My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I regularly read and enjoy your reports. I often don’t agree with your marks, but that is entirely up to you, it’s all about perspective and opinions. I must however disagree with your 3/10 for Fleck. He was nowhere near good enough for such a high mark. I’d give him a generous 2/10 for getting his shirt on the right way round, and his boots on the right feet, but that’s all. He was fucking terrible. Every third tough, if he was lucky enough to get a third touch, was giving the ball away. He’s become the John Fleck that Coventry were content to get rid of.

Sadly these scores are completely correct.

Hourihane and Fleck in midfield my god it was woeful- every team need powerhouses in the midfield -this pair are more like Syd Little and Ernie Wise - it's I'm afraid a shambles to watch.

I dont think we will go down but it's going to be close. Leauge 1 Wes was our best player- for a relegated Prem team- the lack of quality is disheartening.

Well Holy God
While agreeing with your analysis of the game I find myself disagreeing with some of your scoring
I have to say Fodders display took me totally by surprise so I’ve no qualms over that
I’d be inclined to give Davies a higher mark as well as I don’t think he was as shit as you thought
But Stevens-Fleck-Hourihane who’s finger pointing , shit crossing could give Norwood a run for its money are bang on the money
Boogle who I thought would be much better than he is , maybe we sent the wrong player to the scabs was inept at times with his thinking and passing
Illy and MGW should stop trying to beat every player and just get their heads up and look for another 1 of our players
Diddzy, Diddzy, Diddzy, for the love of god don’t revert back to that first season prem player , back then our team was able to carry those misses , right now we can’t
But saying all of that unfortunately due to most of the players not only being on long contracts and big money I’d play the team that finished for the next game
Because until Jan we’re stuck with these players till then
UTB

Hourihane and Fleck in midfield my god it was woeful- every team need powerhouses in the midfield -this pair are more like Syd Little and Ernie Wise - it's I'm afraid a shambles to watch.

I dont think we will go down but it's going to be close. Leauge 1 Wes was our best player- for a relegated Prem team- the lack of quality is disheartening.

We’re crying out for a midfield General. At the moment we’ve got a choice between Capt Mainwaring, Sgt Wilson and Cpl Jones.

Depressing but then it’s only football. Cheers for taking the time to review another dog turd performance pomps I hope you have some good gigs to look forward to?

Never looked like winning, even in the last twenty when Coventry effectively opened the front and back door. What is it with this set of players? Looks like Slav had given in to their pressure to go back to 5-3-2 after the last series of disasters yet it didn't matter much did it? All we did was 'not lose', and even then, you felt that end result was coming at some time. Coventry changed their dominant line up to snatch the win (because that's what teams do at Bramall Lane, isn't it?) and yeah, it gave us some impetus but the chances to capitalise on that were just squandered, weren't they? It was a pitiful performance against a seemingly resurgent side who really did have some weaknesses any decent team would have opened up.

The back three looked slightly better with Egan in a comfortable position again but even then he looked exposed and weak when chased down. The wingbacks were decidedly sub par but the midfield was the crowning turd in the water closet. We didn't seem to know where the goal was until Didsy appeared ... only for him to piss away two of the best chances we had. I hope he hasn't gone back to his 'first season in the Prem' shitness.

Across the park now though, to me it looks like one of those electronic devices that when you drop them, they reset to a former version of the software and all the work done since is mysteriously wiped. Sheff United are playing pre-Wilder shitbox football now ... possibly early Clough levels of dismal output where a draw against Rochdale away is deemed a result. Credit to some of their players for turning it on today but really, we should be winning games like this. How many time have we said that though this season?

First half a was a dismal, disorganised mess, second half marginally better but waiting until past seventy minutes to have one shot on target and eighty for our first corner is something the clappers need to thumb down into their pipes and set light to.

Last thing ... where the flying fuck is Sander Berge please? 'After the international break' has happened. Also, what is happening with Jack O'Connell, please? Also, is anyone doing anything about that yawning, useless twat stealing cash out of the club who used to play up front for us in a few half-games? The day Mousset completes a game which has a kick off and final whistle is the day all fans should clap the idle bastard off. Why was he not on the bench today? Or is that a silly question?

Foderingham 7/10: Thought he had a decent game, much more assured than Olsen and got down well for their efforts of which there were some testing stops, the Godden one at the near post being one
Bogle 5/10: At times looking capable, but at other times in a losing tussle with their left winger
Basham 7.5/10: Man of the Match by a long stretch. Composed on the ball, unpanicked and visionary with regard the opposition, where they are, what they are doing and what their intent is. And again, ten metres of space ahead of him ... and he is carrying the ball into it. Best player in the squad at the moment and he's cracking on and been at the club eight years now. Sez it all.
Egan 6/10: Better game from him and more happier in a back three but as soon as Robins brought Godden on I though it was for one reason only and that was to run past Egan. Fortunately this didn't happen, but it was likely.
Davies 3/10: Really poor. Wasted balls, shit-stoppingly bad on the ball and so fucking slow it's unbelievable. Klopp must be loving it we are playing his so much because you know we will sign him.
Stevens 3.5/10: A usual faltering, exhausted outing for Enda. He is so vulnerable now.
MGW 5/10: At times this kid seems like the only player in red and white, and that is a good thing and a bad thing. In honestly, he's not as good as he thinks he is which is why he needs to stop the showboating, bitching at other players and trying to take the fucking world on and just pass and move. We've seen he can score and how capable he is, but his single mindedness at times is wasteful and naïve.
Hourihane 2/10: Basically a hole in the pitch. I am sure he used to be a bit of a star player at other clubs ... why does he have the capability to make a one trick showpony like Norwood look so good?
Fleck 3/10: Another unremarkable, one dimensional display of desperation, dispossession and dismal footballing
Ndaiye 4/10: Not a great game - first half - for him. I don't really think he's a striker, is he?
Sharp 4/10: PAY ATTENTION! This mark is because he achieved nothing, despite running his shirt wringing wet. With crossing and feeding like he gets, it is not surprising. Sharp feeds of half chances and opportunism. If you aren't a percentage side, and have cocks like Hourihane sending free kicks into Moore's hands, Sharp aint gonna get fuck all.

McGoldrick 4/10: The side looked a good side better and more composed when he came on and we looked a better prospect, but fucking hell ... putting two chances into the kop is just unforgivable. Loses two whole points, one for each chance
Osborn N/A: A few touches but not much to mark him by

Reading away next with Brizzle City soon after, two sides in our neighbourhood. G'waaan, say it. We should be beating sides like these ...

I honestly can't see where our next win ... or goal is coming from. The further we get into this season, the more the need to torch the club to the ground and build up from the wreckage. These players ... bar a selected few ... simply are not good enough even for this fucking division.

pommpey
Generally agree, but not re Hourihane. Yes he made some dreadful passes, but the few moments of quality that we had in general came from him.
Agreed not a good performance, but better than you marked him.

I will be glad when the transfer window opens in January. Mouse Burke, McGoldrick.Fleck.Stevens.Baldock.Macburnie.Norwood, for a start, would be shown the exit door.
Give Wilder a call he can have them at boro. on the other hand, the prince does not back the manager. we are the shit big time. we will be lucky to stay up.

Thought McGoldrick changed the match.
He offers composure and nous on the ball, always seems to find pockets of space between midfield and attack.

Shame he struggles to put away fairly easy chances.
Also it’s noticeable how he struggles to generate much power in any of his shots.

The positive today was….at last our defence looked pretty solid.
Cov did plenty of attacking 1st half but never looked like scoring.

Never looked like winning, even in the last twenty when Coventry effectively opened the front and back door. What is it with this set of players? Looks like Slav had given in to their pressure to go back to 5-3-2 after the last series of disasters yet it didn't matter much did it? All we did was 'not lose', and even then, you felt that end result was coming at some time. Coventry changed their dominant line up to snatch the win (because that's what teams do at Bramall Lane, isn't it?) and yeah, it gave us some impetus but the chances to capitalise on that were just squandered, weren't they? It was a pitiful performance against a seemingly resurgent side who really did have some weaknesses any decent team would have opened up.

The back three looked slightly better with Egan in a comfortable position again but even then he looked exposed and weak when chased down. The wingbacks were decidedly sub par but the midfield was the crowning turd in the water closet. We didn't seem to know where the goal was until Didsy appeared ... only for him to piss away two of the best chances we had. I hope he hasn't gone back to his 'first season in the Prem' shitness.

Across the park now though, to me it looks like one of those electronic devices that when you drop them, they reset to a former version of the software and all the work done since is mysteriously wiped. Sheff United are playing pre-Wilder shitbox football now ... possibly early Clough levels of dismal output where a draw against Rochdale away is deemed a result. Credit to some of their players for turning it on today but really, we should be winning games like this. How many time have we said that though this season?

First half a was a dismal, disorganised mess, second half marginally better but waiting until past seventy minutes to have one shot on target and eighty for our first corner is something the clappers need to thumb down into their pipes and set light to.

Last thing ... where the flying fuck is Sander Berge please? 'After the international break' has happened. Also, what is happening with Jack O'Connell, please? Also, is anyone doing anything about that yawning, useless twat stealing cash out of the club who used to play up front for us in a few half-games? The day Mousset completes a game which has a kick off and final whistle is the day all fans should clap the idle bastard off. Why was he not on the bench today? Or is that a silly question?

Foderingham 7/10: Thought he had a decent game, much more assured than Olsen and got down well for their efforts of which there were some testing stops, the Godden one at the near post being one
Bogle 5/10: At times looking capable, but at other times in a losing tussle with their left winger
Basham 7.5/10: Man of the Match by a long stretch. Composed on the ball, unpanicked and visionary with regard the opposition, where they are, what they are doing and what their intent is. And again, ten metres of space ahead of him ... and he is carrying the ball into it. Best player in the squad at the moment and he's cracking on and been at the club eight years now. Sez it all.
Egan 6/10: Better game from him and more happier in a back three but as soon as Robins brought Godden on I though it was for one reason only and that was to run past Egan. Fortunately this didn't happen, but it was likely.
Davies 3/10: Really poor. Wasted balls, shit-stoppingly bad on the ball and so fucking slow it's unbelievable. Klopp must be loving it we are playing his so much because you know we will sign him.
Stevens 3.5/10: A usual faltering, exhausted outing for Enda. He is so vulnerable now.
MGW 5/10: At times this kid seems like the only player in red and white, and that is a good thing and a bad thing. In honestly, he's not as good as he thinks he is which is why he needs to stop the showboating, bitching at other players and trying to take the fucking world on and just pass and move. We've seen he can score and how capable he is, but his single mindedness at times is wasteful and naïve.
Hourihane 2/10: Basically a hole in the pitch. I am sure he used to be a bit of a star player at other clubs ... why does he have the capability to make a one trick showpony like Norwood look so good?
Fleck 3/10: Another unremarkable, one dimensional display of desperation, dispossession and dismal footballing
Ndaiye 4/10: Not a great game - first half - for him. I don't really think he's a striker, is he?
Sharp 4/10: PAY ATTENTION! This mark is because he achieved nothing, despite running his shirt wringing wet. With crossing and feeding like he gets, it is not surprising. Sharp feeds of half chances and opportunism. If you aren't a percentage side, and have cocks like Hourihane sending free kicks into Moore's hands, Sharp aint gonna get fuck all.

McGoldrick 4/10: The side looked a good side better and more composed when he came on and we looked a better prospect, but fucking hell ... putting two chances into the kop is just unforgivable. Loses two whole points, one for each chance

Reading away next with Brizzle City soon after, two sides in our neighbourhood. G'waaan, say it. We should be beating sides like these ...

I honestly can't see where our next win ... or goal is coming from. The further we get into this season, the more the need to torch the club to the ground and build up from the wreckage. These players ... bar a selected few ... simply are not good enough even for this fucking division.

pommpey
I said to my dad today, I don’t think that we’ll score again.

Thought McGoldrick changed the match.
He offers composure and nous on the ball, always seems to find pockets of space between midfield and attack.

Shame he struggles to put away fairly easy chances.
Also it’s noticeable how he struggles to generate much power in any of his shots.

The positive today was….at last our defence looked pretty solid.
Cov did plenty of attacking 1st half but never looked like scoring.
Things improved after he came on, definitely

The usual accurate, unpolished turd of truth from Pommps, just as I saw it. FFS, it is the same record, but getting even more scratched as the season progresses.
Coventry, 4th/5th? Absolute shite and we can't beat them on our own turf? This is one of the worst Championships I've seen in ages, and we can't get in the top half. Today's display was turgid. Coventry were knackered after 60 minutes, they gave too much in the first half. But we still couldn't score, never mind put them to the sword as we should have. Even their manager stated that they blew up.
Basham, the only remnant with passion and positive play. I actually feel sorry for him and wouldn't blame him if he to decides to leave. MGW, everything said earlier, has great talent, needs to concentrate and apply the skill. Stop behaving like an EPL primadonna. Fodders best game so far, but distribution was shite again. Unfortunately for him, Simon Moore was the best and most professional player on the pitch. He had more applause at the end from the kop than anyone in a red and white shirt. Can't be arsed to discuss the rest. They can't be arsed to put in any effort, why should I?
When and how we will score, or even win a game, God knows. Thankfully this league is so shite we will probably stay up. I think I need to change my forum name. I really can't see a future at the moment. Slav, get a grip, and soon. The fans don't manage and train the team, you do.

My take is that we were terrible in the first half and that Didzy allowed us to keep the ball and build better play 2nd half

A clean sheet is a good start for these guys so I'll take that.

The attached highlights show that we made enough chances to win that easily in the end and weren't really in danger defensively.

Coventry showed us that this league is pretty average.

My only concern is that nearly 20 games in, the manager still doesn't really seem to know the best way to set these players up, when in my eyes it's obviously the formation he played yesterday, until he can sign Declan Rice in January

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...d+united+coventry+city+highlights&FORM=HDRSC4

What the hell have Syd and Ernie done to be compared to those two

My take is that we were terrible in the first half and that Didzy allowed us to keep the ball and build better play 2nd half

The attached highlights show that we made enough chances to win that easily in the end and weren't really in danger defensively.

My only concern is that nearly 20 games in, the manager still doesn't really seem to know the best way to set these players up, when in my eyes it's obviously the formation he played yesterday, until he can sign Declan Rice in January

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sheffield+united+coventry+city+highlights&&view=detail&mid=AF6E6D665A5D32BB4EA5AF6E6D665A5D32BB4EA5&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=/videos/search?q=sheffield+united+coventry+city+highlights&FORM=HDRSC4
We’ve more chance of getting Aneka Rice and thats if the fax machine is working properly.

if I remember right our first season back in the championship we finished 10th
I don't think we are anywhere near as good as we were then
I would go for somewhere around 14 to 16th with what we have ,there are fortunately several sides a lot worse off than us

Obvious that there was no one in the first half that could hold up the ball at the top of the pitch, Macfazdean looked untroubled, Billy doesn't have the pace for a long ball over the top, or constantly run the channels, creating space, and if he did Ndiaye, MGW, Bogle or anyone in midfield didnt look capable of exploiting that space.

Ndiaye and MGW both want to run at players not play with their backs against them, not that they can't do it, but if a flick, trick or back heel is going to work it needs quick close passing,running and support from midfield or the wing backs, even in the second half with Bash pushing up on the right, MGW and Bogle looked lost regards where or what they should be doing

Last edited:
Hope Slav will get the players he wants in the January window otherwise we will be stuck with 352 for the rest of the season
We’ll ne

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sheffield+united+coventry+city+highlights&&view=detail&mid=AF6E6D665A5D32BB4EA5AF6E6D665A5D32BB4EA5&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=/videos/search?q=sheffield+united+coventry+city+highlights&FORM=HDRSC4
whose the annoying twat in the background on the commentary , with the grunts & groans it sounded like a bloody porn film 😀

Seems more acceptable to criticise the flair players when the fancy stuff doesn't come off, but for me, have to admit Bogle was a disappointment yesterday, I know he hasn't had a run of games, but yesterday was a golden opportunity, back to a system he knows, a role he knows, with Bash pushing up, and arguably the most skilful player that's been in the team (MGW) since Bogle got here,

Bit unfair to single Bogle out, not many other players took advantage and nailed down their starting places, but two things stood out, first half tge ball was worked out wide to Bogle he had time, space, men in the box, and pace on the pass to put in a good cross, he didn't, over hit it beyond the far post.

Second half especially the last 20 minutes, Bash pushing forward at every opportunity, MGW available loads of options re overloads he ran 5 yards offside and then looked lost and bemused re should he overlap, underlay, hold the ball and wait for Bash, all in all not a good game

pommpey
I know it’s coming from a low bar. But after some of the disorganised shite I’ve seen this team serve up in recent weeks...0-0 is definitely progress.
I know it’s an old Cloughism, but if you don’t concede... you don’t lose.

People talk of the transfer window in January like it will be paved with good signings and slav will get his men.

Few problems with that

We don't have a pot to piss in
No one in their right minds will buy any of our players off us
When have we ever prepared and had a good transfer window in last 3 years

I think we will get relegated.

Back
Top Bottom