My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

pommpey

THE FUTURE ... AS IT USED TO BE
Reaction score
It's all over then, as if it wasn't last November. Fucking dismal, pointless and shitty performance with clueless strategy against a Wolves side looking frail and error prone across the pitch. The difference in them from the third minute of this season when they burst forward, skipped over Lundstram's gash tackle and put the ball in the kop end past Ramsdale was there to be seen. This wasn't that Wolves and we again failed to fucking beat them.

Not that it mattered. Everything Wilder failed to do to put things right was out there on the pitch tonight, as if by parting arrangement with Heckingbottom just to make a point. The same old beatable 5-3-2 with our LWB Osborn in the Duffy role with the better Number 10 up front with the utter flop that is Rhian Brewster. It was obvious how things were to emerge. We'd huff and we'd puff and the big bad wolves would eventually blow our house down.

First half was an utter borefest. The only talking point was the ref's total abrogation of responsibility in yellowing Brewster for having his ankle stamped on. I hope somewhere in the FA or PL they are looking at that and marking the ref down but why should they? It's only Sheffield United, isn't it? Who gives a fat fuck? They're relegated now. I mean, at the start of this slow, sad slip into shitness, no one gave a fuck that goal line technology had failed us so badly (and Watford, as it stands) and that last season VAR was pretty shite in our favour anyway.

The commentators made big in the second half about us being at Wolves and yeah, we did at least 'try' but the effort was pisspoor. All fucking game we ran into blind alleys. Mostly down in the wing channels trying to play fucking Wilderball and doing the usual knock it across the back with Norwood ignoring his brief to play RCM and playing pivot showing off clipping the ball across the pitch for the sum total of fuck all. The only noteworthy player was Osborn, not because of what he did, but because he charged about at least trying to make some sort of cause/effect process.

Anyway, for what it's worth

Ramsdale 6/10: Couple of decent saves. A couple of shit clearances.
Baldock 5/10: Slowly losing his mojo
Ampadu 6/10: Tried to get forward and make an impact from wide allowing Baldock more room
Egan 6/10: Did what he could, but was left exposed by Bryan's naivety at times
Bryan 4/10: Weak link in the back three
Stevens 3/10: Usual sub-par outing. Garbage attempt on goal
Norwood 3/10: Poor outing with no real effect apart from a fortuitous clearance off the line and a sitter straight at their keeper. Sweet feet my fucking shitlocker
Fleck 2/10: Really anonymous
McGoldrick 4/10: Loads of effort but no effect
Brewster 1/10: Poor kid

Burke 2/10: Aimless, clueless and pointless
Mousset 0/10: Yeah, I mean it. Fucking crap
Bogle 3/10: Not enough time to get involved

Rest of season:

Start planning now to get shut of the luggage Heckingbottom. We have too many straphangers and people no way good enough for next season, never mind a campaign to return to the top flight. We need to de-Wilderise the club now and start looking at a completely different Sheffield United starting in August. We are done now, the issue is sorted. Get the kids out there and sit the passengers down and gt their bags packed ready for the new manager.

pommpey

• Banned
It's all over then, as if it wasn't last November. Fucking dismal, pointless and shitty performance with clueless strategy against a Wolves side looking frail and error prone across the pitch. The difference in them from the third minute of this season when they burst forward, skipped over Lundstram's gash tackle and put the ball in the kop end past Ramsdale was there to be seen. This wasn't that Wolves and we again failed to fucking beat them.

Not that it mattered. Everything Wilder failed to do to put things right was out there on the pitch tonight, as if by parting arrangement with Heckingbottom just to make a point. The same old beatable 5-3-2 with our LWB Osborn in the Duffy role with the better Number 10 up front with the utter flop that is Rhian Brewster. It was obvious how things were to emerge. We'd huff and we'd puff and the big bad wolves would eventually blow our house down.

First half was an utter borefest. The only talking point was the ref's total abrogation of responsibility in yellowing Brewster for having his ankle stamped on. I hope somewhere in the FA or PL they are looking at that and marking the ref down but why should they? It's only Sheffield United, isn't it? Who gives a fat fuck? They're relegated now. I mean, at the start of this slow, sad slip into shitness, no one gave a fuck that goal line technology had failed us so badly (and Watford, as it stands) and that last season VAR was pretty shite in our favour anyway.

The commentators made big in the second half about us being at Wolves and yeah, we did at least 'try' but the effort was pisspoor. All fucking game we ran into blind alleys. Mostly down in the wing channels trying to play fucking Wilderball and doing the usual knock it across the back with Norwood ignoring his brief to play RCM and playing pivot showing off clipping the ball across the pitch for the sum total of fuck all. The only noteworthy player was Osborn, not because of what he did, but because he charged about at least trying to make some sort of cause/effect process.

Ampadu 6/10: Tried to get forward and make an impact from wide allowing Baldock more room
Norwood 3/10: Poor outing with no real effect apart from a fortuitous clearance off the line

Rest of season:

Start planning now to get shut of the luggage Heckingbottom. We have too many straphangers and people no way good enough for next season, never mind a campaign to return to the top flight. We need to de-Wilderise the club now and start looking at a completely different Sheffield United starting in August. We are done now, the issue is sorted. Get the kids out there and sit the passengers down and gt their bags packed ready for the new manager.

pommpey
first

pommpey

Norwood 3/10: Poor outing with no real effect apart from a fortuitous clearance off the line and a sitter straight at their keeper. Sweet feet my fucking shitlocker

Rest of season:

pommpey
I get people saying the no manager wants a relegation on their cv but the sooner one can be brought in to start that process the better.

Respectfully disagree tonight pommpey . I thought there was considerably more effort and industry than we've seen for a while, albeit with zero end product.

Ah well, at least it's over now. Just the formalities of the remaining defeats matches to get through.

No issue with your take on things by the way. All about opinions and stuff, and we all see things in our own way.

Rest of season:

pommpey
Very well put Pomppey

Respectfully disagree tonight pommpey . I thought there was considerably more effort and industry than we've seen for a while, albeit with zero end product.

Ah well, at least it's over now. Just the formalities of the remaining defeats matches to get through.

No issue with your take on things by the way. All about opinions and stuff, and we all see things in our own way.
Yes, there was more effort but zero quality. How are we going to get rid of this bunch?
What club in their right mind would want to buy any of our players apart from maybe Berge but even he hardly tore it up for us?
Return to the premier League? More like League 1!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now we're down it wouldn't be on his CV surely, so gerrimin.
Not sure whose cv it would go on tbh wilders, heckys or the new man they’d probably all get it.

Rest of season:

pommpey
Was Fleck more anonymous than Osbourn?😉

Not sure whose cv it would go on tbh wilders, heckys or the new man they’d probably all get it.

Wilder is the Bolton fan who shat in the sink, Heckingbottom is the steward who found it, whoever comes in is the cleaner that has to sort it out.

I'd put it on Wilder and Heckingbottom's CV, Hecky by a technicality, didn't really influence it.

11th post actually
When someone posts that they're "first" it's not the first post, but the first response. Therefore, the 11th post is the 10th response, so I maintain I was correct to say I was 10th.

These things are important to establish on the night your team was relegated from the Premier League

When someone posts that they're "first" it's not the first post, but the first response. Therefore, the 11th post is the 10th response, so I maintain I was correct to say I was 10th.

These things are important to establish on the night your team was relegated from the Premier League
11th is 11th!! You can’t change the rules once the whistle blows!!

I think this season has to end Pommps, simply to preserve your mental health and restore your humour!
Like Esteemed Forgeblade, I thought it was better than most of the crap we've seen this season (especially Osborn, who appears to have hung onto the idea that at least having a go is an expectation!). However, we expect so little now that even an under par performance against an even more under par Wolves looked like an improvement!!

Yes, there was more effort but zero quality. How are we going to get rid of this bunch of spastics?
What club in their right mind would want to buy any of our players apart from maybe Berge but even he hardly tore it up for us?
Return to the premier League? More like League 1!
As I did with the OP, I'll respectfully disagree.

I know we are low on quality, but that is relevant to the level we are at. As you say, we will undoubtedly sell Berge this summer, and thanks to his potential, and relative lack of game time for us (combined with the pandemic-related issues) we will probably recoup most, if not all of what we paid for him (or even a bit more). So on that score, no harm, no foul.

As to the rest of our squad, McBurnie for one has a solid track record in the championship. We will hopefully not lose JOC due to his injury, although Egan will probably have suitors in the lower half of the prem who may sway him with wages that we can't match.

Lundstram will be gone, thank fuck.

Honestly, I don't understand the mindset that we are going to struggle and maybe even go down next season. Yes, we are woefully short of premier league quality, but that in no way means that we are short of players who are capable of having a good season a level down. McBurnie has scored goals in the Champ, as has Brewster (briefly). We've a squad full of players that won promotion from that division 2 years ago. They're not all suddenly dogshit at any level just because they've been exposed in the toughest league on the planet.

I'm not saying I think we'll do a Norwich. I don't, for what it's worth. But I think we will probably be comfortable in mid table, and maybe have a punt towards the playoffs, with the squad we have, plus maybe one or two shrewd acquisitions (particularly in midfield).

UTB.

Rest of season:

pommpey
Congrats Vic for your reviews & forthright analysis - it needed saying.

Well, what a complete & utter fuck up this season has been, from finishing 9th & “going out of the front door” against everyone in this division, who didn’t haven’t world class players last season & who weren’t also established PL teams - to this shower of excrement??

Answers required SUFC?

BTW, SUFC your annual turnover has just dropped by circa £100m - wake up.

Back
Top Bottom