My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Both goals came down his side.
He is nowhere to be seen on the winner, which was crossed from their left side

Yeah I've seen a fair few on twitter criticising those who questioned Bakdock. One guy said first name on the sheet and above says MOTM.

Love his effort, commitment and passion BUT his end product is non existent going forward and defensively he switches off- both goals today.

I think sadly we need to upgrade the midfield, keeper and strikers long before his position though.

It is worrying that even the so called solid go to guys like him, Egan, Bash and Didzy are playing really badly too.

Not sure one senior player has started the season in any kind if form and just carried on from last season.

Where was Baldock when Huddersfield scored twice from his side of the defence ?
The 1st goal ok, yeah you can have that one. He didn’t track back as quickly as he maybe should have. Perhaps not using him as our only line of attack might mitigate against this.

Also not too sure why we have everyone on the left hand side of the pitch, with the covering centre half having no idea who was behind him.

The 2nd I’m not accepting that was Baldock’s fault at all.

Very possibly. I'd try to get a seat in Bramall Lane that allows you better vision of the match and maybe try looking at how the team plays rather than spinning your rattle, throwing your cap in the air, waving your scarf and blowing your whistle.

pommpey

Thanks for the tips.

I've been watching United since 1970 and nobody has ever told me how to do it 'properly' before.

I'll make sure I concentrate on how shit Norwood, McBurnie and Fleck are, rather than trying to watch a pattern of play, or the team as a whole.

BTW, any idea where I should put my rattle and whistle?

Seriously? he was shite lost the runner for the 1st goal never put a decent cross in passed backwards every time.
He hasn’t put a decent cross in for 3 years, which is why I’ve not been a fan of the 5-3-2 system. Bogle looked a better attacking threat, where the fuck has he gone ? Bizarre.

As I said above, it’s alright asking him to be at the byline attacking, but with that, expect gaps if we lose the ball.

He’s the only player who looks remotely fit enough as well.

Thanks for the tips.

I've been watching United since 1970 and nobody has ever told me how to do it 'properly' before.

I'll make sure I concentrate on how shit Norwood, McBurnie and Fleck are, rather than trying to watch a pattern of play, or the team as a whole.

BTW, any idea where I should put my rattle and whistle?

Always happy to help.

If you can highlight any pattern of play between these three superstars, I feel your input (rather than cunty asides about you being at BDTBL and me being in a pub in Weymouth and how your vision is far superior to mine) might be noteworthy. Or maybe not.

And I've been watching United since 1967. Even back then, no-one was as Bladey-Bladey as say, you are.

pommpey

ps: Rattle and whistle? You'll need lube.

Always happy to help.

If you can highlight any pattern of play between these three superstars, I feel your input (rather than cunty asides about you being at BDTBL and me being in a pub in Weymouth and how your vision is far superior to mine) might be noteworthy. Or maybe not.

And I've been watching United since 1967. Even back then, no-one was as Bladey-Bladey as say, you are.

pommpey

Surely you can admit that someone who is in the ground and can see the whole pitch has a far better take on the match than someone who is watching on a phone and is at the behest of where the camera is pointing
It’s nothing to do with who is the bigger blade just who can see more of the game

Surely you can admit that someone who is in the ground and can see the whole pitch has a far better take on the match than someone who is watching on a phone and is at the behest of where the camera is pointing
It’s nothing to do with who is the bigger blade just who can see more of the game

Not really. My prime view is 90 degrees to the direction of play in either direction. I can see the full width of the pitch and have a better perspective of edge-to-edge play as our team advances or withdraws in attack or defence.. Unless you are sat in the TC Stand or JSS high up, you can't rival that view, especially if the play is up the other end of the pitch, as it was for both Huddersfield goals. If you are sat behind either goal it is very difficult to get any perspective of how an attack develops into a chance at the other end of the stadium.

And then there's the replays.

pommpey

Then we shall agree to disagree, Like you i am a long distance blade, 400 mile round trip so don’t go to midweek however I always feel I see more at the ground than on TV mainly the wingbacks and off the ball stuff

Then we shall agree to disagree, Like you i am a long distance blade, 400 mile round trip so don’t go to midweek however I always feel I see more at the ground than on TV mainly the wingbacks and off the ball stuff

I tip my hat (genuinely) at your supportership bladesadviser.

Also the fact that you don't resort to cunty comments, either.

pommpey

Am out in the caravan at the moment in Dorset, so a bit away from the base to view todays showing.

Thanks to everyone regarding steerage toward the NordVPN (fucking no idea, me) and the SUFCOK.co.uk. I ordered the match, got to Weymouth, settled in the White Hart tried to access the game from my phone, no fucking dice. So managed to faff endlessly trying to get access to my {REDACTED} live stream and managed at the end, eapods in, sipping my Coke, in the boozer. On 47% battery.

To be honest after we'd survived the first few minutes of scares, I thought we looked a heck of a lot better for 35 minutes of that first half. Some great work and great endeavor, even if it did look again very Wilderball. One would imagine that sometime soon, the endless forays into the corner, playing triangles until it was the ideal time to cross then failing to do so and booting it across the park to go down into the other corner ... the opposition might just suss it out and eventually put a cap on it. One would imagine, anyway ...

We huffed though, didn't we? McBurnie tried a worldie, Davies put one into the BLLT, Basham did his usual silkiness and RND looked purposeful ... and Fleck just did what Fleck did. Okay, he actally beat two men in one run ... first time for twenty years or so. And sometimes Hudderfield allowed Norwood's pings to get to their targets, not that the resulting crosses did owt.

Second half, and with 'We are the Blades!' still echoing round the stadium, we pressed forward, but with fuck all to how from it. There's me in the pub, pods in, going 'Oh, for fucks sake!' out loud and parents with young kids looking gone out at me. Then suddenly we went super flaccid and Huddersfield had absorbed every attempt on goal we could muster. Mind you, it's not as though their keeper was troubled much and was pulling off any meaningful saves, is it?

And I thought ... "you know. It's just like us to go one down now having had all this possession and pressing!" Stranger things happen, and they fucking did. I sat there in the pub with a face like slapped shit, glowering at the adjacent kids. Little cunts.

And still, without some useless, pointless substitutions, we failed to score.

Them my phone ran out of battery at 88 minutes, so I missed the drama at the end.

So, up to 88 minutes:

Foderingham 5/10: Not too bad as far as I saw. Pretty unsighted for their first. Put it this way ... he's not Verrips
Baldock 6/10: He's always involved, but the missing four is his end product
Basham 5/10: He still has the ability, but in a failing setup, he looks like the only player willing to take it past peple
Egan 4/10: Not a very impressive showing
Davies 6/10: Okay, he's possibly getting over marked but fuck me, anything is better than the golden robot
RND 6/10: Liked this bloke today. Looks like he wants to be in it. All the hype about him was correct. Fuck knows why he was subbed
Berge 5.5/10: First half, looked a reyt threat. Second half couldn't do much right
Norwood 4/10: A better showing from Pointy. But still pretty fucking wank
Fleck 2/10: Weak link in midfield and so fucking wanting in all departments. Gets a 2 for his brief foray past two players. Well done Jimmy
Brewster 4/10: Poor kid
McBurnie 5/10: Gets four of that for the bicycle kick alone. The rest of the time, flailing, landng on his back with his arms outstretched, shithousing and not really doing owt noteworthy. Did we really pay £20m for this bloke?

Sharp 4/10: Apparently he scored, so well done
McGoldrick 3/10: Fading fast
Osborn unmarked. Didn't see him do much

We should have come out second half and gone through the fucking gears and killed Huddersfield Town off, like WBA did midweek. Instead, this game tells us all we need to know about our failings and where work needs doing. We won't do it though. We'll fuck about and sign no one and be stucj with Norwood and Fleck as our only midfield options in Wilderballarama until SJ gets sacked in January, with people questioning where the fuck the Ramsdale munneh went

pommpey

What I don't get reading through all that is, why were you in a pub watching the blades drinking, er coke😳

Am out in the caravan at the moment in Dorset, so a bit away from the base to view todays showing.

Thanks to everyone regarding steerage toward the NordVPN (fucking no idea, me) and the SUFCOK.co.uk. I ordered the match, got to Weymouth, settled in the White Hart tried to access the game from my phone, no fucking dice. So managed to faff endlessly trying to get access to my {REDACTED} live stream and managed at the end, eapods in, sipping my Coke, in the boozer. On 47% battery.

To be honest after we'd survived the first few minutes of scares, I thought we looked a heck of a lot better for 35 minutes of that first half. Some great work and great endeavor, even if it did look again very Wilderball. One would imagine that sometime soon, the endless forays into the corner, playing triangles until it was the ideal time to cross then failing to do so and booting it across the park to go down into the other corner ... the opposition might just suss it out and eventually put a cap on it. One would imagine, anyway ...

We huffed though, didn't we? McBurnie tried a worldie, Davies put one into the BLLT, Basham did his usual silkiness and RND looked purposeful ... and Fleck just did what Fleck did. Okay, he actally beat two men in one run ... first time for twenty years or so. And sometimes Hudderfield allowed Norwood's pings to get to their targets, not that the resulting crosses did owt.

Second half, and with 'We are the Blades!' still echoing round the stadium, we pressed forward, but with fuck all to how from it. There's me in the pub, pods in, going 'Oh, for fucks sake!' out loud and parents with young kids looking gone out at me. Then suddenly we went super flaccid and Huddersfield had absorbed every attempt on goal we could muster. Mind you, it's not as though their keeper was troubled much and was pulling off any meaningful saves, is it?

And I thought ... "you know. It's just like us to go one down now having had all this possession and pressing!" Stranger things happen, and they fucking did. I sat there in the pub with a face like slapped shit, glowering at the adjacent kids. Little cunts.

And still, without some useless, pointless substitutions, we failed to score.

Them my phone ran out of battery at 88 minutes, so I missed the drama at the end.

So, up to 88 minutes:

Foderingham 5/10: Not too bad as far as I saw. Pretty unsighted for their first. Put it this way ... he's not Verrips
Baldock 6/10: He's always involved, but the missing four is his end product
Basham 5/10: He still has the ability, but in a failing setup, he looks like the only player willing to take it past peple
Egan 4/10: Not a very impressive showing
Davies 6/10: Okay, he's possibly getting over marked but fuck me, anything is better than the golden robot
RND 6/10: Liked this bloke today. Looks like he wants to be in it. All the hype about him was correct. Fuck knows why he was subbed
Berge 5.5/10: First half, looked a reyt threat. Second half couldn't do much right
Norwood 4/10: A better showing from Pointy. But still pretty fucking wank
Fleck 2/10: Weak link in midfield and so fucking wanting in all departments. Gets a 2 for his brief foray past two players. Well done Jimmy
Brewster 4/10: Poor kid
McBurnie 5/10: Gets four of that for the bicycle kick alone. The rest of the time, flailing, landng on his back with his arms outstretched, shithousing and not really doing owt noteworthy. Did we really pay £20m for this bloke?

Sharp 4/10: Apparently he scored, so well done
McGoldrick 3/10: Fading fast
Osborn unmarked. Didn't see him do much

We should have come out second half and gone through the fucking gears and killed Huddersfield Town off, like WBA did midweek. Instead, this game tells us all we need to know about our failings and where work needs doing. We won't do it though. We'll fuck about and sign no one and be stucj with Norwood and Fleck as our only midfield options in Wilderballarama until SJ gets sacked in January, with people questioning where the fuck the Ramsdale munneh went

pommpey
My head can't compute as having seen that video of pommpey he looks nothing like the image of him I had in my head 😂

Didn't go to the game but the player ratings in the Sunday Mirror today were even worse than those given by pommpey.

The possession stats count for nothing unless there is end product , loads of crosses into box but without any real quality & against a well drilled & determined back line . We desperately lack a player who can beat a man to make space or pick that pass to unlock a side that sits deep . Need to bring in a keeper , two midfielders minimum & maybe the existing frontmen will get the quality service they need ? Not gonna be able to square pass ourselves to right end of this division

That is you 'playing the man', something you profess to hate when people do it to you.

I've never said I'm the biggest Blade and many on here attend more games than me.

I set you up for the tap in, so good to see you are more dependable than Brewster.

Also the fact that you don't resort to cunty comments, either.

By 'cunty', do you just mean ones that you don't agree with?

Why does Baldock get a free pass time and time again??

I mean it's not as if every time the ball reaches him our attacks break down, or the fact he was fast asleep for their first goal. So yeah absolutely deserves MOM every flipping week FFS

Yeah I've seen a fair few on twitter criticising those who questioned Bakdock. One guy said first name on the sheet and above says MOTM.

Love his effort, commitment and passion BUT his end product is non existent going forward and defensively he switches off- both goals today.

I think sadly we need to upgrade the midfield, keeper and strikers long before his position though.

It is worrying that even the so called solid go to guys like him, Egan, Bash and Didzy are playing really badly too.

Not sure one senior player has started the season in any kind if form and just carried on from last season.
I'm a bit torn about Baldock's performance. I sit in the South Stand right next to where Baldock constantly pops up in the second half. He was getting really frustrated that no one was overlapping or showing for passes inside, which I understand. When Berge tired in the second half, Baldock had no one to give the ball to.

However, he surely needs to get the crosses in earlier as our tactics have changed. In order for this to happen, we need our strikers to get in the box earlier, and focus less on the build up play. McBurnie likes to drop too deep, but someone needs to tell him to stay in the box and leave that to the midfield, in my opinion.

Both goals came down his side.
He is nowhere to be seen on the winner, which was crossed from their left side
It was a corner, people move positions when we have a corner. That's why Egan had a nosebleed chasing their player out of the box before it was sent towards Davies.

That is you 'playing the man', something you profess to hate when people do it to you.

Says the bloke who revels in 'playing the man'. You have form for it.

I've never said I'm the biggest Blade and many on here attend more games than me.

So, you'll possibly understand how 'being at the ground', whilst atmospheric and quite an experience, these days gives you no more visual advantage than those sat at home. And anyone trying to utilise it as an argumentative device for advantage, is simply Billy Bigger Bloody Bladey-Bladeying. As you do.

I set you up for the tap in, so good to see you are more dependable than Brewster.

I'll never miss an advantage. Careful when you break wind when you're sat on the kop next analysing the game. You may fool the players into thinking they have a free kick.

By 'cunty', do you just mean ones that you don't agree with?

No. I mean people who have nothing better to do on a football forum than be cunty rather than speak about football. I'm sure you know what I mean.

pommpey

I'm a bit torn about Baldock's performance. I sit in the South Stand right next to where Baldock constantly pops up in the second half. He was getting really frustrated that no one was overlapping or showing for passes inside, which I understand. When Berge tired in the second half, Baldock had no one to give the ball to.

However, he surely needs to get the crosses in earlier as our tactics have changed. In order for this to happen, we need our strikers to get in the box earlier, and focus less on the build up play. McBurnie likes to drop too deep, but someone needs to tell him to stay in the box and leave that to the midfield, in my opinion.

Completely agree, which is why Norwood's pings, however they draw the applause, only result in Baldock receiving and finding himself the furthest forward United player. As the opposition press (usually with one in front of the other) Baldock has two options: a. Take on one ... then two left sided midfield/defenders. He aint gonna do that. Baldock isn't a good dribbler. He's direct, plays into positions and uses his aggression to create some threat. b. Play it backwards.

Have a guess ...

pommpey

Leicester at West Ham reminded me of United last night. They had ALL the possession by passing it about at the back and not finding that killer final pass, then they found themselves 1-0 down. After that, Leicester continued to dominate with little to no chances created... then they went down to 10-men and the pendulum swung.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom