My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lowe is so poor I would play JLT at LWB and Clark at LCB.
This is the only option available on that side if he wants to change it. Quite risky as JLT hasn't played as a alft back in an age and possibly never as a WLB. Pretty physical set-up though if United need it in a game. We'd be even more dangerous at set pieces.

I think the only two things that could be added to last night for perfection, would be more legs coming off the bench.

Fingers crossed that Will Osula is nearing a full & fit return. If so, he has to be in front of BS and possibly McB off the bench and Osborn ahead of Fleck.

Hecky be brave! Mobility and heel snapping is needed from the 1st to the 90th minute from now on in.

Goodman 0 points, what the f.ook did we do to him, he's a bloody disgrace, so biased it's not true. Anyway good stuff pommpey, could do with Rnd back or Osborne because Lowe will cost us
I think Goodman keeping Sunderland fans happy ! He used to play for them I think!.

Goodman is a joke. He doesn't even try to hide his dislike of us. Awful challenge on Jebbo in the first half and he was absolutely venting about our players being round the ref not the poor tackle. Feck me if he thinks we are bad watch every week in the prem as the top sides try to ref the game ala Dier at Spurs.

I applaud Hecky, he made the changes and we looked like the team we were earlier in the campaign. He needs to stick with it now. Let other teams worry about us, not the other way round. Massive result and great to capitalise on Boro's slip.

Thanks pommpey

A simply huge win tonight for United. In equal parts it was enthusiastically inspiring then frustratingly banal. Nevertheless, the three points we justifiably earned tonight puts a hell of a dent in Boro's ambitions to overhaul us and shows Hecky that being robustly stubborn will bring nothing but mediocrity and failure. The changes he made tonight worked for large parts of the match. We still have flaws and weak links however and he needs to address that as the pressure builds. Middlesbrough will never give up because they know we have weaknesses and can bottle events like this and are susceptible to injuries. But we just have to concentrate on the next game and not fucking lose. Ten Nine games left, twenty seven to gain and we need at least eighteen from wins and draws to make it certain. Boro have also some pressure on them and as long as we can keep more than four points between us we will get there. What we do with this flawed, aged and somewhat underhorsepowered squad if promoted is another debate. One thing is for certain, if we play what we have been playing in both boots on pitch and tactics we will be simply slaughtered. But there is a whole world of water to travel under the bridge before then.

The changes Hecky made were evident straight away. The midfield, which looked like two sets of two with Berge and Doyle dropped back to allow McAtee to run at them with NDaiye instantly showed great progress with passes and throughballs aplenty, albeit much of them misplaced but well intended. Sunderland looked rattled through this but typically we couldn't finish or capitalise. It was a definite positive development mainly because Doyle was all over the place getting involved instead of sitting deep holding Egan's hand like Norwood does. McAtee and NDaiye again carved chances and got into their box and Jebbo looked pacey and difficult for their particularly lumpen centrebacks to deal with. He had a decent shot at goal which was well saved but Berge later Kozluked a clear chance into the stands as they backed off. Sunderland couldn't offer much back and they endeavoured to play it out only to have it intercepted by the marauding Doyle. We found ourselves trapped in our corner and Berge whacked it out straight to their midfield who, as we drove outfield, found one of their players completely unmarked to run on goal and score as Berge and Lowe blamed each other, standing like fucking statues. It was a well taken and in fairness deserved (because they made the most of a meagre chance which we don't) Then we went shit and Sunderland were suddenly not allowing us to play in their half, no matter what we did. This is where Hacky shows weakness because it called for a switch in strategy rather than riding it out. Fodders made a decent low save and we looked rattled now as they won corners and pressed us into defence. They gave away the ball in midfield and Berge pounced feeding Baldock who rolled it into McAtee's path and he, doing what we've been screaming for for weeks, continued his run into the box, shimmied and clipped a fucking lovely drive into the far corner past their keeper.

Second half and we are actually expecting to win. It's the only result really. Grinding out a draw will just pile on the pressure and after ten minutes we are slightly on top with Doyle on FK duties he did what he threatened to do in the first half and curled a teasing cross unchallenged into the far corner. Was Berge offside? Yes, he was. So fucking what? We've had that kind of shit go against us in the past. It was good to see us weather Sunderland's inevitable storm for the next half hour although I didn't think reverting the team to the Luton staring lineup was a wise choice. It did fuck all to ease our confidence.

Foderingham 6/10: A couple of good stops. His distribution sometimes is pretty pissy.
Baldock 6.5/10: Good gains on RWB from Bogle. Although he's not as advanced and threatening he did set up McAtee's goal and added some robustness down that flank, if losing half a mark for mixing it up unnecessarily at times
Anel 6.5/10: Fairly solid outing from him with some deft touches and interceptions but again goes onto the yellow card roster having just been fucking banned for a pointless foul. We are gonna need him in the next ten games
Egan 7/10: Unremarkable game for Egan. Did his job okay and dealt with threats accordingly
JLT 6.5/10: Another typically robust if somewhat chaotic game. Equal parts to blame for their goal with Berge and Lowe
Lowe 3.5/10: A real weak link for us. His reading of the game is poor as is his positioning. Seems we are just waiting for the return of RND now
Doyle 8/10: Such an upgrade. In the Norwood role he covers more grass and gets stuck in. There's still work to be done but it was encouraging to see him driving the team up the pitch today, much like Michael Brown used to. Deserved his goal.
Berge 4/10: Better, but still lacklustre, slow and somewhat labouring. This deeper role had him more involved but he was nevertheless unproductive and at times simply fucking static.
McAtee 7.5/10: Full point for his superb goal and some dogged endeavour running at their robust midfield and backline. A bit isolated from NDaiye. One would hope a MGW/NDaiye partnership would start to grow where both run at backlines and through like last year. That, is how his goal came.
NDaiye 7/10: Again, our only real threat and source of inspiration with his slippery runs and dogged tenacity even when out of possession
Jebbison 6.5/10: Lower mark because he was, effectively starved of chances. A good attempt on goal in the first half which was well saved

McBurnie 7/10: Good outing from him both in defence and trying to get in and amongst it up front
Norwood 5/10: On for the first time for ages as a sub and did a bit of spadework in midfield. Would love to see him paired with Doyle instead of Berge
Fleck 4/10: Looks pounds overweight and too stocky to be effective now
Sharp 5/10: On the deck most of the time

HJ&SMcC 8/10: Firstly for changing shit round. Then for sticking by it, until they put the Luton team on then 4/10: for making us shit our pants in the final minutes.

Crowd 8/10: Heard throughout the match, in a big stadium. Well done you lot.

Sky Sports 1/10: Cunts. Goodman should never commentate on a team he so profoundly despises again. He spoke utter shit and with such a forked tongue. Also, protracted stills on people is dogshit sports coverage. I don't give a fat cow's cunt who the Sunderland chairman is bumming this week nor do I give a shit what is happening anywhere except on the pitch. Sky needs to alter it's editorial guidelines that if the ball is live, the director switches to the game play. Their colouring is better than SUTV though which always looks like there's summat wrong with your brightness and contrast.

pommpey
Spot on. The intensity from the start was clear we were up for it but we didn't score when on top. I was already shoes off when they scored. Credit where it's due a very dogged workman-like performance and worthy of all 3 points.

Credit to Paul for changing it round massive 3 points

I love goals that are passed into the net just something very classy about them great finish for the 1st goal

UTB

Berge gave his usual mixed bag. Decent when on the ball and dozy fucker off it. Poor for the goal. He is lazy and sometimes still will give a pass and not run for a return.
Lowe is poor at defending and tends to lunge in and get caught out. Bogle does similar. Lowe just can't read the situation or understand when to just shadow.

Great result to get in what was a game full of incident.

Wes 7. Hugely important save at 2-1

Baldock. 7. Defence looks much more sound that side with Furious back in there
Anel 6. Weird game some good some bad. I think on seeing the spurs game his best role is centre of the three.
Egan 7. Good game for me I don’t get the criticism of him on the goal he has to track the Centre man
JLT. 6. Collosal fuck up for the goal look like he dozed off for 20 secs. Other wise fine.
Lowe. 3. Has the positional sense of a Ming vase placed in a field of rutting rhinos. Big weak link for me.

Berge. 6 better game as he played higher up and ran with the ball still drifted in an out.
Doyle. 8. MOTM. Thats his position, Norwood with legs. At least for 65 mins.. needs to work on his stamina though.
McAtee 7. When on the ball looked a threat but like Berge he drifts in and out.. cracking goal.

Jebbo. 7. Looks so much stronger now, only 19.. could be a real beast in two years.
Illy. 8. He’s bloody good isn’t he?

subs
Norwood 6. Replaced the tiring Doyle, did okay, one bad challenge though lucky to get away with.
Fleck. 6 coming on when the opposition are knackered looks his best bet now
Bogle. 6 Did okay. Strange decision to bring Baldock off who didn't look tired.
Sharp n/a On to late to mark.

Hecky 8. After the cluster fuck of Saturday brave changes and they all paid off. More like that please.

Last edited:
This is the only option available on that side if he wants to change it. Quite risky as JLT hasn't played as a alft back in an age and possibly never as a WLB. Pretty physical set-up though if United need it in a game. We'd be even more dangerous at set pieces.

Lowe has really regressed. I thought he was poor when we signed him and this season has had one or two reasonably decent matches. But last night showed him to be nowhere near even Stevens's level of ability and Sunderland concentrated on that wing throughout the match because the chemistry between Lowe, Berge and Robinson is shambolic at times. When we are defending down that flank, Robinson is an enforcer, Lowe has the man on the ball so should be no more than three metres from him out of possession and tight on him in possession. Last night early doors we were caught out by that and massively flat footed for their goal (although Berge could have done a lot better too)

Can't wait for the energy and doggedness of RND to come back

pommpey

I thought Berge had on the whole a decent match, big improvement on recent performances, loads more energy in midfield and Baldock was good. Jebbo was decent as well, looked dangerous and energy
Just a shame we couldn’t score again in the first half when we totally dominated the match, great goal by Macateer, needed that goal desperately
Much better team selection from recent matches

yes lowe is the next one who needs benching hes been poor the last 4 games has to be either robinson at lwb and clark in at lcb or we play osborn there and the main thing doyle gives us over norwood is not only his energy levels its the fact hes further up the pitch norwood plays like a 4th centre back thats why we get overun in midfield when hes in but well done hecky for being more positive we look so much better when we play on the front foot

A simply huge win tonight for United. In equal parts it was enthusiastically inspiring then frustratingly banal. Nevertheless, the three points we justifiably earned tonight puts a hell of a dent in Boro's ambitions to overhaul us and shows Hecky that being robustly stubborn will bring nothing but mediocrity and failure. The changes he made tonight worked for large parts of the match. We still have flaws and weak links however and he needs to address that as the pressure builds. Middlesbrough will never give up because they know we have weaknesses and can bottle events like this and are susceptible to injuries. But we just have to concentrate on the next game and not fucking lose. Ten Nine games left, twenty seven to gain and we need at least eighteen from wins and draws to make it certain. Boro have also some pressure on them and as long as we can keep more than four points between us we will get there. What we do with this flawed, aged and somewhat underhorsepowered squad if promoted is another debate. One thing is for certain, if we play what we have been playing in both boots on pitch and tactics we will be simply slaughtered. But there is a whole world of water to travel under the bridge before then.

The changes Hecky made were evident straight away. The midfield, which looked like two sets of two with Berge and Doyle dropped back to allow McAtee to run at them with NDaiye instantly showed great progress with passes and throughballs aplenty, albeit much of them misplaced but well intended. Sunderland looked rattled through this but typically we couldn't finish or capitalise. It was a definite positive development mainly because Doyle was all over the place getting involved instead of sitting deep holding Egan's hand like Norwood does. McAtee and NDaiye again carved chances and got into their box and Jebbo looked pacey and difficult for their particularly lumpen centrebacks to deal with. He had a decent shot at goal which was well saved but Berge later Kozluked a clear chance into the stands as they backed off. Sunderland couldn't offer much back and they endeavoured to play it out only to have it intercepted by the marauding Doyle. We found ourselves trapped in our corner and Berge whacked it out straight to their midfield who, as we drove outfield, found one of their players completely unmarked to run on goal and score as Berge and Lowe blamed each other, standing like fucking statues. It was a well taken and in fairness deserved (because they made the most of a meagre chance which we don't) Then we went shit and Sunderland were suddenly not allowing us to play in their half, no matter what we did. This is where Hacky shows weakness because it called for a switch in strategy rather than riding it out. Fodders made a decent low save and we looked rattled now as they won corners and pressed us into defence. They gave away the ball in midfield and Berge pounced feeding Baldock who rolled it into McAtee's path and he, doing what we've been screaming for for weeks, continued his run into the box, shimmied and clipped a fucking lovely drive into the far corner past their keeper.

Second half and we are actually expecting to win. It's the only result really. Grinding out a draw will just pile on the pressure and after ten minutes we are slightly on top with Doyle on FK duties he did what he threatened to do in the first half and curled a teasing cross unchallenged into the far corner. Was Berge offside? Yes, he was. So fucking what? We've had that kind of shit go against us in the past. It was good to see us weather Sunderland's inevitable storm for the next half hour although I didn't think reverting the team to the Luton staring lineup was a wise choice. It did fuck all to ease our confidence.

Foderingham 6/10: A couple of good stops. His distribution sometimes is pretty pissy.
Baldock 6.5/10: Good gains on RWB from Bogle. Although he's not as advanced and threatening he did set up McAtee's goal and added some robustness down that flank, if losing half a mark for mixing it up unnecessarily at times
Anel 6.5/10: Fairly solid outing from him with some deft touches and interceptions but again goes onto the yellow card roster having just been fucking banned for a pointless foul. We are gonna need him in the next ten games
Egan 7/10: Unremarkable game for Egan. Did his job okay and dealt with threats accordingly
JLT 6.5/10: Another typically robust if somewhat chaotic game. Equal parts to blame for their goal with Berge and Lowe
Lowe 3.5/10: A real weak link for us. His reading of the game is poor as is his positioning. Seems we are just waiting for the return of RND now
Doyle 8/10: Such an upgrade. In the Norwood role he covers more grass and gets stuck in. There's still work to be done but it was encouraging to see him driving the team up the pitch today, much like Michael Brown used to. Deserved his goal.
Berge 4/10: Better, but still lacklustre, slow and somewhat labouring. This deeper role had him more involved but he was nevertheless unproductive and at times simply fucking static.
McAtee 7.5/10: Full point for his superb goal and some dogged endeavour running at their robust midfield and backline. A bit isolated from NDaiye. One would hope a MGW/NDaiye partnership would start to grow where both run at backlines and through like last year. That, is how his goal came.
NDaiye 7/10: Again, our only real threat and source of inspiration with his slippery runs and dogged tenacity even when out of possession
Jebbison 6.5/10: Lower mark because he was, effectively starved of chances. A good attempt on goal in the first half which was well saved

McBurnie 7/10: Good outing from him both in defence and trying to get in and amongst it up front
Norwood 5/10: On for the first time for ages as a sub and did a bit of spadework in midfield. Would love to see him paired with Doyle instead of Berge

HJ&SMcC 8/10: Firstly for changing shit round. Then for sticking by it, until they put the Luton team on then 4/10: for making us shit our pants in the final minutes.

Sky Sports 1/10: Cunts. Goodman should never commentate on a team he so profoundly despises again. He spoke utter shit and with such a forked tongue. Also, protracted stills on people is dogshit sports coverage. I don't give a fat cow's cunt who the Sunderland chairman is bumming this week nor do I give a shit what is happening anywhere except on the pitch. Sky needs to alter it's editorial guidelines that if the ball is live, the director switches to the game play. Their colouring is better than SUTV though which always looks like there's summat wrong with your brightness and contrast.

pommpey
First I agree entirely with your comments about Sky, who spend so much time looking at managers, people in the crowd and players wandering about, rather than the match that we want to watch.
Second I don’t think Berge was that bad and certainly not half as effective as Doyle. Yes he is not a £20m player, but some of his work on the ball is good ( and he did win a contested header last night !)
Third I may be a lone voice, but I don’t rate Doyle as highly as many on here do. He played well last night, but apart from the free kick that went in the rest of his dead ball efforts were poor.

It's a tight call, but if we had only paid 3m for berge there is no way he would start as much as he has, I think hecky.is blinded by his price tag, as a lot of us also seem to be
You can level the same against Brewster.

Not sure if it is worse that Berge has started when you might say he should have been dropped or that Brewster has been injured so often he hasn't even been available to start.

Either way, for a striker without checking, I'd imagine his scoring rate with us isn't that different to Robinson who plays centre back and is probably worse then Ahmedhodžić!

Thought Berge was OK to be honest. On their goal, 3 defenders went with one runner, leaving the scorer in about 10 yards of space.
Also, Doyle needs to lose a mark for his shit free kick in the first half.

Last edited:
It's a tight call, but if we had only paid 3m for berge there is no way he would start as much as he has, I think hecky.is blinded by his price tag, as a lot of us also seem to be

For me it's not that, it's two and a half years of an almost cultist fan club which has been loudly proclaiming what a great top, top player he is who'll be striding out for one of Europe's great sides, when I have seen from the evidence of my own lying eyes that he is, at best, a lower level top flight player. He can't help that, it's what his skill set actually is.

Generally speaking I'd have him in this side but he extremely frustrating every game. On the plus side he is usually very tidy, if unadventurous, with the ball, is capable of bursting forward and creating an opening, but on the negative he is slow AF and rarely seems to win a defensive tackle or catch up with a player he's tracking. His heading is best forgotten. There was an incident in the 2nd half at a corner when he was first easily outjumped by one of Sunderland's midgets then five seconds later clumsily bundled into someone and I was certain the chaotic ref would give them a penalty for it.

And of course, he goes missing.

Nevertheless someone on the Sunderland forum according to The View From thought he was immense. I'm mystified. I think it's some sort of man-crush.

I don't criticise him, or any other player, for their general failings, just those who can't see what's right in front of them.

Anyway, it was massively better last night. We can concern ourselves with how we're going to find practically a whole new team next season after we've gone up.

Lowe has really regressed. I thought he was poor when we signed him and this season has had one or two reasonably decent matches. But last night showed him to be nowhere near even Stevens's level of ability and Sunderland concentrated on that wing throughout the match because the chemistry between Lowe, Berge and Robinson is shambolic at times. When we are defending down that flank, Robinson is an enforcer, Lowe has the man on the ball so should be no more than three metres from him out of possession and tight on him in possession. Last night early doors we were caught out by that and massively flat footed for their goal (although Berge could have done a lot better too)

pommpey
It really is a quandary who to retain as back up for Norrington-Davies. 2 are out of contract and would be easier to let go. However, Osborn probably deserves the shirt at the moment but worryingly has picked up yet another injury.

Lowe is the one in contract, could be on for his second consecutive promotion from the Championship but has some glaring omissions to his game such as positioning and reading of situations though he does have some athleticism.

Stevens is definitely on a downward track but could be valuable in the run in but seems more of a confidence player. The team plays well then he doesn't let you down. The team struggles and he's not the guy to pull you up by the bootstraps and play better then the rest, at least not these days. I feel Norrington-Davies does.

It would be great to have Rhys back though he was doing just as well as LCB. Robinson ks probably a stronger starter than either Lowe or the others. When is RND back?

Can’t remember him doing anything in defence bar grappling to the floor in the penalty box where the ball seemed to hit his arm/shoulder as he was on the floor. He did nothing going forward and didn’t really put any effort into closing their defenders down. Touched the ball 3 times in open play and two of the touches went to their player. If was tough for a forward to come on as sub as we were trying to close out the game but he didn’t do anything at all tbh, no mistakes just a bit meh.

Where as Jebbo had a really good game, easily would get better marks than McB short appearance.
Got to agree if McBurnie had been more mobile and run the channels like Jebbo did Sunderland wouldn't have been able to come onto us in the end of the game. Jebbo's pace and power stretches teams and gives the midfield more room to play in. I gave Jebbo a 7 McBurnie a 6. I'd also give Berge a 6 he didn't deserve the continued criticism last night.

It really is a quandary who to retain as back up for Norrington-Davies. 2 are out of contract and would be easier to let go. However, Osborn probably deserves the shirt at the moment but worryingly has picked up yet another injury.

I much prefer Osborn as LWB than LM. He has far more effect.

pommpey

Sunderland goal very much against the run of play. Deserved,no.

pommpey
Surprised you missed the main positive from Berge last night. He managed to disappear from the ref’s sight when trying to flick Doyle’s free kick in. Good to disappear at times…

I

I think that might be the fundamental problem with Berge. When he’s on the ball, he’s really quite talented. He’s just not very good without the ball.

That’s the difference between a £20m midfielder and a £50m midfielder.

If Berge was as good defensively/off the ball as he is on the ball, he would’ve been snapped up by a bigger team than us for a hell of a lot more than £20m.

Is it just me that can’t believe that our defence has conceded as few goals as we have? We always seem weak and disorganised. Back off players running at us way too much and have been lucky on numerous occasions when we push or pull attackers without there has been given a free kick/penalty. Despite our height, we are not particularly strong in the air. We must be doing something right though!

On their goal Egan goes walkabout after their player so JLT has to move more central Lowe instead of moving across stays out wide leaving a huge gap. Egan's walk about plays the scorer onside we have to hold a defensive line better than that we had enough defenders to deal with that attack without the need for Berge to track back into the penalty area. Most of the blame has to go on Lowe staying out wide.

I'm amazed by the number of people blaming Berge for the goal. He's part of the problem but it's not all down to him.

Firstly, there's no pressure on the Sunderland midfielder when he picks up the ball. Doyle comes haring out to him but that leaves Ba free for a simple pass. Ndiaye is bottom of screen, Berge to the right. McAtee has disappeared entirely. Egan looks to have dropped with Robinson in the centre half position when stepping out would keep the line and leave Geldhardt (?) offside.
1678959507373.png

Ba brings the ball forward under little pressure. Ahmedhodzic steps out to engage but doesn't commit. Robinson has continued his run into nomansland, Berge is oblivious to the danger and Egan is too deep. Lowe is caught watching the wide man instead of tucking in to cut off the through ball.
1678959661949.png

By the time the ball reaches Michut we're in real trouble. There are SEVEN United defenders in shot and they're all facing the wrong way. Robinson belatedly realises that's his man and tries in vain to get back. Foderingham's staring position is (IMHO) a step or two too far to his right but that might be subconscious given the he's left footed and presumably left handed and so stronger diving left.
1678959784508.png

Take nothing away from the finish, which was excellent, but it's yet another example of a loss of concentration and a lack of communication in the back line. Egan, as captain and centre half, should be controlling that situation and making sure that Robinson stays in position. Berge needs to take more responsibility defensively but we shouldn't be expecting him to pick up an opposition player in our back line when we're more than covered.

On their goal Egan goes walkabout after their player so JLT has to move more central Lowe instead of moving across stays out wide leaving a huge gap. Egan's walk about plays the scorer onside we have to hold a defensive line better than that we had enough defenders to deal with that attack without the need for Berge to track back into the penalty area. Most of the blame has to go on Lowe staying out wide.
Agree with most of that except the apportionment of the blame. Most has to go to Robinson for leaving his LCB position which is where the goal comes from. Lowe is watching Roberts on the wing.

pommpey
Agree entirely. For me Lowe should be no where near the starting eleven. It's like playing with ten men. He's not even nuisance level.

I much prefer Osborn as LWB than LM. He has far more effect.

pommpey
If we went up the ruthless thing to do would be to offload all three and bring in someone like Kolasinac on a free to compete with or play alongside Rhys for the left sided roles.

I’m not convinced Stevens, Osborn or Lowe would not represent a drop in levels, especially if we were fortunate to go up. Lowe is the best athlete. Stevens the most experienced and I’d say Osborn has the best temperament. Shame you can’t combine them!

I genuinely think Lowe secretly hates us as much as that cunt commentator Goodman, he played much better for florist & didn’t have that sly, shifty, wage stealing look about him there
- gerrim gone assp!!

Glad Hecky is finally listening to fans who know it’s a no brainer to start the Man City boys. Big improvement tonight.
Crikey I hope Hecky isn't listening to the fans for the sake of his mental health😛😛

For me it's not that, it's two and a half years of an almost cultist fan club which has been loudly proclaiming what a great top, top player he is who'll be striding out for one of Europe's great sides, when I have seen from the evidence of my own lying eyes that he is, at best, a lower level top flight player. He can't help that, it's what his skill set actually is.

Generally speaking I'd have him in this side but he extremely frustrating every game. On the plus side he is usually very tidy, if unadventurous, with the ball, is capable of bursting forward and creating an opening, but on the negative he is slow AF and rarely seems to win a defensive tackle or catch up with a player he's tracking. His heading is best forgotten. There was an incident in the 2nd half at a corner when he was first easily outjumped by one of Sunderland's midgets then five seconds later clumsily bundled into someone and I was certain the chaotic ref would give them a penalty for it.

And of course, he goes missing.

Nevertheless someone on the Sunderland forum according to The View From thought he was immense. I'm mystified. I think it's some sort of man-crush.

I don't criticise him, or any other player, for their general failings, just those who can't see what's right in front of them.

Anyway, it was massively better last night. We can concern ourselves with how we're going to find practically a whole new team next season after we've gone up.
It makes you wonder what the other players think, do they see the same half arsed performances as we do, then sit there wondering how the fuck he starts every game,I'd be proper pissed off, week in and week out he just seems to be one of the first picks on the the sheet

Lowe copping it left right and centre, thought he had a decent 2nd half. He was also marking their best player by a mile Roberts with no help from JLT or Berge.
Why no mention of them hitting the post Pompey.😉
Agree 100% about Sky showing everything bar the match, really poor.

Back
Top Bottom