My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

pommpey

THE FUTURE ... AS IT USED TO BE
Reaction score
My word. Where the fuck have these players been hiding since the return from lockdown?

I texted my mate before the game to see if he'd be watching, half expecting him to say 'nah'. We did forecast a drubbing with a DCL hat-trick and possibly Richarlison bagging a pair, Pickford getting one and maybe Duncan Ferguson nipping in the back post to nod one in whilst fracturing Enda's cheek with a stray fist and stamping Ramsdale's bollocks as flat as a bat's wing with a well-placed boot.

The streaming service we use is usually pretty rock solid but tonight was a pieful of cunts, so up to the tenth minute I was half watching on a frozen screen, half watching the liliputian, non-rotating image on my phone. I missed Jebboes goal but caught it on the online scores. but watching the rest, with occasional piefuls of similar vadge, managed to catch the rest of the match.

And what a match it was. Massively proud of the players tonight. They thoroughly deserved the win (as opposed to 'a surprising win' against a flaccid Man U) and the revised formation - starting with 5-2-2-1 and morphing into a solid 5-4-1 first of all made Everton clumsy, sloppy and complacent and later when they realised they were getting beat by the mugs of the League, very desperate and bereft of ideas. The four across the middle did wonderfully, denying Everton space and intercepting many passes and hopeful balls and any balls over the top - our past weakness - were capably mopped up by the back three or Ramsdale.

We also looked, even in the second half when we were pegged back, like we could further embarrass the hubcap-stealing, dole-mongering, la-di-dah, bin-dipping, curly-haired bastards. Everton, with a raft of expensive, international stars, looked like they really should be duking it out with us in the basement instead of hoping for Europe. Across the park our players looked like they'd got their sleeves up and were not readily giving up Jebboes wonderful full debut goal. Star players for them were simply outplayed and we haven't heard that since Chelsea or Spurs last season. Everton looked the lesser team at ease tonight, and that was down to tactics, formation and sheer grit in some hideous conditions.

And lo, not one bit of Wilderball to be seen. Sometimes, the ball even ventured into the centre of the park or was crossed effectively from set pieces. Even Oliver fucking Norwood played well!

Ramsdale: 10/10: Very impressed with some pretty bloody impressive goalkeeping. The double save was Jim Mongomeryesque. He is now forgiven for his early season fuck ups. Even with aerial balls he looked comfortable and in control. I can't mark him down from a ten. He was good tonight.
Baldock 6.5/10: Possibly our poorest player, but he still gave it his all even when battered about a bit. Lack self discipline and control hence daft late freekick and yellow card. Was he PotY last year? I thought it was ...
Basham 7.5/10: Vintage Basham. Gusty, determined, willing to fight for the win and even show what class he has on the ball. Loved it when he took Allan on and forced the foul out of him
Egan 8/10: Back to his best. Heading and blocking and doing the basics of centre-backing the right way tonight. Marshalled the back three well against the threats of DCL and Richarlison
Robinson 7.5/10: No more C3PO, more Death Trooper tonight. Battled well and showed real determination even if he is limited by his capability and mobility. Great assist though!
Stevens 7.5/10: Highest mark this season and it's because we got our old Enda back. Went up the line well and linked with Osborn and Fleck and caused problem and showed that old refusal to be beaten spirit we liked about him. He's not been the same since that ball went under his feet away at St James's last season and tonight, Enda was back
McGoldrick 9.5/10: You gotta love this bloke. A simply great performance by what is in effect a veteran journeyman passed around the clubs yet shows Currie levels of dexterity on the ball and was, tonight, effective in all parts of the pitch. To say he's ended up at United after a string of failed, unimpressive periods elsewhere and tonight (and other nights) shone like a diamond is testimony to his mindset and professionalism. He was ace tonight. Mesmerising feet, a target for the ball out, even back defending in key areas. Hats off to you Didsy.
Norwood 7/10: Good game from him, and with four in midfield he looks far more solid and less able to be bypassed and out-run. Tonight his passing was excellent and he put a lot of effort in chasing, dropping back and simply doing the basics of midfielding quite well. Maybe there IS hope for Oliver Norwood?
Fleck 7/10: A definited 'Jon' Fleck game tonight. Good crack on goal early in the game and worked well with Osborn and Stevens to triangulate and get past the Everton wide men, keeping them, for once, pinned back at times.
Osborn 7.5/10: Typical harrying and chasing game from him and he did have some pretty good effect. Everton didn't likehis workrate or energy at all, and even if at times he does lack finesse, you can't fault his guts and determination. Seemed to be the 'drifter' in what was for most of the game a fluid but effective midfield four
Jebbison 7/10: Only marked down because of his 'quiet' second half when we did go 5-4-1 and left him up front - at 17 - to duke it out with international defenders and at times look capable enough to make them look like cunts. So pleased for him scoring. Let's get him on the injured list straight away, to stop him being bought by Norwich or Watford or summat. Great full debut. Congrats kid.

Brewster - are you watching? You too Mousset?

No subs. Fucking good idea Heckingbottom. No one deserved - or wanted - to come off.

Heckingbottom 8/10: Got it right. Lets move this on and get at the 'how-man-little-fishie-bottel-er-cerka-cerla-when-tha-booert-cums-in-man-woman-man-pet' fucking barcodes and beat Burnley too and ... and ... and ...

Still get relegated.

Up the Blades!

pommpey

• Banned
My word. Where the fuck have these players been hiding since the return from lockdown?

I texted my mate before the game to see if he'd be watching, half expecting him to say 'nah'. We did forecast a drubbing with a DCL hat-trick and possibly Richarlison bagging a pair, Pickford getting one and maybe Duncan Ferguson nipping in the back post to nod one in whilst fracturing Enda's cheek with a stray fist.

The streaming service we use is usually pretty rock solid but tonight was a pieful of cunts, so up to the tenth minute I was half watching on a frozen screen, half watching the liliputian, non-rotating image on my phone. I missed Jebboes goal but caught it on the online scores. but watching the rest, with occasional piefuls of similar vadge, managed to catch the rest of the match.

And what a match it was. Massively proud of the players tonight. They thoroughly deserved the win (as opposed to 'a surprising win' against a flaccid Man U) and the revised formation - starting with 5-2-2-1 and morphing into a solid 5-4-1 first of all made Everton clumsy, sloppy and complacent and later when they realised they were getting beat by the mugs of the League, very desperate and bereft of ideas. The four across the middle did wonderfully, denying Everton space and intercepting many passes and hopeful balls and any balls over the top - our past weakness - were capably mopped up by the back three or Ramsdale.

We also looked, even in the second half when we were pegged back, like we could further embarrass the hubcap-stealing, dole-mongering, la-di-dah, bin-dipping, curly-haired bastards. Everton, with a raft of expensive, international stars, looked like they really should be duking it out with us in the basement instead of hoping for Europe. Across the park our players looked like they'd got their sleeves up and were not readily giving up Jebboes wonderful full debut goal. Star players for them were simply outplayed and we haven't heard that since Chelsea or Spurs last season. Everton looked the lesser team at ease tonight, and that was down to tactics, formation and sheer grit in some hideous conditions.

And lo, not one bit of Wilderball to be seen. Sometimes, the ball even ventured into the centre of the park or was crossed effectively from set pieces. Even Oliver fucking Norwood played well!

Ramsdale: 10/10: Very impressed with some pretty bloody impressive goalkeeping. The double save was Jim Mongomeryesque. He is now forgiven for his early season fuck ups. Even with aerial balls he looked comfortable and in control. I can't mark him down from a ten. He was good tonight.
Baldock 6.5/10: Possibly our poorest player, but he still gave it his all even when battered about a bit. Lack self discipline and control hence daft late freekick and yellow card. Was he PotY last year? I thought it was ...
Basham 7.5/10: Vintage Basham. Gusty, determined, willing to fight for the win and even show what class he has on the ball. Loved it when he took Allan on and forced the foul out of him
Egan 8/10: Back to his best. Heading and blocking and doing the basics of centre-backing the right way tonight. Marshalled the back three well against the threats of DCL and Richarlison
Robinson 7.5/10: No more C3PO, more Death Trooper tonight. Battled well and showed real determination even if he is limited by his capability and mobility
Stevens 7.5/10: Highest mark this season and it's because we got our old Enda back. Went up the line well and linked with Osborn and Fleck and caused problem and showed that old refusal to be beaten spirit we liked about him. He's not been the same since that ball went under his feet away at St James's last season and tonight, Enda was back
McGoldrick 9.5/10: You gotta love this bloke. A simply great performance by what is in effect a veteran journeyman passed around the clubs yet shows Currie levels of dexterity on the ball and was, tonight, effective in all parts of the pitch. To say he's ended up at United after a string of failed, unimpressive periods elsewhere and tonight (and other nights) shone like a diamond is testimony to his mindset and professionalism. He was ace tonight. Mesmerising feet, a target for the ball out, even back defending in key areas. Hats off to you Didsy.
Norwood 7/10: Good game from him, and with four in midfield he looks far more solid and less able to be bypassed and out-run. Tonight his passing was excellent and he put a lot of effort in chasing, dropping back and simply doing the basics of midfielding quite well. Maybe there IS hope for Oliver Norwood?
Fleck 7/10: A definited 'Jon' Fleck game tonight. Good crack on goal early in the game and worked well with Osborn and Stevens to triangulate and get past the Everton wide men, keeping them, for once, pinned back at times.
Osborn 7.5/10: Typical harrying and chasing game from him and he did have some pretty good effect. Everton didn't likehis workrate or energy at all, and even if at times he does lack finesse, you can't fault his guts and determination. Seemed to be the 'drifter' in what was for most of the game a fluid but effective midfield four
Jebbison 7/10: Only marked down because of his 'quiet' second half when we did go 5-4-1 and left him up front - at 17 - to duke it out with international defenders and at times look capable enough to make them look like cunts. So pleased for him scoring. Let's get him on the injured list straight away, to stop him being bought by Norwich or Watford or summat. Great full debut. Congrats kid.

No subs. Fucking good idea Heckingbottom. No one deserved - or wanted - to come off.

Heckingbottom 8/10: Got it right. Lets move this on and get at the 'how-man-little-fishie-bottel-er-cerka-cerla-when-tha-booert-cums-in-man-woman-man-pet' fucking barcodes and beat Burnley too and ... and ... and ...

Still get relegated.

Up the Blades!

pommpey

first

pommpey
first

pommpey

• Banned
Agree with much of that but Robinson was an 8.5 at least and a 7 for 17 year old Jebbison is ludicrously harsh. He made such a difference to the team with his movement.

Read it again, eh?

pommpey

I texted my mate before the game to see if he'd be watching, half expecting him to say 'nah'. We did forecast a drubbing with a DCL hat-trick and possibly Richarlison bagging a pair, Pickford getting one and maybe Duncan Ferguson nipping in the back post to nod one in whilst fracturing Enda's cheek with a stray fist and stamping Ramsdale's bollocks as flat as a bat's wing with a well-placed boot.

Robinson 7.5/10: No more C3PO, more Death Trooper tonight. Battled well and showed real determination even if he is limited by his capability and mobility. Great assist though!

Still get relegated.

Up the Blades!

pommpey
Well said Sir! Proper result that was with belief, graft and that little bit of zing that we've really missed.It's really shaken me out of the torpor I've been suffering this season.
Fucking well played Blades!

Good report and a great start Pommps. 😂😂

Still get relegated.

Up the Blades!

pommpey
Why do use the term “hubcap-stealing”?? Is that acceptable?

Didzy 10 for me, as well as Rammers.
Even the Everton fans thought there was 3 of him on the pitch.
Criminally underrated

Back
Top Bottom