My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good stuff Pompey, as ever, sorry you can't make it Saturday but you know what, probably a blessing in disguise mate. God we're dull to watch aren't we. How long can Slav put up with this nonsense. Players are either refusing to do what he asks or simply too incompetent to do so. The difficulty is too many Wilderball disciples as you say, especially defence and midfield. If I were him I'd do a Steve Bruce in the summer and move on. It seems the level of mediocrity and apathy has even rubbed off on the Wolves lad. It's a non starter of a season isn't it.

Fleck, Norwood and Sharp 2/10 MAX. Never seen Billy play so poorly. No one above 5 either

This Blades side remind me of a little pooch who looks at you excitedly and attentively and wants to play...... you give him a little pat on the head, he licks you excitedly. He's harmless so you let him enjoy his licks and even put your hand to his mouth..... it's not a problem he's not going to bite you, he'll just gnaw a little, as playful dogs do, but with no threat of harm. You then continue to pet him and tickle his belly.

This is what streetwise and more hardened/functional teams to do us. We are not going to hurt them so they'll let us get all excited and licky, then when the time is right kick us in the bollocks. At the moment we have no identity, personality or recognised (effective) style of play. We are neither direct, creative through the lines, overload the wings and balls into the box, pacey runners scaring the fuck out of clumsy defenders................ we have nothing. People can slag Wilderball off as much as they like, but played well ....... as in the first 4 years before, I admit, we imploded big time.... and it was fantastic to watch and very effective.

You can't just jump from one system to the next without having the players in there who can play the new system - it's inevitable that the players are going to slip into 'Wilderball' - which I agree, now is outdated and ineffective - especially when played badly which we are doing. It's been sussed!

I'm very worried about the direction of the club. I pray the fuck I'm wrong, but I don't think Slav has got the real desire to swim against the tide here and turn it around. As has been said, he's stuck with some fucking expensive duds and some old timers on long contracts. He has no real buy in to the club (not knocking him - that's 90% of football managers) so will soon look to make sure his own reputation doesn't get too seriously fucked up. Then we are back into the cycle of ... big name manager come and gone - next please, but less expensive..... less expensive manager gone - next please, but there's nowt left in the budget ........ downward spiral until we find another one of our own.
That's a really sad read☹️ it basically implies were unmanageable which makes it embarrassing.

That's a really sad read☹️ it basically implies were unmanageable which makes it embarrassing.
Well let's go back to the Bassett relegation in 94...... Kendall came and went, then we had a succession of lesser managers until (love him or hate him) t'old big nose Warnock came in a turned it all around (eventually!). Then of course after the debacle of 2007 in came (kin ell I don't like to even think about it....) the great Bryan Robson. He blew the lot and it was downward spiral until one of our own Tufty came along and sorted us. Pleeeeeease (non existent) God, don't let us be another 10+ years in the wilderness ...... i might not be around myself much longer!

Could get the best strikers in the world in, we don't sort out the attrocious weak and ponderous midfield it won't make the slightest difference.
yes but weve got berge to come back in which will make us stronger but we havent got a striker out of the 6 who can make things happen for themselves shocking recruitment by wilder and mitchell

yes but weve got berge to come back in which will make us stronger but we havent got a striker out of the 6 who can make things happen for themselves shocking recruitment by wilder and mitchell
Think you're going to be disappointed if you're pinning your hopes on Berge being the answer to the midfield issue(s).

You're being very kind about the recruitment.

Think you're going to be disappointed if you're pinning your hopes on Berge being the answer to the midfield issue(s).

You're being very kind about the recruitment.
havent given up on berge he can still be a big player for us this season

We are relying on being able to build a team around 4 expensive players,none of whom have shown they are going to be anything like influential enough to warrant building a team around,plus praying a few youngsters break through and join the party,and failing this happening,it's major rebuild time,the first steps of which must or may not happen in January.
All the signs point to major rebuild,and for me,Slav is the first of quite a few managers who will attempt to make a success of it,it will in all probability be a lengthy and bumpy journey,which could go either way in the end,so I will be strapping myself In expecting severe turbulence for a couple of seasons at least.

I sometimes disagree with Pommpey's players markings but rarely comment because his reports are generally spot on and although I hate to admit it cos I'm very much a 'clapper' and an eternal 'encourager', he says it as it is and doesn't gloss over some aspects of the game that I am in denial over.

So rather than pull him up on an obvious slip of the mind or keyboard (of course he knows Boro left Ayresome Park yonks ago) why not take him on regarding his assessment of the game itself? Little snide remarks say a lot about people.

And if this puts me as one of those up Pommpey's arse then you know fuck all about me. I just tend to give credit where credit is due and, love him or hate him, he is more often than not on the money.

I sometimes disagree with Pommpey's players markings but rarely comment because his reports are generally spot on and although I hate to admit it cos I'm very much a 'clapper' and an eternal 'encourager', he says it as it is and doesn't gloss over some aspects of the game that I am in denial over.

So rather than pull him up on an obvious slip of the mind or keyboard (of course he knows Boro left Ayresome Park yonks ago) why not take him on regarding his assessment of the game itself? Little snide remarks say a lot about people.

And if this puts me as one of those up Pommpey's arse then you know fuck all about me. I just tend to give credit where credit is due and, love him or hate him, he is more often than not on the money.

I'm a bit stunned that some of the more 'senior' members on here, usually heavy with snarky comments, irony and sarcasm themselves, don't quite pick up the line of comment sometimes.

The fact that the Riverside looks absolutely fuck all like the tip that was Ayresome Park (note correct spellin') just wafts over some people's heads, never mind the fact that Boro last kicked a ball on it over a quarter of a century ago.

And some goad me about sharkbiting.

Stay tuned for more Happy Days, as they say ...

pommpey

(and no, Snake. You have never 'licked my arse' in posts. What you have been is fair and 'on subject', which is worthy)

Good stuff Pompey, as ever, sorry you can't make it Saturday but you know what, probably a blessing in disguise mate. God we're dull to watch aren't we. How long can Slav put up with this nonsense. Players are either refusing to do what he asks or simply too incompetent to do so. The difficulty is too many Wilderball disciples as you say, especially defence and midfield. If I were him I'd do a Steve Bruce in the summer and move on. It seems the level of mediocrity and apathy has even rubbed off on the Wolves lad. It's a non starter of a season isn't it.

Yeah, I am gutted that I won't be at the Goldsands Stadium this Satdi, even more so than Sitwell had two tickets going.

I'll possibly be watching on record from about half four though so shouldn't be far behind the score. Reckon Bournemouth will be all over us like shit on a blanket.

pommpey

Dear The Young People,

Whilst I must apologies for the way my generation has milked the system for all it's worth whilst energetically ensuring they wont be available to you ( free Uni education, affordable and available housing, index linked pensions, a stable democracy operating in a wider free market which served us well for 40 odd years), I hope you can find some small crumb of comfort in watching 50 and 60 year old adults arguing about who owned who and who's living rent free in who's head.

Yours
Raul

What is? The way I spelt it?

Christ. Some people are so fucking easy these days

pommpey
Leave it pommpey😊 your wasting your time with some of these, think 1or 2 must be wet behind the ears still 👍

Leave it pommpey😊 your wasting your time with some of these, think 1or 2 must be wet behind the ears still 👍

Yep. That and the underlying agenda. It's like having a pack of jackals following you, all the time.

You'd think they'd have better things to do, like discuss Sheffield United. I'm sure that were my life so fucking pointless and boring, I'd read the posts of those I disagree with or don't like and pick out factual inaccuracies and typos and post it up, like it means owt. You can almost imagine them F5-ing incessantly after a game, waiting for 'My take ... ' to appear, just so they can fulfil their fucking destiny.

For the information of all: I put Ayesome Park on purpose, firstly to see who would correct the spelling and secondly to bait the 'factoids'.

There. I said it.

Bournemouth tomorrow.

pommpey

Don't get those slamming pomps view... on his own thread. Get a fucking grip lads/lasses/cheesecakes. If you've seen it differently, make a thread explaining it. Just makes you look like complete tits.

Yep. That and the underlying agenda. It's like having a pack of jackals following you, all the time.

You'd think they'd have better things to do, like discuss Sheffield United. I'm sure that were my life so fucking pointless and boring, I'd read the posts of those I disagree with or don't like and pick out factual inaccuracies and typos and post it up, like it means owt. You can almost imagine them F5-ing incessantly after a game, waiting for 'My take ... ' to appear, just so they can fulfil their fucking destiny.

For the information of all: I put Ayesome Park on purpose, firstly to see who would correct the spelling and secondly to bait the 'factoids'.

There. I said it.

Bournemouth tomorrow.

pommpey
went to ayresome park april 71 good result but a bit of a scary afternoon on boro's end 😬

Dear The Young People,

Whilst I must apologies for the way my generation has milked the system for all it's worth whilst energetically ensuring they wont be available to you ( free Uni education, affordable and available housing, index linked pensions, a stable democracy operating in a wider free market which served us well for 40 odd years), I hope you can find some small crumb of comfort in watching 50 and 60 year old adults arguing about who owned who and who's living rent free in who's head.

Yours
Raul

Dear the Young People

Exactly what Raul said

Four days on nearly from M'boro, and this fucking thread should be two pages distant.

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom