Naysmith to Huddersfield?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

TonyAgana

Reaction score
Only heard it from a town supporting mate, but anyone else heard this?

Dont know about Naysmith but I'm going to dig the car out and go shopping in Huddersfield in about an hour.

Would be a bad bit of business in my opinion, unless he's struggling after his latest injury and is going to be retired soon?? Who knows! I would imagine he's quite a high earner so it's not beyond the realms of possibility!

Maybe just a loan to get fitness up?

Town fan who runs the local chippy of choice said nothing about it last night.

Incidentally, Fish and Chips was 150 years old yesterday. Hip hip hooray:gallop:

I can tell you do:fishy:

If he did it would just to be get match practice.

Heard Blackwell on Hallam earlier saying he's about 2-3weeks away from playing regular football but the weather has made it difficult to get him games.

There is absolutely no way he will go to Huddersfield. He's our best full back by a mile and has bags of experience so a long lay off won't have affected him.

Naysmith struggling for match fitness is better than any kind of Andy Taylor. If he goes to Huddersfield in any sort of deal then the club really has lost the plot! We need him back playing as quickly as possible. He's been a big miss.

There is absolutely no way he will go to Huddersfield. He's our best full back by a mile and has bags of experience so a long lay off won't have affected him.

Naysmith struggling for match fitness is better than any kind of Andy Taylor. If he goes to Huddersfield in any sort of deal then the club really has lost the plot! We need him back playing as quickly as possible. He's been a big miss.

He's paid approaching £1M per year. Think about that in terms of about £6M of gate receipts. He's a full back, not a striker.

The best we have and quite good (nothing more), but easily replaceable. Would be very good business offloading him, to prevent further pain later or in more significant areas. Then again, not a chance of Huddersfield, or anyone else, matching his wages. He'll be with us until the summer, without a shadow of a doubt.

UTB

He's paid approaching £1M per year. Think about that in terms of about £6M of gate receipts. He's a full back, not a striker.

I take your point but what concerns me more in terms of £6M gate receipts is the idea that we venture fruitless investment in 3 nothing clubs across the globe. Having a very good left back on a larger than average salary is less concerning to me.

Considering the recent admitted failings of our other projects I would sooner sack them off and keep a good player for the only team we should be investing in.

In my mind he isnt easily replaceable unless we have £2M to spend on a full back. We have tried with Taylor and Stewart, no disrespect to the latter in particular - neither is fit to clean Naysmith's boots. He is a solid, dependable full back and I for one will be dis-enchanted if he is sold.

but we simply can't "bin off" the other ventures. like you I have big reservations, but they're here to stay. We, or for that matter, any championship club, cannot afford £1M per year on "solid" left backs. It's madness, IMHO.

UTB

but we simply can't "bin off" the other ventures. like you I have big reservations, but they're here to stay. We, or for that matter, any championship club, cannot afford £1M per year on "solid" left backs. It's madness, IMHO.

UTB

I don't totally disagree with you and I get where you're coming from. That clutch of players we signed following relegation were certainly a gamble. It became immediately apparent after we failed to bounce straight back - that we wouldn't be able to keep most of them for the long term.

I still don't think Huddersfield would be his destination though. Lets just say for arguments sake I agree with you and we have to let him go due to wages - how on earth are Huddersfield going to afford him if we cant pay him?! I doubt the guy would take a pay cut at his age, he's what? 31 now?

exactly, that's why I think it's nailed on he's here until the summer. Then he'll definitley be off.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom