Neill Collins moves into management

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I had a chance to be slightly speculatively and obliquely ITK, along with a fellow poster on this one.

Deaneandagana and I were sat watching United away at Preston in a bar in Crete last September when a couple walked in and sat down. The gent thought it was Sunderland and we corrected him, at which point they said their lad used to play for United, hello Mr and Mrs Stead.

Jon was Collins’ assistant at Tampa Bay, but Collins was in the running for the Udders job and if he got it, he was bringing Jon back as his assistant, which they were hoping would happen so they could see more of their grandchildren.

Almost 12 months later and he is coming back to work with Collins at Barnsley and I could have predicted that and looked very smart, finger on the pulse and I blew it 😕

Monty leaves a cushy job and life in Australia and gets sacked quickly, Collins and Stead do the same but leave the US and get sacked within a season.

Some people just aren’t cut out for proper management jobs, stick to the pretend overseas leagues lads!

Monty leaves a cushy job and life in Australia and gets sacked quickly, Collins and Stead do the same but leave the US and get sacked within a season.

Some people just aren’t cut out for proper management jobs, stick to the pretend overseas leagues lads!

Has Monty been sacked? Not heard that.

Looking at Barnsley's recent results I can kind of understand the thinking. The fans had turned against Collins and there was a toxic atmosphere. They need a win on Saturday to avoid dropping out of the play-offs, and think there's more chance of three points if they shake things up. Saying that, most Dingle fans would have been happy at the start of the season to know they'd be in 5th with one to play.

or is it lack of patience that we are all guilty of. monty success didnt happen overnight at central coast, foundations of that success came in season & a bit before. he won the A league championship

or is it lack of patience that we are all guilty of. monty success didnt happen overnight at central coast, foundations of that success came in season & a bit before. he won the A league championship
Definitely, clubs seem to restructure under every manager then just sack them if it goes wrong.

Surely the best way is to have a vision for the club and employ a manager who fits within that, then when they leave you just carry on?

I’d love to see a Monty technical training session though:

“Reyt lads, today we’re working on making your 2nd touch a 30:70 tackle, get your shin pads on”

on neill collins i was shocked but read a great tweet & then researched & he was correct it was relegation form, in the last 12 games form table they are 19th. i think with only 2 pts more than Carlisle

Definitely, clubs seem to restructure under every manager then just sack them if it goes wrong.

Surely the best way is to have a vision for the club and employ a manager who fits within that, then when they leave you just carry on?

I’d love to see a Monty technical training session though:

“Reyt lads, today we’re working on making your 2nd touch a 30:70 tackle, get your shin pads on”
I would enjoy watching Monty chat with Souza because, although Monty may not have been the most skillful on the ball, his off-the-ball contributions more than compensated for his lack of technical talent

Back
Top Bottom