My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s not a complicated question that you’re ducking so I’ll ask it again. Do you expect Brewster to have great pace?

For a 21-year-old highly-trained and paid individual who comes from the nation's footballing champions, I do possibly expect him to be at least a little quicker than the 33 year old strike partner he had last night.

Do you?

If you do you’re ignorant because he’s never had any spectacular pace, and if you thought he did you were talking without understanding, or even wanting to understand the facts.

No. Do pay attention. I did say that some on here suggested he was quick. Where are they? Note: other people said it. Not pommpey.

Hope that clears this up.

If you don’t expect him to have great pace you’re being a nob head for effect to expect a player to display something in his arsenal that he physically doesn’t have.
Pick your hill, which is it?

Which hill? The one people said was there and clearly isn't? Sorry. Who is a 'nob head'?

It actually makes no odds if you duck it yet again, my question isn’t unreasonable, difficult or challenging and we all know the truth, but it would be good for you to answer it.

I have. Give it a read. Just to recap: 'some suggested Brewster has pace. I asked what they were on about'.

I haven't suggested he has pace. Finally - after last night, he clearly hasn't.

Is that OK for you?

Personally I reckon you’ll continue to try and throw your weight around again and deflect rather than just own that you deliberately made something up in order to attack one of our youngest players. Again, I’m sure you’ll wear it as a badge of honour but that’s what it is, black and white.

Hah. One of S24SU's most notorious agitators who personalises everything he issues, accusing me of 'throwing my weight around'.

Have a word with yourself, eh? And while you're at it, just try to figure out what argument you are trying to build here.

pommpey

As stated in the OP, a win is a win.

There are some average sides in this league and Brighton are one of them. Yesterday we got the rub of the green for once. As for our player performances

Ramsdale seems to have found his feet over the last few weeks which is good news
We still have too many players in the back 5 or 6 who are not good enough (Bryan) or out of position (Baldock this week).

Mcgoldrick is our best player at the moment and Osborn playing as part of a front 3 was a novel change to give me something to think about. It was still a shit game but hopefully they take a bit of confidence from it into the next one.

Typical shithouse comment.

Look, Flatulent. Using the terms 'deluded' and 'ignorant' when you sit in the underpants you do is kinda like the old kettle counter-questioning the darkening hue of the pot. It was mooted Brewster had pace, by quite a few on here. He also was meant to have some mystical skills like, 'scoring goals' and even 'hitting the fucking target area'.

So let's not get too pedantic about what this fucking dud came with with regard 'reputation'. If you think he has such qualities, let's hear some examples in red and white stripes from such a fucking footballing visionary, like you.

Or not.

pommpey
Arnt you being a bit harsh on the players Pommpey it's all been said before and the team ain't good enough..Credit where credits due ! they kept at it and although Ozsborne is not the most talented player he always puts a shift in,this is a new roll for him and for a change we had a midfielder who got around the pitch he put in the cross from which we scored! a good one too .
Will be a useful player next season.
Great to get a win ! The relief on there faces showed the effect this season has had on the players.
Yes there professionals but human and the trauma runs deep.

Let's be honest about last nights game we weren't great but we were still an improvement on some of our recent performances. Most of the team I would rate at 5-6 stand out performers for me were Ramsdale 8 McGoldrick 7 and Osborn 7. At least we couldn't fault them for effort until the scouse jogger came on who's only contribution was a long hoof downfield to no one. If you could rate him less than Zero you would but a 1 will have to do the other low mark goes to Usain Burke who can have a 2, at least he didn't trip over the ball on the few occasions he got it he just forgot to take the ball in the same direction as himself.
Brighton, you can see why they are 4th bottom yet the still had the better of the game a bit like us a wobbly defence and can't score at the other end (Maupay 🤣), talking of which what moaning mardy arse he is, good to see Ramsdale taking the piss for that Ronaldoesque miss 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for the report. I would say this match was better than most of the games this season. Its hard judging an appearance this season. Its like having 10 levels of crap going from 1 - utter utter (2 thousand utters) crap to 10 - just crap but +1 for effort and this is probably a 10 on that scale.

This is a team we would have very comfortably beaten last year if you want a better comparison.

I felt sorry for Brewster because there were times he was in a better position and Didzy did one of his trademark sloppy joe shots.
I like Bryan but he gives you the heeby jeebies when he gets the ball defensively sometimes it could end up badly.
Ramsdale another pretty good performance bar the kick out to one of their players.

I too noticed Ramsdale taking the mick out of Maupay for his sky high miss.

Finally why o why o why when their keeper came up for the corner, and it ended up safely in Ramsdales arms just kick the £$*$*er as hard as you can at their empty goal and try and score.

A win's a win, innit?

We spent the second half (and some of the first) with the ropes in our back and our gloves up to our temples, elbows in and shipping weak punch after weak punch from Brighton. They wanted to beat us simply because the embarrassment of being beaten by us - the Premier League's version of Izal bogroll - was a bit too much to bear. In a half time talk to my buddy at Shiregreen (who uncharacteristically had decided to skip the first half for the better past-time of sewing his ballsack skin to the saddle of his motorcycle) I suggested that Brighton may come out in the second half and more Premier League professionals amongst them would wake up to the fact that they were losing to Sheffield United. But because they were equally shit at not landing a punch which had us taking a count, the whole fucking match resembled a game which could in fact happen twelve months from now. Put it this way, next season we'd be calling tonight a 'well-earned three points', when in fact it was a scrappy kick about where we looked once again pretty fucking shite.

The formation - 3-4-3 (ish) - certainly made us look more comfortable in the first 35 minutes. We got forward and Osborn created mischief in his 'new-role', which in fact is basically just chase-arsing the ball three yards behind where play is. He might look like he's being effective, but in truth, he isn't. Brighton were well ahead of his industry and for that matter the only problems they faced were David McGoldrick shaped, simply because he owns the modicum of class a whole team should have at this level of English football. Once again for all his lack of pace, he manages to bring down and control his environment and connect effectively with other players, even if they couldn't fucking find him back at times. The more forward looking style of play at 3-4-3 suited him better even if Osborn frequently complicated the matter by veering into the left or right channels. Mark Duffy, Osborn isn't. The midfield looked passable in the literal sense rather than the footballing sense for a while until players like Lallana, Veltman and Trossard decided to stop fucking about and started to cancel anything out, starting with the kick off in the second half. It's what we've been watching all season and then when Heckingbotham decided to replace Ozzy with a stylish oak-leather suitcase with brocade lining, simulated gold attachments and a faux-hide handle you just knew the idea was to pull it all in on 5-3-2 with the usual trio of fucking lavatory bowls being bypassed and our goal under siege. When we did get it forward, it went to Ali Dia ... sorry, Oli Burke ... who despite blistering pace, still seems like he's missed his fucking vocation in the 100 yard sporran and porridge dash at the McBloater games on the misty banks of Loch Pish. He'd win that fucker. Score a goal for us? Fucking dream on.

Sure, it's three useless points to a side already down and dumped upon. I'm happy we won, but again, tonight shows us the fucking Everest sized clear out and restocking we need to be able to get the end result we want next season.

Ramsdale 6.5/10: Some really good saves, but loses a whole point for his distribution, which continues to be fucking dismal. His drop kicks are high, wide and snow-covered, and his chips to the wings play people into trouble
Baldock 5/10: Out of position, once again. Where are the usual centre backs? Where is Rodwell, Robinson, Jags and is Basham that injured? Why not play Ampadu and let Furious do what he likes to do best?
Egan 6.5/10: Fairly solid and inconspicuous display showing his gathering betterment back from injury
Bryan 5/10: Continues to be our weak link. Really panicky at times. He's fairly solid as a player, but isn't PL standard
Bogle 5.5/10: Moderate, workmanlike performance
Norwood 5/10: Not a bad outing in a better position in the first half at least. When Lundstram cam on and he became the 'pivot' he reverted to type and was invisible
Fleck 6/10: Got stuck in, for the first hour at least trying to carve up holes in the Brighton midfield but ... in honesty ... he's just not good enough, is he?
Stevens 4/10: Not really convinced at all he is suitable for any involvement in the club's future after May. Tonight he was threaded up his own arsehole by Jahanbakhshahabasham
Brewster 4/10: Marginally better performance in the first half, even if Brighton's defence were pretty pedestrian. For someone who reportedly has 'pace', have we seen this yet, at all? Second half it was 'Dad. They aint passing to me' shit
McGoldrick 7.5/10: Great outing. Class act.

Burke 2/10: Utter shite
Lundstram 1/10: Absolute shite

I was waiting for Hecky to sub McGoldrick with the wheeled attaché case in leatherette with combination locks and deep mauve satin accoutrements that is Lys fucking Mousset but I reckon he wasn't even there

pommpey

My Sunday morning "Laugh out Loud"

Good stuff again, disagree about Osborn, he will be descent player for us next season, you scored Burke one point to many!
Didzy is a joy to watch
Rammy should have been an 8 he was immense !

The rest were playing for a place next season, nothing more - the new manger will sort that! - hopefully!

A win's a win, innit?

We spent the second half (and some of the first) with the ropes in our back and our gloves up to our temples, elbows in and shipping weak punch after weak punch from Brighton. They wanted to beat us simply because the embarrassment of being beaten by us - the Premier League's version of Izal bogroll - was a bit too much to bear. In a half time talk to my buddy at Shiregreen (who uncharacteristically had decided to skip the first half for the better past-time of sewing his ballsack skin to the saddle of his motorcycle) I suggested that Brighton may come out in the second half and more Premier League professionals amongst them would wake up to the fact that they were losing to Sheffield United. But because they were equally shit at not landing a punch which had us taking a count, the whole fucking match resembled a game which could in fact happen twelve months from now. Put it this way, next season we'd be calling tonight a 'well-earned three points', when in fact it was a scrappy kick about where we looked once again pretty fucking shite.

The formation - 3-4-3 (ish) - certainly made us look more comfortable in the first 35 minutes. We got forward and Osborn created mischief in his 'new-role', which in fact is basically just chase-arsing the ball three yards behind where play is. He might look like he's being effective, but in truth, he isn't. Brighton were well ahead of his industry and for that matter the only problems they faced were David McGoldrick shaped, simply because he owns the modicum of class a whole team should have at this level of English football. Once again for all his lack of pace, he manages to bring down and control his environment and connect effectively with other players, even if they couldn't fucking find him back at times. The more forward looking style of play at 3-4-3 suited him better even if Osborn frequently complicated the matter by veering into the left or right channels. Mark Duffy, Osborn isn't. The midfield looked passable in the literal sense rather than the footballing sense for a while until players like Lallana, Veltman and Trossard decided to stop fucking about and started to cancel anything out, starting with the kick off in the second half. It's what we've been watching all season and then when Heckingbotham decided to replace Ozzy with a stylish oak-leather suitcase with brocade lining, simulated gold attachments and a faux-hide handle you just knew the idea was to pull it all in on 5-3-2 with the usual trio of fucking lavatory bowls being bypassed and our goal under siege. When we did get it forward, it went to Ali Dia ... sorry, Oli Burke ... who despite blistering pace, still seems like he's missed his fucking vocation in the 100 yard sporran and porridge dash at the McBloater games on the misty banks of Loch Pish. He'd win that fucker. Score a goal for us? Fucking dream on.

Sure, it's three useless points to a side already down and dumped upon. I'm happy we won, but again, tonight shows us the fucking Everest sized clear out and restocking we need to be able to get the end result we want next season.

Ramsdale 6.5/10: Some really good saves, but loses a whole point for his distribution, which continues to be fucking dismal. His drop kicks are high, wide and snow-covered, and his chips to the wings play people into trouble
Baldock 5/10: Out of position, once again. Where are the usual centre backs? Where is Rodwell, Robinson, Jags and is Basham that injured? Why not play Ampadu and let Furious do what he likes to do best?
Egan 6.5/10: Fairly solid and inconspicuous display showing his gathering betterment back from injury
Bryan 5/10: Continues to be our weak link. Really panicky at times. He's fairly solid as a player, but isn't PL standard
Bogle 5.5/10: Moderate, workmanlike performance
Norwood 5/10: Not a bad outing in a better position in the first half at least. When Lundstram cam on and he became the 'pivot' he reverted to type and was invisible
Fleck 6/10: Got stuck in, for the first hour at least trying to carve up holes in the Brighton midfield but ... in honesty ... he's just not good enough, is he?
Stevens 4/10: Not really convinced at all he is suitable for any involvement in the club's future after May. Tonight he was threaded up his own arsehole by Jahanbakhshahabasham
Brewster 4/10: Marginally better performance in the first half, even if Brighton's defence were pretty pedestrian. For someone who reportedly has 'pace', have we seen this yet, at all? Second half it was 'Dad. They aint passing to me' shit
McGoldrick 7.5/10: Great outing. Class act.

Burke 2/10: Utter shite
Lundstram 1/10: Absolute shite

I was waiting for Hecky to sub McGoldrick with the wheeled attaché case in leatherette with combination locks and deep mauve satin accoutrements that is Lys fucking Mousset but I reckon he wasn't even there

pommpey

Sunday Telegraph and Sunday Times

59C7F11F-3256-450B-9CDF-1EEF620DFE03.jpeg545D1A8C-4C8B-4CFC-A0D6-487E989C41DB.jpeg

Thin skinned normality from Captain Ego.
You’re ignorantly attacking a player for not having electric pace when he never had it, because you didn’t know any better. That’s on you for talking out your arse.
Let’s not get pedantic about the absolutely shite you’ve just said about one of the players?
Why not have a pop at Osborne for not being 6ft?

Instead of trying to do your boring deflection shit, let’s stick to what you actually said, or should we just skip the back and forth and you can just go crying to the admins that you’re being picked on, you big internet tough guy?

Due to Covid, he’s been robbed of the opportunity to dad dance at the local over 60’s club.

So don’t deny him the chance to demonstrate that some late middle aged men are desperate to sound like they’re down with the kids.

We looked tired second half yesterday. It’s not something I think is a Wilder mis management because we’ve never been like this in the passed but this season we don’t look fit.

Looking back to the Scotland trip where half the first team didn’t turn up until 2nd week and finishing the season with a months break could be another contributor to our performance
I'm sure that is right.
However, not even attempting to make excuses but, when you have been out-played and beaten week in and week out over a whole season it must get to you - unless of course you are dynamo Osborn.

The first one where most of our team get a 7, the second lot of ratings were more like it until Brewster gets a 7 same as McGoldrick that has to be a piss take.

Strange then that both reporters gave them both a 7?

Due to Covid, he’s been robbed of the opportunity to dad dance at the local over 60’s club.

So don’t deny him the chance to demonstrate that some late middle aged men are desperate to sound like they’re down with the kids.
Oop. Here he is, as regular as a fucking bowel movement (well, possibly not for him given how full of shit he is) trotting out with anything but anything about the match in his own personal crusade for notoriety in some dark corner of the internet.

Stay tuned for more ad hominem and 'banter' from S24SUs own Kate Hopkins.

pommpey

Oop. Here he is, as regular as a fucking bowel movement (well, possibly not for him given how full of shit he is) trotting out with anything but anything about the match in his own personal crusade for notoriety in some dark corner of the internet.

pommpey
I was hoping to get the standard 3 hour long response.

I generally like the idea that you spend more time writing a reply than you’ve spent inside BDTBL over the last decade.

You’ve disappointed me there.

Look at individual player stats for the game Didzy gives Brewster 10 years but his stats are around double those of Brewster more passes, more headers won, more shots on target, more blocks, more clearances. twice the player.

pommpey
The ignore button is a wonderful thing :)

I was hoping to get the standard 3 hour long response.

I generally like the idea that you spend more time writing a reply than you’ve spent inside BDTBL over the last decade.

You’ve disappointed me there.
Standard response.

Predictable and in some ways pathetic to the point of sympathy.

It's like trying to communicate with a fucking border collie. All he responds to is whistles and treats.

pommpey

The ignore button is a wonderful thing :)
Aye.

But toying with the subnormals is such FUN, isn't it? Especially when they are let loose with the crayons and make the post all about me ... me ... ME and not last night's game.

Alco's metered access to the internet will run out soon and he'll be back to colouring in his Peppa Pig book.

pommpey

The weekly my take and responses is like Wimbledon (tennis) meets crack cocaine on the set of the remake of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest being filmed inside Broadmoor. I genuinely can't decide whether it's a thoroughly entertaining read providing a bit of surreal escapism in a depressing season or whether its 10 minutes of my life I can never get back.

The weekly my take and responses is like Wimbledon (tennis) meets crack cocaine on the set of the remake of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest being filmed inside Broadmoor. I genuinely can't decide whether it's a thoroughly entertaining read providing a bit of surreal escapism in a depressing season or whether its 10 minutes of my life I can never get back.
It's all of those things blitzed up in the blender. Even the haters come back for more.

As stated in the OP, a win is a win.

There are some average sides in this league and Brighton are one of them. Yesterday we got the rub of the green for once. As for our player performances

Ramsdale seems to have found his feet

I'm happier that he found his hands.

Back
Top Bottom