Incoming? mystery player

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The quote says he put a line through his name, so he was definitely on a list..
True I know but Wilder crossed him off so that list isn’t as clear cut sorted as I’d hoped. I would’ve thought the hit list should be finalised come the end of the season, obviously if he’s crossing off names at the last game the list isn’t sorted

Great, so if Messi can't be arsed in a end of season nothing game but Paul Stancliffes lad (did he have a footballer son?) runs about a lot we go for him? Worked well with his 50 Duffy replacement attempts.

I know Stan's son. He was a pro keeper with Scarboro and York. I have played football with him outfield (post pro career) with pals and he does not run about that much. He used to spend games texting on his phone actually. Good lad though.

For the record, Stan the man was one of my favourite players as a kid playing centre half 👍, my point on players our fans want stands though.

Can't help but think this is a quote for show.

Whilst I fully agree with his approach to character and attitude, if a player was deemed such a target based on previous scouting etc, then ruling out on one end of season performance seems a bit OTT.

Do you know if he had a cold, bereavement, playing through injury......? I'm sure you do so I wouldn't want to be known as that 'element' of our support. For the record I have seen worse than this sides crap, but glad I know we can't challenge our glorious leader. For F*** Sake.

Plenty of gerrit forrad battlers out there in their 30's.

Hahaha…..fucks sake.

Kin cold…..

You carry on believing that the manager rocked up not knowing if this mystery player was fit, recovering from the sad loss of his pet French bulldog or maybe had a bit of a sniffle.

The glorious leader comment ratified the element of support perfectly. Well done.

Yeah Footballers are not human, ha gerrit forrad brigade. What was the reason wilder used to walk out on United? Or did he get a pass.

United fans, accepting mediocre crap since the 80's, as long as we hit our chests while failing.

That bit about the player potentially deliberately downing tools to avoid getting a potential move to Sheffield United I find almost as funny as Souza's Brazil national team claims. If that is the case then Wilder needs to work hard to find a buyer for Anel. If he starts next season then he'll have hugely contradicted himself with that bizarre statement.

A thread about a mystery player we definitely aren't signing?

We're still somehow supporting this club after that nightmare of a season, we're capable of anything mon frere
Clue #1 - he's a professional footballer

Clue #2 - he's just played in the Championship

Clue #3 - he's out of contract in the summer

Clue #4 - he might have played as a goalkeeper, or maybe in defence, could have been midfield, or possibly as a striker

Clue #5 - at some point last season he kicked a ball, made a tackle, completed a pass, headed the ball, had a shot on goal

Clue #6 - the shirt he wore last season matched that of the club he played for, and had their badge on the front, and his name and number on the back

Clue #7 - both his first name and surname start with letters between A-Z

Blades fans, it's over to you.

Who is the mystery player?

I heard he likes his toast buttered on both sides and has specially made underwear to fit his 5 arses

Can't help but think this is a quote for show.

Whilst I fully agree with his approach to character and attitude, if a player was deemed such a target based on previous scouting etc, then ruling out on one end of season performance seems a bit OTT.
Manager watches player live and doesn’t like what he see’s.

Surely that’s his job. Data gets you so far but that’s why you go to games and watch them personally. You see things you don’t like and draw a line through his name.

It’s like should you sign player a or b. You go watch player A and he half arses it so you go for player B.

Pretty sure this is standard.

Plenty of quality players whose attitude are of the kind he’s after.
As usual, certain elements of our support prefer a negative take on what Wilder has said, without knowing the player involved and just how bad he was.

But I think he’s right, any player choosing to place themselves on the beach when the season isn’t over is being disrespectful to the paying public and their employer. No doubt eyeing his next move too.
So having has issues with players doing this all this last season he’s absolutely right to look elsewhere. First sign of problems and give up!?
We do t need that because believe me, we will have problems for a good while at the start of next season and if the mentality ain’t right we might not pull it around.
There is a video on this site with Des Taylor a scout agent rolled into on ! He says the same things as Wilder! Attitude first and foremost ,athletism + skills etc come next.
He is a very successful agent ,scout so he knows what he's talking about.

It was Vini Souza. Us v Forest. It just looked like a Championship game!

Hope acquisitions aren't a mystery to the recruiting team,

Clue #1 - he's a professional footballer

Clue #2 - he's just played in the Championship

Clue #3 - he's out of contract in the summer

Clue #4 - he might have played as a goalkeeper, or maybe in defence, could have been midfield, or possibly as a striker

Clue #5 - at some point last season he kicked a ball, made a tackle, completed a pass, headed the ball, had a shot on goal

Clue #6 - the shirt he wore last season matched that of the club he played for, and had their badge on the front, and his name and number on the back

Clue #7 - both his first name and surname start with letters between A-Z

Blades fans, it's over to you.

Who is the mystery player?
He sounds like an upgrade on our current squad. It’s a yes from me.

Hang on, Stevie Wonder has far far superior hand to eye co-ordination than Grbic!

Fun Fact: I've (briefly) met Stevie Wonder, 20 years ago, and he was a big bloke, much bigger than I thought he would be.

Fun Fact: I've (briefly) met Stevie Wonder, 20 years ago, and he was a big bloke, much bigger than I thought he would be.
Spare a thought for him, he has to wash himself in the dark!

If there is a hint of truth about that article, ruling a player out on the basis of a 90 minute outlier in sample size is deeply concerning
No it’s not. They had already scouted him and knew of his abilities, but to see a lack of effort would have put me off after watching some this season.

Great, so if Messi can't be arsed in a end of season nothing game but Paul Stancliffes lad (did he have a footballer son?) runs about a lot we go for him? Worked well with his 50 Duffy replacement attempts.
I drink in the same pub as Stancliffe on Sundays, his son in law (who I do know a little bit) might have had something to do with football.

I drink in the same pub as Stancliffe on Sundays, his son in law (who I do know a little bit) might have had something to do with football.
Where does Stancliffe live these days?

In his playing career he lived in Wickersley. (or there abouts) I used to see him knocking around every now and then

i was reading the star article. about wilders rebuild i found this extract fasinating. anyone have any idea who he was talking about. as according to this all we know is wilder went to 1 of games on final day of the championship. that was a dead rubber for either 1 or both teams

View attachment 183864
View attachment 183865

He's bang on for me. Certain players didn't give up when Tottenham went two up. BBD, Hamer, Robinson.

Cool, Deadbat mentioned this, seems he had a decent career but probably not premier league/ Champ level. To note, loved his dad as a kid, he was great and alongside Deane and Agana up with my heroes 👍.

My point was more we seen to be stuck in an 80's style of football management and the new shirts should say run, kick, shout on the inside of the collar

Back
Top Bottom