Naughton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

dj_uk_1234

Reaction score
Just had a text from a mate

Apparently, he may be out soon as well. Not sure how true it is.

Maybe Bromby was a replacement, make sense?

I think the sale of Beattie may have been a calculated in terms of our power to keep other key individuals.

Coupled with the fact I don't think many will risk cash on him after so little experience, I think he'll be staying.

500k for Naughton anyone? Mind you atleast anymore we get for him will be 100% profit.

Villa and City have had scouts at lane apparently, if the money men come calling us smaller clubs find it hard to resist, it's a fact we have to live with...

Well until we see the day were we try to keep our best players then we will always be a smaller club.

Although Beattie has gone to Stoke who will no doubt be playing us next season.

Well until we see the day were we try to keep our best players then we will always be a smaller club.

Although Beattie has gone to Stoke who will no doubt be playing us next season.

Remind me again who purchased Beattie in the first place? Held onto Jags for years? Kept Tonge back when Liverpool were interested?

Yes its gutting we've lost a great striker... but christ almighty it's not like we are having regular fire-sales.

Remind me again who purchased Beattie in the first place? Held onto Jags for years? Kept Tonge back when Liverpool were interested?

Yes its gutting we've lost a great striker... but christ almighty it's not like we are having regular fire-sales.

What have Southampton got to do with it? ;):D

True we held onto Jags for a while.

Dont think we ever got a firm offer in for Tonge just alot of rumours.

It was a gamble to bring in Beattie since he was out of favour at Everton and It seemed like no one else wanted him. True it took alot pursuading to bring him which shows ambition but to then let him go for less than we paid for him does not.

It will become a mega-sale as we have a few players out of favour that we need to offload and ones that should of gone well before Beattie.

It will become a mega-sale as we have a few players out of favour that we need to offload and ones that should of gone well before Beattie.

But the key point is... will it become a mega-sale of players we need to keep?

I don't think it will, unless there's something big in the offing.

We'll have to wait and see as usual, I'd prefer not to self combust until I've given chance for us to strengthen though :)

Villa and City have had scouts at lane apparently, if the money men come calling us smaller clubs find it hard to resist, it's a fact we have to live with...

Didn't mean we were a small club just meant teams in the prem with bigger financial punch are a more attractive propersition than ourselves or anyone else outside the top flight..

I don't think we will be selling anyone else without it being a very very good offer.
Just looked at OS and counted the players fit in the Squad and we have 18 fit players at the moment.

I don't think we will be selling anyone else without it being a very very good offer.
Just looked at OS and counted the players fit in the Squad and we have 18 fit players at the moment.

By fit you mean healthy, not using Linz's definition here are you sensible?:D A better question though is how many of the 'fit' can actually play football?

Back
Top Bottom