My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree with most of that ,except Lundstram thought he was awful and his body language said it all. He thinks hes too good for us ,ha aint and he will be found out in the scottish leagie or wherever hes going 1.
I would also probably take a mark off Flecky and McBurnie and give them to Bryan ,who I thought did very well.
Would love to see 2 of Berge/Norwood/Fleck alternating in the middle of a 4-4-2.
You know it wasnt me who reported you right ? I have taken dogs abuse over the years as you can see ,never reported anyone.

We've disagreed, Sitwell, but I know that is as far as it goes.

I don't like reporting people at all either, unless the intent is malicious which in one or two cases it has been (and definitely not in your case - you're not that kind of poster and never have been)

pommpey

To be honest I think Liverpool (like us) are a shadow of last season's team and I don't take much comfort from holding them for the first half because you knew we would concede and, come next season in the champonship, I cannot see the current system/players setting the division on fire. The football we are playing is ugly without being particulalrly effective. It is depressing. I'm still not convinved the first goal should have stood though after seeing this photo ( I don't know if it has been photoshopped). That ball looks out to me, but its VAR that matters. View attachment 106745

You can see grass between the ball and the line because the ball is ABOVE the line. Difficult to say from this angle where it is in relation to the line but if you draw a line perpendicularly down from the right hand edge of the ball, it is not outside the line.

Remember it has to be All of the ball over All of the line

Reasoned and generally fair assessment of the game pommpey. Fair points for just about every player.

What nobody's mentioned though is, the own goal disallowed for offside.
For some reason it barely got a mention at all on sky. Personally I thought it was marginal but since it was not constantly analysed over and over as it WOULD have been if say it was by Jags into OUR net, I still don't know the right of wrong of it.
Not a ficker from VAR. Yet if it had been a top six side we would have seen it from umpteen angles.

And the other point is,
how many times has pommpey had a beaker full of crushed ice and curry sauce down his arse crack?
Is this some kind of navel tradition?

Am a daily reader of this forum but you can tell from my S2 profile, do no often post.

With regards to Pommpey, I dont agree with absolutely everything he says, but in all honesty I think hes mostly not far off the mark, and I guess like most of us on here, I've really hated this season after last seasons joy, and feel a mix of anger and sadness at our current predicament.

However, putting all that aside, I really do look forward to reading 'My Take' after the game, so I hope he continues with his 'unique style' as it makes this forum more enjoyable in my humble opinion.

Tarks

Firstly, can I just say I have picked up a fair few infarctions thanks to the trolling, targeted, personal abuse and non sequitur slavver I have taken regarding 'My take ... ' from posters various.
Sorry to hear of the abuse, I don't always agree with some of your choice of words!!! But abuse is just out of order! I shall remember you in my prayers!!!

But it has obviously got to you because we were nowhere as good as you have made out. Did we ever really look like scoring? We struggled to hold onto the ball & we are incredibly pedestrian. I thought that we looked what we are, the worst team in the league who were just holding on until they scored.

Apart from Rammers & Jags a 6 would have been my top mark for the others, & have you & Norwood got something going?

Firstly, can I just say I have picked up a fair few infarctions thanks to the trolling, targeted, personal abuse and non sequitur slavver I have taken regarding 'My take ... ' from posters various.

I get Foxy and Lindz's judgements and accept them. So for now, if you have a fragile, easily-hurt ego which is projected onto a football team you simply support, if you are one of those for whom an eight nil dicking to Crawley at BDTBL is summat to clap the players off and anyone who doesn't is a pigfan or if you are a current squad member thinking you're incognito on here and missing the heady feeling of being booed off in front of 30k Blades fans then please, stop now. Scroll past. This isn't for you. And finally, I am not your problem. Sheffield United and the football they play is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, having said that, I think tonight United played a damned sight better than they have recently. They lost two nil, but aside from the goals Liverpool scored - one from a contentious (but correct) ball/out decision and us switching off and the other from a fortunate kick off the sole of Bryan's boot past Ramsdale - our performance was encouraging for most of the game. Three formation switches - two good and one bad - and we were beaten again for the 21st time out of 26 games this season.

As much as we lament the fates of Jack, John and Chris as our 'pistons' (remember that term? I thought it was shit, too) I think tonight's predictable staring line up did pretty well. Jags is Jags isn't he? He hasn't spent a decade in the PL for fuck all and served his country either, although Balotelli was the dark lord of the sith to cut him down and remind him who he was in a white shirt. We were dreading Ampadu and Bryan either side of him but to be honest I don't think they did that bad considering it was once the most feared front three the PL could muster. Yeah, it looked distinctly 'Championship', but I have just seen Wilder on telly telling us he 'bought the best from the Championship' hoping to survive in the Premiership. So that's okay then.

It's 5-3-2 now (or 3-5-2 as he draws it on the team sheet, hoping to kid us we are up for this and not simply defending until they eventually score) until relegation and beyond I think because that is what is drawn on the teamsheet slip so he fills it in. It's beatable, it's flawed, but what the fuck? We're down, dammit.

So tonight however the emphasis was exploiting Liverpools highlighted weaknesses, and thankfully that didn't involve protracted periods of Wilderball. And guess what? He almost pulled it off. We actually went into battle in the areas that mattered, and utilising assets e have. For 45 minutes we looked slightly capable, if not likely to shock Liverpool into a response, like a beakerful of crushed ice and curry sauce down your arsecrack. The bindippers have been shipping goals and leaking confidence since whenever and are seriously not the freeflowing, Brazil-lite outfit they were last season. Klopp has stopped smiling like Bingo out of the Banana Splits and now he is under pressure and needing wins, even to secure a spot in the Johnstones Europa League. Put simply, he can't afford to not lift silverware or gain qualification kudos this season so beating our sorry shower of bastards was essential, as was getting one over on that cheeky spud faced fucker Wilder. Losing tonight might have got him sacked, in fact.

In fairness and honesty, I thought the first 45 were pretty bloody good. Before the game my Shiregreen and Whirlow Blades buddies exchanged texts of despair at the team sheet expecting Liverpool to be three up by 25 minutes in. I texted back at 35 saying 'Am I watching the right match here?' Okay, Ramsdale was playing out of his skin (another text I sent) and we forced them to work hard and think about who they were playing instead of switching to AUTO/BEAT OPPOSITION mode, and Liverpool actually looked rattled. We even had the fucking temerity to steer some efforts on goal, gawd-dammit. But like FIFA21, the longer you don't score, the easier it is for your opponent to work you out. It took them fifty minutes to do that and in fairness you can understand the players thinking it was out, but it fucking well wasn't.

As ever though, Wilder decides to change things and does and correctly puts pace and doggedness on in Burke and Osborn for the urbane cool and death's door or Didsy and Jags. How strange how we suddenly looked more capable with four in midfield, huh? Less outnumbered, more time on the ball and more bite to tackle than desperate, outnumbered falling back. Even the back four looked okay if fragile when Firmino broke through (I think Jags would have been in on him TBH)

Then its another switch to 4-3-3 and we effectively lose all potency. It wasn't a good choice and Liverpool simply game managed the last 20 minutes, knowing full well that no matter what chance we offered up, McGoldrick wasn't on the pitch so they were under no danger at all.

Ramsdale 8.5/10: Some pretty excellent saves, which stopped us going in at half time -0-4. Tonight he was on level with his predecessor and looked impressively brave and agile. Very pleased.
Baldock 7/10: Good outing from Furious. Worked well against the threat from Mane and looked just as capable and athletic working with Lundstram and Norwood in a 4-4-2
Ampadu 8/10; Thought he had a great game and is on for next season to acquire, if he choses to stay. Put himself about and showed pleasing control and confidence at times
Jagielka 7/10: He huffs and he puffs and he's 61 next week. But his experience shows.
Bryan 6.5/10: A lot better from him. He looks to be growing into the role. He is not Jack and never will be, but recently he is confounding his early critics
Stevens 5/10: Our weakest player TBH. At times his control was piss poor, but in his defence, he did keep Salah relatively quiet
Lundstram 5.5/10: A much better game if no where near perfect. Tonight he got himself more involved if was sloppy and lacked that special touch needed to be effective at times. Another Wolves style mistimed tackle from him that left Alwxander Arnold in
Norwood (watch this) 7.5/10: Thought he had a much, much better game. Got stuck in, won the ball (a lot), limited the ping until it was needed and his crossing was pretty nad-on. This is what we expect from him.
Fleck 7.5/10: Another revelation, if fading during the last twenty when Wilder went 4-3-3 when he was outnumbered again in the middle. John played tonight. Jimmy will be back next game.
McBurnie 7/10: For a change, I expected the ball to be pumped long onto his had and typically fall to a light blue shirt. He did put himself out and about a lot and won loads of headers and many of them finding a striped shirt for a change. But there was no pub football tonight. I thought he played very well and grafted, if as with Fleck, faded during the last twenty. Maybe he's been reading this board, but there was less shithousery, and far more of what he can do on display, even if the header was fifty peed (the cross dropped behind his marker and he did have time to chest and kick, possibly)
McGoldrick 6.5/10: Welcome to the Footballing World of David McGoldrick. Everything in the Footballing World of David McGoldrick moves at half speed, but fear not, you, as a defender move at half speed too if you are marking him because that ball that is coming at you awkwardly is suddenly and miraculously brought under control and he's laying it off (you are still moving at half speed) and he is past you, or he is in front of you, or he has beaten you to that ball. But he's older than Jags. As soon as he is in possession, his direction and vision is way above what it should be. He is simply our best player.

Burke 5/10: Usual Billy Whizz stuff with no end product. Banging it across the goal when you've done all the hard work beating your player is a bit bollocks, isn't it? He's fast, but he can't score.
Osborn 6.5/10: Good effort and we did look more capable with him on the pitch, even though he isn't PL standard in honesty
Sharp 2/10: Not a mark that reflects his performance more that he didn't really get into the game at 4-3-3

Okay, we're beaten again and it's difficult to see where we will actually beat the 11 point hoodoo, but can anyone honestly say that if we'd have approached last week's game like we did tonight we'd have lost? Why does it take a big name like Man U and Liverpool to get the best of our worst this season?

pommpey

last

pommpey

Just as a bit of back up, The Times and The Telegraph opinions...

65777ED5-2974-47D6-92A5-5FCB47D8A8AC.jpeg24D7DCB9-50E2-45EC-B042-25FA8957359F.jpeg

I get Foxy and Lindz's judgements and accept them. So for now, if you have a fragile, easily-hurt ego which is projected onto a football team you simply support, if you are one of those for whom an eight nil dicking to Crawley at BDTBL is summat to clap the players off and anyone who doesn't is a pigfan or if you are a current squad member thinking you're incognito on here and missing the heady feeling of being booed off in front of 30k Blades fans then please, stop now. Scroll past. This isn't for you. And finally, I am not your problem. Sheffield United and the football they play is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, having said that, I think tonight United played a damned sight better than they have recently. They lost two nil, but aside from the goals Liverpool scored - one from a contentious (but correct) ball/out decision and us switching off and the other from a fortunate kick off the sole of Bryan's boot past Ramsdale - our performance was encouraging for most of the game. Three formation switches - two good and one bad - and we were beaten again for the 21st time out of 26 games this season.

As much as we lament the fates of Jack, John and Chris as our 'pistons' (remember that term? I thought it was shit, too) I think tonight's predictable staring line up did pretty well. Jags is Jags isn't he? He hasn't spent a decade in the PL for fuck all and served his country either, although Balotelli was the dark lord of the sith to cut him down and remind him who he was in a white shirt. We were dreading Ampadu and Bryan either side of him but to be honest I don't think they did that bad considering it was once the most feared front three the PL could muster. Yeah, it looked distinctly 'Championship', but I have just seen Wilder on telly telling us he 'bought the best from the Championship' hoping to survive in the Premiership. So that's okay then.

It's 5-3-2 now (or 3-5-2 as he draws it on the team sheet, hoping to kid us we are up for this and not simply defending until they eventually score) until relegation and beyond I think because that is what is drawn on the teamsheet slip so he fills it in. It's beatable, it's flawed, but what the fuck? We're down, dammit.

So tonight however the emphasis was exploiting Liverpools highlighted weaknesses, and thankfully that didn't involve protracted periods of Wilderball. And guess what? He almost pulled it off. We actually went into battle in the areas that mattered, and utilising assets e have. For 45 minutes we looked slightly capable, if not likely to shock Liverpool into a response, like a beakerful of crushed ice and curry sauce down your arsecrack. The bindippers have been shipping goals and leaking confidence since whenever and are seriously not the freeflowing, Brazil-lite outfit they were last season. Klopp has stopped smiling like Bingo out of the Banana Splits and now he is under pressure and needing wins, even to secure a spot in the Johnstones Europa League. Put simply, he can't afford to not lift silverware or gain qualification kudos this season so beating our sorry shower of bastards was essential, as was getting one over on that cheeky spud faced fucker Wilder. Losing tonight might have got him sacked, in fact.

In fairness and honesty, I thought the first 45 were pretty bloody good. Before the game my Shiregreen and Whirlow Blades buddies exchanged texts of despair at the team sheet expecting Liverpool to be three up by 25 minutes in. I texted back at 35 saying 'Am I watching the right match here?' Okay, Ramsdale was playing out of his skin (another text I sent) and we forced them to work hard and think about who they were playing instead of switching to AUTO/BEAT OPPOSITION mode, and Liverpool actually looked rattled. We even had the fucking temerity to steer some efforts on goal, gawd-dammit. But like FIFA21, the longer you don't score, the easier it is for your opponent to work you out. It took them fifty minutes to do that and in fairness you can understand the players thinking it was out, but it fucking well wasn't.

As ever though, Wilder decides to change things and does and correctly puts pace and doggedness on in Burke and Osborn for the urbane cool and death's door or Didsy and Jags. How strange how we suddenly looked more capable with four in midfield, huh? Less outnumbered, more time on the ball and more bite to tackle than desperate, outnumbered falling back. Even the back four looked okay if fragile when Firmino broke through (I think Jags would have been in on him TBH)

Then its another switch to 4-3-3 and we effectively lose all potency. It wasn't a good choice and Liverpool simply game managed the last 20 minutes, knowing full well that no matter what chance we offered up, McGoldrick wasn't on the pitch so they were under no danger at all.

Ramsdale 8.5/10: Some pretty excellent saves, which stopped us going in at half time -0-4. Tonight he was on level with his predecessor and looked impressively brave and agile. Very pleased.
Baldock 7/10: Good outing from Furious. Worked well against the threat from Mane and looked just as capable and athletic working with Lundstram and Norwood in a 4-4-2
Ampadu 8/10; Thought he had a great game and is on for next season to acquire, if he choses to stay. Put himself about and showed pleasing control and confidence at times
Jagielka 7/10: He huffs and he puffs and he's 61 next week. But his experience shows.
Bryan 6.5/10: A lot better from him. He looks to be growing into the role. He is not Jack and never will be, but recently he is confounding his early critics
Stevens 5/10: Our weakest player TBH. At times his control was piss poor, but in his defence, he did keep Salah relatively quiet
Lundstram 5.5/10: A much better game if no where near perfect. Tonight he got himself more involved if was sloppy and lacked that special touch needed to be effective at times. Another Wolves style mistimed tackle from him that left Alwxander Arnold in
Norwood (watch this) 7.5/10: Thought he had a much, much better game. Got stuck in, won the ball (a lot), limited the ping until it was needed and his crossing was pretty nad-on. This is what we expect from him.
Fleck 7.5/10: Another revelation, if fading during the last twenty when Wilder went 4-3-3 when he was outnumbered again in the middle. John played tonight. Jimmy will be back next game.
McBurnie 7/10: For a change, I expected the ball to be pumped long onto his had and typically fall to a light blue shirt. He did put himself out and about a lot and won loads of headers and many of them finding a striped shirt for a change. But there was no pub football tonight. I thought he played very well and grafted, if as with Fleck, faded during the last twenty. Maybe he's been reading this board, but there was less shithousery, and far more of what he can do on display, even if the header was fifty peed (the cross dropped behind his marker and he did have time to chest and kick, possibly)
McGoldrick 6.5/10: Welcome to the Footballing World of David McGoldrick. Everything in the Footballing World of David McGoldrick moves at half speed, but fear not, you, as a defender move at half speed too if you are marking him because that ball that is coming at you awkwardly is suddenly and miraculously brought under control and he's laying it off (you are still moving at half speed) and he is past you, or he is in front of you, or he has beaten you to that ball. But he's older than Jags. As soon as he is in possession, his direction and vision is way above what it should be. He is simply our best player.

Burke 5/10: Usual Billy Whizz stuff with no end product. Banging it across the goal when you've done all the hard work beating your player is a bit bollocks, isn't it? He's fast, but he can't score.
Osborn 6.5/10: Good effort and we did look more capable with him on the pitch, even though he isn't PL standard in honesty
Sharp 2/10: Not a mark that reflects his performance more that he didn't really get into the game at 4-3-3

Okay, we're beaten again and it's difficult to see where we will actually beat the 11 point hoodoo, but can anyone honestly say that if we'd have approached last week's game like we did tonight we'd have lost? Why does it take a big name like Man U and Liverpool to get the best of our worst this season?

pommpey

last

pommpey
Let's face it, Pommps, unless you're blindly clappin' away you will receive the dog's abuse on here. You get special treatment because certain individuals can't handle the robust humour in your posts. As it is, i'm long past being bothered about being slagged off (both here and elsewhere). It just means you're over the target.

pommpey

last

pommpey
Keep up the good work Pommpey, My Take is the highlight of the season for me & always remember- Illegitimi non carborundum!

It is a valid point and to be honest, I have been worried when at matches that certain posters may want to take things further (especially when I am with my family). I have had threats made to me on here. In many ways, it is unsurprising given the content and the level of interchange, but in the past the argument against me has largely been based up on the concept of 'you live elsewhere/you don't go to games/what the fuck do you know?' and the touchpaper is lit (because it's not about 'the game') and this time it's 'you're nasty to the players/what the fuck do you know?' I have never made personal threats but yes, if we were engaged in a conversation in the pub about Sheffield United I would espouse those views and verbally defend myself if the debate descended into shit slinging. I respect anyone who says 'you're wrong' and backs it up with their reason why, but people who say 'you're wrong' because of some pre-conditioned animosity can (forgive me for this Foxy) simply 'fuck off'. There's a pleasing amount of the former, but a disappointing amount of the latter. I like debating, I like a bit of humour, I like watching football. I also love Sheffield United, my football team. I don't like being personally targeted because of my opinion. If I say Oliver McBurnie plays like a pub footballer, I'd like you to understand why and if you disagree, show me why I am wrong and why he plays like Didier Drogba.

And I agree regarding Foxy. Dealing with dickheads like me (and that is verbal self abuse, Foxy) can't be easy.

pommpey
Fair points and fair play to you if you really would say the exact same things you say on here to somebody's face - can't knock that. But, really? If you met Oli McBurnie for example round the back of the Shirecliffe training complex would really call him McPub to his face and some of the other things you've said? Oh and not press charges when he's broken your nose?

I find a lot of what you say very funny, I also think you are very knowledgable on football matters. I certainly don't have anything like the insight you have on the game. Hands up, I just watch the game through my red and white rose coloured glasses and pray the Blades win. I of course see obvious good passages of play / individuals having good/bad games etc, but you seem to notice far more detail than I do. From a message board point of view though, I'm here just pass an hour here and there engaging in friendly banter and the occasional bit of good natured ribbing (notice the 'b's, not 'm's ) 😜

Fair points and fair play to you if you really would say the exact same things you say on here to somebody's face - can't knock that. But, really? If you met Oli McBurnie for example round the back of the Shirecliffe training complex would really call him McPub to his face and some of the other things you've said? Oh and not press charges when he's broken your nose?

In honesty, I'd trust that well-paid professional footballer, public figure and Premier League star Oliver McBurnie would have better things to do and more integrity than to bother himself much with breaking the nose of an insignificant keyboard warrior and disrespectful little prick (his (actually quite accurate) words, as yet, unreported to Foxy) such as me. In fact, I am a bit disappointed he lowered himself to come on here and have it out with me (and others - Deadbat included) when his output this season hasn't show his monetary and footballing worth and his and my team are rooted to the foot of the top flight, embarrassingly short of points, kudos and ability and staring a humiliating relegation back to the Championship. I'd have thought he'd be thinking, 'I understand what they mean, but fuck 'em. They're only fans. What do they know?' I certainly wouldn't lower myself to go into his turf and purposefully invite a toe to toe by calling him McPub to his face. First of all, why would I, and secondly, it's a long way to pointlessly drive and do a rather daft gesture. S24SU is 'my environment', Shirecliffe training ground and the professional game is his. Doing that would be akin to him seeking me out for such a confrontation, which I'd say is a bit ridiculous. I'm not after fisticuffs with anyone, let alone McBurnie. I just want him to perform well and score goals which win matches. If he's angry at me calling him McPub, he needs to understand why (and stop playing pub football .... last night he did just that) and furthermore what real opprobrium coming from all four sides of BDTBL sounds like when you've played like a bellend and your team is beaten. Ask any of the players from 2010-2017 (bar a few). He's got it easy at the moment. The only people on his case are in forums on the internet, not booing him off as he is subbed or off the pitch after 90 minutes an no shots on target. Like last night.

What's gonna happen then? Break everyone's noses?

pommpey

CB's - did fairly well but at times it was men v boys. Ampadu is one I'd love us to sign but he's working his ticket for me, just doing enough. Bryan has come on leaps and bounds, I take back my early criticism.

I could see Ampadu as Basham's long term replacement TBH. Once he got used to the LCB role he was getting forward more and more but unfortunately had to switch inside onto his right foot thus slowing the attack down. He wouldn't have this issue at RCB and I really could see him growing into the role.

He's blatantly not Top 4 standard so probably won't ever grace the Chelsea team on a regular basis so if he wants to progress his career he'll have to move on. Worth a cheeky bid in the summer if the budget is left after overhauling the midfield.

Either that or another season long loan with a view to buy.

In honesty, I'd trust that well-paid professional footballer, public figure and Premier League star Oliver McBurnie would have better things to do and more integrity than to bother himself much with breaking the nose of an insignificant keyboard warrior and disrespectful little prick (his (actually quite accurate) words, as yet, unreported to Foxy) such as me. In fact, I am a bit disappointed he lowered himself to come on here and have it out with me (and others - Deadbat included) when his output this season hasn't show his monetary and footballing worth and his and my team are rooted to the foot of the top flight, embarrassingly short of points, kudos and ability and staring a humiliating relegation back to the Championship. I'd have thought he'd be thinking, 'I understand what they mean, but fuck 'em. They're only fans. What do they know?' I certainly wouldn't lower myself to go into his turf and purposefully invite a toe to toe by calling him McPub to his face. First of all, why would I, and secondly, it's a long way to pointlessly drive and do a rather daft gesture. S24SU is 'my environment', Shirecliffe training ground and the professional game is his. Doing that would be akin to him seeking me out for such a confrontation, which I'd say is a bit ridiculous. I'm not after fisticuffs with anyone, let alone McBurnie. I just want him to perform well and score goals which win matches. If he's angry at me calling him McPub, he needs to understand why (and stop playing pub football .... last night he did just that) and furthermore what real opprobrium coming from all four sides of BDTBL sounds like when you've played like a bellend and your team is beaten. Ask any of the players from 2010-2017 (bar a few). He's got it easy at the moment. The only people on his case are in forums on the internet, not booing him off as he is subbed or off the pitch after 90 minutes an no shots on target. Like last night.

pommpey
McBurnie came on here and abused you and Deadbat? Christ.
When??

McBurnie came on here and abused you and Deadbat? Christ.
When??
It aint a biggy mate. And in fairness, what I'd dished out to him, his cut was possibly justified.

Deadbat I'd say doesn't deserve the slavver. His match reports are far far less choppy than mine.

But he can handle himself, I'm pretty sure. So can McPu ... McBurnie.

pommpey

pommpey
I’ll tell him.

BanderSerge innit ?

👍,

UTB

I could see Ampadu as Basham's long term replacement TBH. Once he got used to the LCB role he was getting forward more and more but unfortunately had to switch inside onto his right foot thus slowing the attack down. He wouldn't have this issue at RCB and I really could see him growing into the role.

He's blatantly not Top 4 standard so probably won't ever grace the Chelsea team on a regular basis so if he wants to progress his career he'll have to move on. Worth a cheeky bid in the summer if the budget is left after overhauling the midfield.

He has too many mistakes in him and hes not strong enough
Basham will be fine next season in the Championship
I wouldnt waste the money there are better Championship players out there for less than we would have to pay for Ampadu in wages and transfer fee

He hasn't convinced me but then again he's playing in one of the worst teams the Premier League has ever seen, so hard to judge!

Worth a punt if less than £10 million, maybe. I suspect Chelsea would be looking for a fair bit more given he's played regularly for us.

It aint a biggy mate. And in fairness, what I'd dished out to him, his cut was possibly justified.

Deadbat I'd say doesn't deserve the slavver. His match reports are far far less choppy than mine.

But he can handle himself, I'm pretty sure. So can McPu ... McBurnie.

pommpey

I just hope you don't get any trouble from his fan club.

Screenshot_20210301-175957_Twitter.jpg

He has too many mistakes in him and hes not strong enough
Basham will be fine next season in the Championship
I wouldnt waste the money there are better Championship players out there for less than we would have to pay for Ampadu in wages and transfer fee

Only my personal opinion fella. Yes Basham will be fine next season but what about the season after when we've hopefully bee promoted again?

I personally don't think he would take much adapting to the role but agree he does have a mistake in him. Whether it's him or someone else I would much rather they get used to the system in The Championship than The Prem.

Below are the teams in The Champ that played 3 at the back at the weekend and who played RCB.

Barnsley - Sollbauer
Millwall - Hutchison
QPR Dickie
Coventry - Ostigard
Stoke - Souttar
Luton - Pearson
Pigs - Urhoghide
Cardiff - Morrison
Huddersfield - Edmunds-Green
Rotherham - Harding
Swansea - Latibeaudiere
Bristol City - Vyner

Two things struck me when compiling that list.

1. I've no idea who and how good any of them are even having watched quite a lot of the EFL this season meaning they probably didn't stand out. Happy to be proved wrong though.

2. 12 out of 20 teams played with 3 at the back at the weekend with quite a few playing 3412. How many of them are trying to use our blueprint from a couple of years ago as really can't remember many teams playing with a 3 when we were last there?

He hasn't convinced me but then again he's playing in one of the worst teams the Premier League has ever seen, so hard to judge!

Worth a punt if less than £10 million, maybe. I suspect Chelsea would be looking for a fair bit more given he's played regularly for us.

That's exactly how I see it. I certainly wouldn't blow the budget on him but there's definitely a player in there and maybe a step down a division in a, hopefully, winning team might allow him to reach his full potential.

Bladesballer

If its not him it's his father or brother.
Look at his posting history, it's only about McBurnie or Tammy Abraham, who he played with at Swansea.
He also joined this forum the week he signed for us.

Bert thinks it is McBurnie himself.
Then I’ll tell em both 😀.

UTB

Bladesballer

If its not him it's his father or brother.
Look at his posting history, it's only about McBurnie or Tammy Abraham, who he played with at Swansea.
He also joined this forum the week he signed for us.

Bert thinks it is McBurnie himself.
What shall we call you here on in , Serpico ,Columbo ,Ironside ?

pommpey

last

pommpey

As always, thanks for the read. Marked a tad high IMO, but hey that's what opinions are about.
As for the abuse, and your reaction. I think you've done well to last this long without blowing up. Some 'people' simply come to your threads to bait you, as quite clearly, they don't have the intelligence or humour to debate properly. They just need to fuck off with Wankstrum and Norwank.

Everytime a take a few days out I seem to miss some drama, McPub has been on here and had a go?? About time he showed some fight, no doubt he missed a fucking sitter though.

Anyway, Wed night will be interesting...or very painful!!

UTB

The much maligned and slightly old fashioned Football Heaven seems to have a significant edge over this site, as it allows both praise and grumbles in equal measure. All this without questioning a persons sanity or parentage.

Only my personal opinion fella. Yes Basham will be fine next season but what about the season after when we've hopefully bee promoted again?

I personally don't think he would take much adapting to the role but agree he does have a mistake in him. Whether it's him or someone else I would much rather they get used to the system in The Championship than The Prem.

Below are the teams in The Champ that played 3 at the back at the weekend and who played RCB.

Barnsley - Sollbauer
Millwall - Hutchison
QPR Dickie
Coventry - Ostigard
Stoke - Souttar
Luton - Pearson
Pigs - Urhoghide
Cardiff - Morrison
Huddersfield - Edmunds-Green
Rotherham - Harding
Swansea - Latibeaudiere
Bristol City - Vyner

Two things struck me when compiling that list.

1. I've no idea who and how good any of them are even having watched quite a lot of the EFL this season meaning they probably didn't stand out. Happy to be proved wrong though.

2. 12 out of 20 teams played with 3 at the back at the weekend with quite a few playing 3412. How many of them are trying to use our blueprint from a couple of years ago as really can't remember many teams playing with a 3 when we were last there?
That's a really good point, I noticed that a couple of them did when checking the line ups. Had no idea it was as many as 12 though. I can remember plenty of teams matching up our formation in the championship, but can't recall many that regularly played that way. Probably no more than 3-4 teams.

Back
Top Bottom