My Take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thank you for putting a bit of a smile on my face even though it is gallows humour though I think you were a little restrained in your thoughts on this occasion Pommps. Well done though for warning the whipped curs what to expect v udders field. I would have awarded Verrips and Robinson minus scores owing to the total liability they imposed on the other spineless grovelling frauds. The players "took the knee" and never got up. SJ, in the BJ role when our defence made the afghan army's resistance look like Rourke's Drift, managed to make Boris Johnson look honest and competent. The players should give their wages to charity to salvage something of their consciences. I cannot think of one positive from last night. Ben Davies must have watched that and thought "what the f*** have I signed up for". I cannot see there being another mug wanting to sign up for a thrashing with this abject squad. Instead of taking the knee next match the players should face the Kop with their heads bowed.

Get rid of the over 30`s, together with Verrips, Robinson and Burke.

Replace them with strong, younger players who have skill, desire, and want to play attacking football.

Wonderful stuff as always, puts a smile on my face which was badly needed after watching that load of crap last night.
West Brom' might do well this season but they will get found out like all "hoofer and clog teams" I wouldn't be surprised if we finished above them!

Lot of work for Sav' and the board to do, let's hope they are both up to the challenge or i really will fear for us.

Onwards and upwards.

For all talk of we need a clear out the reality is that we are stuck with these players, longish contracts for many of them and high wages that no one else is going to match. We do need a clear out but it’s not going to happen this season unless we find someone to take some of them on loan and we subside the wages.

For all talk of we need a clear out the reality is that we are stuck with these players, longish contracts for many of them and high wages that no one else is going to match.

It's irony loaded upon irony.

We were told we could only afford to sign up most of that useless bunch during our brief PL sojourn because our wages were so low.

Now they've got relegated we can't get rid of them because their wages are too high.

We've embraced Pigonomics.

Wrong, it wasnt a 3-5-2. Cant be bothered to read the rest
Silent, however you dress it up 4-4-2 or 5-3-2 it's been a back 8 since we lost JOC and we have struggled to throw off this defensive and timid way of thinking ever since then.

For all talk of we need a clear out the reality is that we are stuck with these players, longish contracts for many of them and high wages that no one else is going to match. We do need a clear out but it’s not going to happen this season unless we find someone to take some of them on loan and we subside the wages.
That’s a depressing read.

Didn't read much last night (in general), because I thought that watching a bit of TV, with a drink, after watching that match, was called for.

I always read "My Take", and as usual, it pulls no punches, and is fairly accurate in the marking.

Two players who hardly got a look-in for a long time, played last night.

Verrips - wow, not sure what to say. I recall a long time ago, watching our team warm up at BDTBL. I was sat in South Stand, G Block (my usual seat) and so had a good view of the "practice goal" which is always in the right hand corner of the pitch, facing the Kop. Verrips was in the net and the players were going through their warm up routine. Verrips let about 99% of the goals in. I nudged Mrs. G and said something like, "is he trying to make the lads feel good?, Simon Moore usually saves a lot more than that?" I didn't think too much more about it, but in the recent cup game against Carlisle, I thought Verrips was not great, and last night cemented it.

Freeman - He showed more guts and guile in last nights 10-15 minute cameo than our entire midfield almost since the season restarted. Like most of us, I was amazed that we signed this lad, hardly used him, then loaned him out. He might not be a world-beater, but we need someone who can take players on and go forward. He has to start, at the weekend.

As for the rest of the players, I will say, in his defence, I don't think any of us thought Billy was a starting player this season. We all thought he would be brought on with 20 minutes remaining in a game, when defenders were getting tired, and he could just hang around the box and nick a goal. It's not Billy's fault that he is being picked to start.

Flecky - if you are reading this John, take a deep breath, admit your failings, and just go hell-for-leather in the next game (if picked), hold your head up man, have some fucking pride, get stuck in like you used to.

One more thing (a final thought), we have a lot of players who look "beaten" before kick off, but it's not all of them. We can't expect a brand new starting 11, but with the right signings, 3-5 new players, who do have confidence, who do have belief, who are positive, and dare I say it, aggressive, that attitude can rub off on some, and can give some added belief to the ones like Baldock, McBurnie, Brewster, others, who haven't totally disappeared.

Anyway, me and the Mrs. will be sat there, on Saturday, no matter what.

Up the Blades.

It's irony loaded upon irony.

We were told we could only afford to sign up most of that useless bunch during our brief PL sojourn because our wages were so low.

Now they've got relegated we can't get rid of them because their wages are too high.

We've embraced Pigonomics.
Yes Wilder looking after the boys .... grrrr

Back
Top Bottom