My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My Take-Away

I ordered a celebratory curry last night, and for whatever reason they included an extra starter. By the time I'd finished my double-starter I was too full to eat anything else. This is why I am about to settle down to a late Sunday lunch of mixed kashmir (ceylon-hot).

Two results in one weekend!

IIRC - I seem to recall some suggesting he was quick, not just reaction time but across the ground also.
Nope, my Swansea mate said Brewster is a good finisher, he does have a bit of pace. I have posted this in here when we signed him.

Nope, my Swansea mate said Brewster is a good finisher, he does have a bit of pace. I have posted this in here when we signed him.

So people did reckon he had 'some' pace?

Don't get me wrong Silent. I'm not pointing fingers here. It's just that the bloke twelve years older than him playing alongside seemed to be the nimbler and more adept at getting in on a loose ball than Brewster. I've seen similar aged 'youngsters' lighting afterburners in the PL this season (and outside the PL) and showing some real ability to get to the ball. Again, in mitigation, the midfield and wingers do have a responsibility to thread passes his way to latch onto to create chances. As soon as you are reverting to the gutless flat central three you know you are onto a hiding for nothing with that.

People say 'he needs a pre-season', 'a rest', or 'the Championship'. I say we need to figure out what Rhian Brewster actually gives Sheffield United in any combination because aside from rare flashes of capability (which are nowhere near enough) he shows me nothing. I was yearning for him to score last night. Wanted it for him and for SUFC so badly, but as others have said (like Carlton) he still looks like a 14 year old playing full weight Sunday league with the pub cloggers and ale house bastards and getting nowt but muddy and pissed off.

pommpey

I think I had more chance of understanding the old King Ted's school song (it was in Latin - "Tempus est ut concinamus..etc") in the late 1950s than I have of understanding some of the finer points that arise in debates on this forum. Never mind, had my Horlicks so good night all.
I hope it was a dairy free one veg Leeds?

I hope it was a dairy free one veg Leeds?
Of course. The new vegan Horlicks £3.49 at Asda. Full of minerals/vitamins but also 37.6% sugar so not sure I'd buy it again, even though it was delicious and I'd been waiting nearly 30 years for it.

Of course. The new vegan Horlicks £3.49 at Asda. Full of minerals/vitamins but also 37.6% sugar so not sure I'd buy it again, even though it was delicious and I'd been waiting nearly 30 years for it.
More in common.
Blades.
Veg.
Familiar with Leeds.

Ramsdale. Player of the deadon

Coming from a crushing and crushed start, devoid of confidence, getting slated by many, his improvement has been I'm ense. To me he's the only one who is able to hold his head up and be happy about half the season. That does not apply to McGoldrick who has been poor most of the season and couldn't hit the side of a house with a banjo from 3 paces.

So people did reckon he had 'some' pace?

Don't get me wrong Silent. I'm not pointing fingers here. It's just that the bloke twelve years older than him playing alongside seemed to be the nimbler and more adept at getting in on a loose ball than Brewster. I've seen similar aged 'youngsters' lighting afterburners in the PL this season (and outside the PL) and showing some real ability to get to the ball. Again, in mitigation, the midfield and wingers do have a responsibility to thread passes his way to latch onto to create chances. As soon as you are reverting to the gutless flat central three you know you are onto a hiding for nothing with that.

People say 'he needs a pre-season', 'a rest', or 'the Championship'. I say we need to figure out what Rhian Brewster actually gives Sheffield United in any combination because aside from rare flashes of capability (which are nowhere near enough) he shows me nothing. I was yearning for him to score last night. Wanted it for him and for SUFC so badly, but as others have said (like Carlton) he still looks like a 14 year old playing full weight Sunday league with the pub cloggers and ale house bastards and getting nowt but muddy and pissed off.

pommpey

From what I've seen pace is Brewster's best attribute and he's as slow as an asthmatic snail

What was your rating and comment on Osborn, pommpey ? Unless my eyes are deceiving me, he was overlooked from that section.

For me, he's at least fulfilling the minimum requirement which Lundstram had started to fall below. He runs about a bit. A lot in fact. He's a player that can look back on his time with us so far and say if he was found wanting at this level, it would purely be on ability not effort in any way. He's certainly not let us down.

He has been one of our better performing players this season in that he was quite unfortunate to lose his spot at LWB when Stevens relatively inexplicably came back in.

Yesterday specifically, I personally would have had him as 7/10. What pleased me was not just that he did remain involved in whatever this new role is meant to be, but for his part in the goal. Too often we, for want of a better phrase, 'dick around' with the ball out wide and allow the opposition to reset. His first time whipped ball caused panic in their defence and was remeniscent of the good goals we scored last year against Burnley.

His level is very aligned to our own. He'll be a strong performing Championship player and will not let the side down at this level if surrounded by enough quality cohorts. Asking him to take the game by the scruff of the neck against top half teams is probably an ask too far but against bottom half contemporaries, he's more than capable. I certainly wouldn't be letting his contract run down in 12 months. He might be one of those to benefit from more game time and replace Fleck if the latter moves on. He's a 'Rangers man' after all and a return back there wouldn't be totally unexpected.

It might not be the highest of high bars these days but a decent shift and being instrumental in the only goal and I didn't really have any qualms with his efforts today. You may disagree of course though he clearly cares and him not being Lundstram is a positive for me!

What was your rating and comment on Osborn, pommpey ? Unless my eyes are deceiving me, he was overlooked from that section.

For me, he's at least fulfilling the minimum requirement which Lundstram had started to fall below. He runs about a bit. A lot in fact. He's a player that can look back on his time with us so far and say if he was found wanting at this level, it would purely be on ability not effort in any way. He's certainly not let us down.

He has been one of our better performing players this season in that he was quite unfortunate to lose his spot at LWB when Stevens relatively inexplicably came back in.

Yesterday specifically, I personally would have had him as 7/10. What pleased me was not just that he did remain involved in whatever this new role is meant to be, but for his part in the goal. Too often we, for want of a better phrase, 'dick around' with the ball out wide and allow the opposition to reset. His first time whipped ball caused panic in their defence and was remeniscent of the good goals we scored last year against Burnley.

His level is very aligned to our own. He'll be a strong performing Championship player and will not let the side down at this level if surrounded by enough quality cohorts. Asking him to take the game by the scruff of the neck against top half teams is probably an ask too far but against bottom half contemporaries, he's more than capable. I certainly wouldn't be letting his contract run down in 12 months. He might be one of those to benefit from more game time and replace Fleck if the latter moves on. He's a 'Rangers man' after all and a return back there wouldn't be totally unexpected.

It might not be the highest of high bars these days but a decent shift and being instrumental in the only goal and I didn't really have any qualms with his efforts today. You may disagree of course though he clearly cares and him not being Lundstram is a positive for me!

You're right, I did omit him by error, but have since been distracted by threadworms making my arsehole itch somewhat. Seems they've been disposed of now, which is nice.

But yeah, Osborn is at least a trier and does put a shift in. Is he Premier League capable? I'd say not, but will at least offer us left side options next season, I'd say better employed when we offload Fleck and restructure hopefully into a more purposeful system which has the correct balance in midfield - say 4-3-1-2, 4-4-2 or 4-3-2-1. Whatever it is, we need to exploit his industry and endeavour and give him people to work with. Last night he seemed to be so isolated and even with the 'you are Number Ten but can go anywhere' brief, seemed to be drifting either side of Brewster and McGoldrick instead of dropping behind them to provide the second-ball link. Of course, he had four behind him in Bogle - Norwood - Fleck - Stevens out of whom you could possibly trust only Bogle to do something right. In short, he was misplaced and spent much of the game chasing the ball with Brighton half-a-pass ahead of him much of the time. Quite why he was replaced by Lundstram is a baffling mystery. We then went to 5-3-2 and simply looked fragile and vulnerable.

Agree with 7/10 for him

pommpey

I suppose one positive aspect of relegation is that we won’t be on TV as much, so we can hopefully be spared this added instalment of negativity.

That’s actually a bit of a myth. In our promotion season we played less on a Saturday than we did in our first season in the prem before lockdown.

Leeds too would’ve had loads more Saturday matches this season if it wasn’t for lockdown. Sky show the teams going for promotion nearly every week in the championship. It’s a right pain in the arse. Especially towards the end of the season

That’s actually a bit of a myth. In our promotion season we played less on a Saturday than we did in our first season in the prem before lockdown.

Leeds too would’ve had loads more Saturday matches this season if it wasn’t for lockdown. Sky show the teams going for promotion nearly every week in the championship. It’s a right pain in the arse. Especially towards the end of the season

I apologise. I thought you was on about Saturday games. My mistake 👍

Back
Top Bottom