My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So it is the formation not the players. Oh if only we had changed in November or December. Still, looking forward to next season. Reminds of my golf game. 17 holes of bollocks ready to quit and birdie the 18th, can't wait to play again.

I’m just pointing out that I don’t think some of your comments are at all acceptable.

I'm pointing out to you that I don't care at all what you think.

If you think it is offensive, put the posting on 'report' to the site admins.

You're clearly on this thread for one thing only, and that isn't to discuss the match.

pommpey

Very pleasing and the marks were great except for:

Jebbison -8.5. He’s shit. Knowing that our players and staff plus scouts and managers of other clubs read this particular forum daily, I think it’s worth pointing out there is no point in anyone signing this waster, he’s better off having a season with us next year.

We do have Lys Mousset who would be a better signing.

We should play like that every game, but we don't, hence the surprise and delight, tonight.

Enda did everything bar score a goal, Jack Robinson was good, Fleck was driving forward, the defenders defended, Ossy and Furious George were pushing and bullying players twice their height. Jebbison is 17 years old, 6ft 3 and full of testosterone and will be a real handful as time goes on.

And David McGoldrick.........a player that didn't cost us a penny, gliding past two or three players that cost a fortune.

It was like watching us last season, and that means that maybe we don't need to worry too much about next season.

Great review pommpey , if we can carry this into the final games, we can have hope.

We should play like that every game, but we don't, hence the surprise and delight, tonight.

Enda did everything bar score a goal, Jack Robinson was good, Fleck was driving forward, the defenders defended, Ossy and Furious George were pushing and bullying players twice their height. Jebbison is 17 years old, 6ft 3 and full of testosterone and will be a real handful as time goes on.

And David McGoldrick.........a player that didn't cost us a penny, gliding past two or three players that cost a fortune.

It was like watching us last season, and that means that maybe we don't need to worry too much about next season.

Great review pommpey , if we can carry this into the final games, we can have hope.

Agree entirely. It was - with reference to our so-far terminally shit season, as complete a performance as we'll see. We've had rare highs - a surprise win at OT, battle and get nowt at West Brom and a slack handful of glory-free wins at home and maybe a give-away draw at Brighton down to ten men. But tonight 'we were back'. No idea if it is because Everton didn't turn up. They certainly weren't very good despite their vast player value and canny management team. But we looked distinctly 'Wilder' tonight in spirit, if not in tactics and system. Those who many thought were done - like Stevens, Robinson, Norwood, Fleck and even Ramsdale showed what they can do. It was hugely encouraging and if we have that in the bank for next season, it shows we don't need Berge, Brewster, Burke and McBurnie, let alone the dismal Mousset.

Really hope we can take this to St James's and deliver. Newcastle are hit and miss this season but lately more hit. Be nice to think we could surprise them and have our youngster give their back four a bit of a game and see the midfield start to control (and maybe not have furious redded as he grapples with Saint Maximin)

pommpey

Last edited:
Happy for Jebbo, hope we can hang onto him, ability to get in decent positions, hit the target, headed attitude even though only 17. What a refreshing change compared to some of the circus act performances this season.....

Also great to see the veterans playing well & ramsdale! Hope for him, and the club generally next season after that.

I have had my run-ins with Pommpey on content or the general atmospheric tonality of his "My Take" in those darkest days, but to pull his summaries up on issues of the political correctness of the linguistics used is pretty funny... All kinds of toilet humour never tickled your fancy all season, but a bit of stereotyping of Scousers is offensive to you in a series of writings that basically aim to have a huge black and white parental advisory warning sticker on the CD cover that is bigger than the actual album lay-out - congrats, that IS a genuine feast of wummery... 😁

Well pitched, benben.

I have had my run-ins with Pommpey on content or the general atmospheric tonality of his "My Take" in those darkest days, but to pull his summaries up on issues of the political correctness of the linguistics used is pretty funny... All kinds of toilet humour never tickled your fancy all season, but a bit of stereotyping of Scousers is offensive to you in a series of writings that basically aim to have a huge black and white parental advisory warning sticker on the CD cover that is bigger than the actual album lay-out - congrats, that IS a genuine feast of wummery... 😁

Well pitched, benben.

Cool story, bro.

And, the game? We played last night, you know, lovey.

Nobody gives a fat, hoop-stretchy turd about what you think about the content of my posts, Brian.

pommpey

You know that if you've ever read any of pommpey s reports they have quite an abrasive style, if it's not for you then stay out, plenty of other sources to read about the match.

I don't always agree with the reports, but I always enjoy reading them, and the sardonic sense of humour has raised a smile from me in what for the most part has been a humourless season.

If you feel offended I'm sure there are many other things more worthwhile you can complain about, like I dunno train announcers not using the correct pronoun or something else equally devastating to human kind

We actually looked like the team from last season, organised , solid, good passing and moving, better quality corners, determined and pressing
Great to see, but where has that been all season, such a shame
Special mention to McGoldrick, Jebbison and Rambo, absolutely fabulous performances

I think you’ve misread his post there to be fair. The criticism is of your troll (if I’ve read it correctly).

Nah, Bath Blade, me owd. Chris likes to have a pop. Not unusually about me and my posting style, rather than the somewhat dismal array of 'football players' we have suffered this season*

*with the exception of last night, of course

My troll can just keep it coming. I have already reported him/her/pronoun to Foxy and Linz for his/her/potato crayoning all over people's threads.

pommpey

We actually looked like the team from last season, organised , solid, good passing and moving, better quality corners, determined and pressing
Great to see, but where has that been all season, such a shame
Special mention to McGoldrick, Jebbison and Rambo, absolutely fabulous performances
Yep. Agree totally.

I texted my mate just before half time to ask him if he was watching the same game as I was of was it a re-run of pre-Christmas last season.

A small chink* of hope that maybe they can do it

pommpey

Right perfomance, as most have said where have we been hiding all these months,
Must hold my hand up though i finally cut my hair yesterday morning, just under a year since i last did it.....
couldn't be a coincidence...
could it?
the twighlight zone awaits

I think you’ve misread his post there to be fair. The criticism is of your troll (if I’ve read it correctly).

Indeed. While I often disagree with Pommpey on whether we were abysmal or just poor and the emotional effects United should have on our collective well-being, this post was a defense of his writing style that is deliberately colorful rather than inadvertently offensive. So nope, I wasn’t having a pop, just pointing out what seemed an obvious irony to me.

I don’t think I ever have pops, just a leisurely couldn’t be arsed snottiness. 😀

Back
Top Bottom