Incoming? mystery player

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

sheff_blade90

Reaction score
i was reading the star article. about wilders rebuild i found this extract fasinating. anyone have any idea who he was talking about. as according to this all we know is wilder went to 1 of games on final day of the championship. that was a dead rubber for either 1 or both teams

Screenshot_20240523_175116_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240523_175142_Samsung Internet.jpg

i was reading the star article. about wilders rebuild i found this extract fasinating. anyone have any idea who he was talking about. as according to this all we know is wilder went to 1 of games on final day of the championship. that was a dead rubber for either 1 or both teams

View attachment 183864
View attachment 183865

So he doesn't sign this one player based on one game but signs a goalkeeper nicknamed Stevie Wonder.

Some speculate Alan Browne but I don't think Browne is that sort of character.

If there is a hint of truth about that article, ruling a player out on the basis of a 90 minute outlier in sample size is deeply concerning

Don’t disagree necessarily.

But I will say based off the last 12 months character is equally if not more important than pure ability.

Do we end up with just 16 points with the likes of sharp / Egan / JOC / bash / baldock playing and giving 100% for the full 90.

I do agree 100% with wilder than we need players than want to be here and are going to be committed.

The likes of Souza who probably never wanted to be here and Anel seeming with one foot out of the door since promotion - despite last playing well before his kid was born - were never all in imo. And that filtered through in performances and the squad.

Add to that far too many loan players with no long term skin in the game here and it’s the recipe for the season we’ve just had.

Plenty of quality players whose attitude are of the kind he’s after.
As usual, certain elements of our support prefer a negative take on what Wilder has said, without knowing the player involved and just how bad he was.

But I think he’s right, any player choosing to place themselves on the beach when the season isn’t over is being disrespectful to the paying public and their employer. No doubt eyeing his next move too.
So having has issues with players doing this all this last season he’s absolutely right to look elsewhere. First sign of problems and give up!?
We do t need that because believe me, we will have problems for a good while at the start of next season and if the mentality ain’t right we might not pull it around.

View attachment 183864
View attachment 183865
Wouldn't put Wilder in charge of a pub team!

Going to watch a player last game of season to see if he fits the bill indicates to me Wilder probably still hasn’t finalised his target list, which is concerning

Wilder, Hoyland, and the other one all said the biggest thing they were prioritising in scouting was 'watching players', and while that is fair enough in essence, when you say it one game before the close season before the biggest rebuild ever it's a bit 😬

Going to watch a player last game of season to see if he fits the bill indicates to me Wilder probably still hasn’t finalised his target list, which is concerning

I’d be surprised if he has finalised it. The list of players he’s interested in is probably massive. That will slowly get whittled down as we get a better picture of those who are suitable, attainable and want to join us.

I mean this in the nicest possible way….i think it’s probably a load of rubbish so people read the quote & think everything’s going to change.

It’s a quote to get fans on his side & possibly to players coming in that they’ll need to work hard to please.

Plenty of quality players whose attitude are of the kind he’s after.
As usual, certain elements of our support prefer a negative take on what Wilder has said, without knowing the player involved and just how bad he was.

But I think he’s right, any player choosing to place themselves on the beach when the season isn’t over is being disrespectful to the paying public and their employer. No doubt eyeing his next move too.
So having has issues with players doing this all this last season he’s absolutely right to look elsewhere. First sign of problems and give up!?
We do t need that because believe me, we will have problems for a good while at the start of next season and if the mentality ain’t right we might not pull it around.
Do you know if he had a cold, bereavement, playing through injury......? I'm sure you do so I wouldn't want to be known as that 'element' of our support. For the record I have seen worse than this sides crap, but glad I know we can't challenge our glorious leader. For F*** Sake.

Plenty of gerrit forrad battlers out there in their 30's.

If there is a hint of truth about that article, ruling a player out on the basis of a 90 minute outlier in sample size is deeply concerning
Did you not see our half arsed team this year?

We are okay in being rubbish. But this year wasn’t just that we was rubbish it was that we half arsed it.

The group as a whole is rotten I don’t want any players like we had this season.

i know it was the correct assumption upon further research. but many had written off grbic on his debut despite having not been off a plane for 48 hrs

The quote says he put a line through his name, so he was definitely on a list..

Back
Top Bottom