My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Phew. That’s a relief!
Good to know that gigantic ego of yours is still intact.
Que sera sera, whatever will be will be,
Pompey’s too busy to see the Blades at Wemberlee,
Que sera sera.
That's not really an argument is it? There are many many more Blades that do not go to matches than those that do. Not everyone can get to games or even afford it.
Even if you don't want to go to the games it doesn't make you a 'lesser' Blade now does it? Why should anyone have to justify not going to games or even leaving games early? - it's personal preference.

There's too much of this "proper Blade" nonsense.

That's not really an argument is it? There are many many more Blades that do not go to matches than those that do. Not everyone can get to games or even afford it.
Even if you don't want to go to the games it doesn't make you a 'lesser' Blade now does it? Why should anyone have to justify not going to games or even leaving games early? - it's personal preference.

It's a common trope, usually pitched by no marks whose only badge is one with the cutlasses on it circled by 'NO BIGGER BLADE THAN ME THANOSE'

It's weird because on here, I don't doubt there are Unitedites who have most if not all home and away shirts, duvet covers, beanie hats, underpants, bought a brick, have a car reg with had United in it somewhere and haven't missed a home and away match for decades. Are they bigger Blades than Magnifique? Who says so? More importantly, who gives a fuck? They possibly know every lineup and song and paint their dick or tits red and white. Are they bigger Blades than me? Do I fucking care?

What I do care about is that between 1500 and 1655 most Satdis, the team I love go out there and give it their best and win matches. I could be sat in my front room or I could be sat in the TC stand next to the man himself talking about the quality goal. It means not one fuck.

Magnifiques problem isn't Bladey Blades at all. It's me. And he needs to fucking grow up.

pommpey

I won't be at the gig, I'll be at the semi-final.

My favourite song is The Gates of Delirium and I can guarantee he won't play it.
First band I ever went to see was Yes, at Donny Top Rank.
I went out and bought the Yes album, the next day.
Didn’t really like them after Rick Wakeman joined em, and thought they became a bit self indulgent after that.
22 minutes would be a little long for an encore, but judging by your mate’s, lengthy and not so gentle reply to me, he does like a long solo. Please explain to him that’s another gentle leg pull.
Glad you’ll get to the semi final.
Yours is no disgrace!

Please explain to him that’s another gentle leg pull.

It's not a 'gentle leg-pull' though is it? Check your fucked-up opening gambit in this thread, why don't you?

Now you've been exposed as a narrow minded blowhard with an even narrower set of allowances and a poor understanding of which battle to fight, you are slowly backing out of the room.

Do me a massive fucking favour. Like many who can't fucking stand the mere existence of me on here and hold similar beliefs about what Sheffield United fans constitute and what their levity is regarding commenting within a fans messageboard, why don't you either:

a. block me

b. ignore the fuck out of me and scroll past

Either way I don't give a fat fuck and regardless of what you choose, because I will never stop. If anything, people like you give me every reason to continue

pommpey

It's not a 'gentle leg-pull' though is it? Check your fucked-up opening gambit in this thread, why don't you?

Now you've been exposed as a narrow minded blowhard with an even narrower set of allowances and a poor understanding of which battle to fight, you are slowly backing out of the room.

Do me a massive fucking favour. Like many who can't fucking stand the mere existence of me on here and hold similar beliefs about what Sheffield United fans constitute and what their levity is regarding commenting within a fans messageboard, why don't you either:

a. block me

b. ignore the fuck out of me and scroll past

Either way I don't give a fat fuck and regardless of what you choose, because I will never stop. If anything, people like you give me every reason to continue

pommpey
Take some water with it, old boy, and calm down.
Who couldn’t like you? You’re so self-effacing and charming?
Just to show there’s no hard feelings, if ever you want a programme from any of the matches, give me a shout.

First band I ever went to see was Yes, at Donny Top Rank.
I went out and bought the Yes album, the next day.
Didn’t really like them after Rick Wakeman joined em, and thought they became a bit self indulgent after that.
22 minutes would be a little long for an encore, but judging by your mate’s, lengthy and not so gentle reply to me, he does like a long solo. Please explain to him that’s another gentle leg pull.
Glad you’ll get to the semi final.
Yours is no disgrace!

Okay, keep it Yes and we'll get on fine. Even though I love self-indulgent Yes from Wakeman onwards, nothing fascinates me more than early Yes, especially gigs from 1968-1971. Bill Bruford's account of his time in Yes in his autobiography is a wonderous snapshot of the late-1960s rock explosion, so well written that I find myself right there. Indeed, when they invent a time machine, that's where I'll be off; not necessarily Donny Top Rank, but possibly the Penthouse in Sheffield in 1969.

3 bands on that night.Yes, headlining supported by If, and Egg.
Had my first under aged pint, and proper snog too that night.
Wouldn’t mind going back there myself.

3 bands on that night.Yes, headlining supported by If, and Egg.
Had my first under aged pint, and proper snog too that night.
Wouldn’t mind going back there myself.

Egg? My yolk runneth over! I do remember reading an interview with Dave Stewart where he commented on those gigs supporting Yes, where they observed from stage-side with mocking supposed-superiority, thinking that Jon Anderson dressed all in white was trying to present a God-like aura, but he said they later realised that that is what they all really thought of themselves when they were up on stage - they secretly all felt god (small 'g')-like.

The first two Egg albums are the absolute peak of adventurous late-60s/early-70s Prog for me.

Take some water with it, old boy, and calm down.
Who couldn’t like you? You’re so self-effacing and charming?
Just to show there’s no hard feelings, if ever you want a programme from any of the matches, give me a shout.

Oh, the old 'you're so angry' tactic. Always used by trolls like you when your arse is on fire and you're earthbound. Predictable shit.

Now you're feinting left and engaging Greenwich about prog rock. Nice move.

As said, bow out with grace and go start your own shit elsewhere, eh? This thread is about the last game and deserves to drop off the bottom of the screen now.

pommpey

The dog is probably thinking, "Fuckity, Greenwich has started on about Prog Rock; we'll never shut him up now."

I wouldn't get dragged into the debate Greenwich. He's using the 'Greenwich is MY mate too' tactic.

Just let the thread drop off the bottom and if he's got anything meaningful to contribute, he'll start his own thread. Or not.

pommpey

I wouldn't get dragged into the debate Greenwich. He's using the 'Greenwich is MY mate too' tactic.

Just let the thread drop off the bottom and if he's got anything meaningful to contribute, he'll start his own thread. Or not.

pommpey

I know, but a mention of Egg leaves me powerless to resist.

pommpey
I may not be your biggest supporter on the forum pommpey (!!) but you don't half get some taters posting stuff against you. Talking of which where's Fallowfield with his usual beyond boring old shtick?

Nowt wrong with Pommpey's match reports and player performance scores. I read them because his assessments are spot on. in my opinion.
if anyone doesn't like the reports thats up to them. nobody is forced to read them.
Agree, I don't get to as many games as I'd like and it's nice to see the view from the armchair, which pommpey is an expert on.

Agree with most on here. I don’t get to go to the games.
I miss the atmosphere and your emotions are kept in check a little more when at a match, don’t want to embarrass yourself and all that.
I reckon it makes you angrier watching on the telly or sky sports scores or being able to write shit on the shoutbox.

Still the red and white runs through my blood, always will till tha the day I die.

The last game I actually went to was against Peterborough at the lane when we won 6-2, I was back visiting family as I have lived in Suffolk for nearly 30 years, however, I was born just off London road on Grosvenor Square, went to Denby street nursery followed by Sharrow lane school, my Dad was a blade and all my siblings, my mother worked in the old pavilion before they built the new stand, so as a child I spent a lot of time having Bramall lane as a bit of a playground.
Does this qualify me as a blade or do I need to attend every match?

Continue your fine work Pommpey.
UTB

For the purposes of factual accuracy, I repeat, what I actually said

“It’s not a matter of who is the bigger Blade etc., not interested in that. I genuinely think it would give him a more rounded perspective on the team it’s players, the effort they put in, than just relying on a screen all the time.”

For the purposes of factual accuracy, I repeat, what I actually said

“It’s not a matter of who is the bigger Blade etc., not interested in that. I genuinely think it would give him a more rounded perspective on the team it’s players, the effort they put in, than just relying on a screen all the time.”

You started with:

Good team aren’t they?
Will you be going to Wembley for a spot of glory hunting, Pompous, or has the City draw put you off now?

Which is hardly 'talking about the football' is it? What it is, is 'being a forum bellend' much the same as you being in such an elevated position as to make judgements as to how much perspective I have on a game or players fulfilling your requirements. Bigger Blade, huh? Last year Berge got toppled down by the Shoreham end in the box. My mate, sat in the BLUT Wattsapped me 'PENALTY THAT!' to which, with five decent replays on my 65" 4K HDTV I could reliably text back 'Nope'.

Don't talk to me about 'rounded perspective'. You know fuck all about it. All you are trying to do is mantra the age old bollocks that your POV (have you got one?) about United is far better than mine because you have the geographical advantage of living closer to Bramall Lane and attending home games and having fuck all to do on away game nights to travel to the match. Well done you! Are you a bigger Blade than anyone else? Are you fuck. You're just a forum vacuum, bereft on comment on the game but irked by an armchair commentator because his opinion differs from yours. Admit it. Go on. It won't hurt (much)

If you attending game gives you far better perspective here's a challenge. Start your own fucking thread up. Take the time to tell us personally what you saw of the game and give marks out of ten to boot. I'll trot by and tell you where you got it wrong because my sainted view with the cameras prove you are talking horseshit.

Consider yourself 'called out'.

pommpey

Yep, I also said that, not really a big a deal is it?
Here’s the thing.
I will start with a positive about you, not because as you have saidI’m backing off, but because I feel one of us ought to try and be conciliatory, and I don’t think that’s really you is it?
This forum would be much the poorer without you and your contribution and regular threads on the game.No question.
I might not agree with a lot of what you say, or often the way you say it, but will defend your right to say it here.
Your threads often provoke a healthy dialogue between you and responders,and sometimes not so healthy dialogue.No problem with that either.
I also think that the forum would be much the poorer, if when people disagreed with something on here, they couldn’t give a response with what they think, and/or indulge in a bit of leg pulling/banter, with someone who frankly has also been known to do a bit of leg pulling.
I’m sorry if my bantz about you not going to Wembley has caused you some offence.Quite honestly.
But, I do not apologise nor back off, for and from my, also honest view, that, your marking and comments about players, are harsh, and going to a game now and again, as well as watching it on tv, does provide for a more rounded less negative perspective, on team effort etc.I know you disagree with this, and many more do.It is nevertheless my view, and I am prepared to accept the pelters from you for it,and anyone else’s.I’m a big boy!
It’s prob the same reason why I don’t like v a r, and prefer the ref to call the decision in real time.I went home from the game on Sunday, like all the Blackburn players, the ref and most of the ground, not having seen the handball.
Having watched it when I got in, the telly did show the ball to hand, it is true, but I’m not convinced it was a pen and don’t see how he could have taken his arm away at that speed.
It’s a forum of differing views, with humour or at least attempted humour thrown in.It makes it better for that.
However, and I will say this one more time, and it is why I quoted myself earlier to reiterate what I actually said, I am not saying that going to games makes anyone a bigger Blade.That is just not my view, no matter how many times you insist it is.
No doubt you will respond in your usual vein, and give you free rein to vent,with the last word. Can’t say fairer than that.
I look forward to your next my take, after the Norwich game, when I get back, hopefully after seeing another great Blades performance.It goes without saying I will respond in a way I see fit, as is my choice, on a football forum. You never know we might even agree!

Yep, I also said that, not really a big a deal is it?
Here’s the thing.
I will start with a positive about you, not because as you have saidI’m backing off, but because I feel one of us ought to try and be conciliatory, and I don’t think that’s really you is it?
This forum would be much the poorer without you and your contribution and regular threads on the game.No question.
I might not agree with a lot of what you say, or often the way you say it, but will defend your right to say it here.
Your threads often provoke a healthy dialogue between you and responders,and sometimes not so healthy dialogue.No problem with that either.
I also think that the forum would be much the poorer, if when people disagreed with something on here, they couldn’t give a response with what they think, and/or indulge in a bit of leg pulling/banter, with someone who frankly has also been known to do a bit of leg pulling.
I’m sorry if my bantz about you not going to Wembley has caused you some offence.Quite honestly.
But, I do not apologise nor back off, for and from my, also honest view, that, your marking and comments about players, are harsh, and going to a game now and again, as well as watching it on tv, does provide for a more rounded less negative perspective, on team effort etc.I know you disagree with this, and many more do.It is nevertheless my view, and I am prepared to accept the pelters from you for it,and anyone else’s.I’m a big boy!
It’s prob the same reason why I don’t like v a r, and prefer the ref to call the decision in real time.I went home from the game on Sunday, like all the Blackburn players, the ref and most of the ground, not having seen the handball.
Having watched it when I got in, the telly did show the ball to hand, it is true, but I’m not convinced it was a pen and don’t see how he could have taken his arm away at that speed.
It’s a forum of differing views, with humour or at least attempted humour thrown in.It makes it better for that.
However, and I will say this one more time, and it is why I quoted myself earlier to reiterate what I actually said, I am not saying that going to games makes anyone a bigger Blade.That is just not my view, no matter how many times you insist it is.
No doubt you will respond in your usual vein, and give you free rein to vent,with the last word. Can’t say fairer than that.
I look forward to your next my take, after the Norwich game, when I get back, hopefully after seeing another great Blades performance.It goes without saying I will respond in a way I see fit, as is my choice, on a football forum. You never know we might even agree!

It all sounds very much like you 'backing down'. 'Leg-pulling' or whatever, you're still hostile to anyone watching the game on telly, however much you want to dress this up. To you, the only people who can honestly comment on a match are the few thousand allowed seats in the worst corner of an away ground or the twenty odd thousand at Bramall Lane every other Satdi. And that's it. Watch it on telly and you 'don't see the whole picture' and don't benefit from the rich environment of a live football game.

I'll be at the Wigan home game because I am on my usual annual pilgrimage to Sheffield that weekend to catch up with schoolmates and relatives. Quite aside from my extreme joy at being in a stadium I love to be at watching a team I have supported for 44 years away from the boundaries of my birth city, let's see if I can give a reliable My Take ... on that match sat in the BLUT when United hopefully go up the other end in the second half and smash in three goals. I'm sure I'll get a much better, more rounded appreciation asking who got the final touch or if NDaiye is tripped inside or outside the box.

Finally, this has got fuck all to do with 'differing views'. At no time have you mentioned the match or the players or their performances moreso your continued horseshit on your favourite subject ... pommpey ... and what you think my matchday experience should constitute

And people call me attention seeking and narcissistic.

pommpey

To be honest, I’m only going because we’re very unlikely to get to the final. If I was a Man City fan I really don’t think I’d bother going to the semi. I’ve always hated the fact both semi’s are played at Wembley anyway and potentially having to shell out twice can be quite a stretch for most people.

Must admit Pommps, I live abroad and watch all the games on TV. I offer up my opinion on another platform and it is what it is, my opinion based on what I've seen. We came for a visit a couple of weeks back and made it to the Watford game and it was a very different experience. For example I like to watch players off the ball, are they working, looking for space, holding their shape etc. and it is a different perspective. We get replays of the talking points but don't always see the running (or not) that Berge's doing off the ball so there are things we miss, and we can only mark players accordingly.

Being 5,000 miles away I'll take what I can get and I'll base my match report on that, but if someone who's there tells me I'm wrong then on occasion, so be it. Not saying that makes me a lesser Blade, and woe betide any fucker who questions my Bladeness but sometimes we do miss stuff.

In defence of us absent Blades, we live where we live because that's how life panned out, but don't anybody think for one fucking second when that whistle blows, I wouldn't give my tits, testes and todger to be half way up the kop, belting out the GCB.

Back
Top Bottom