My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Very magnanimous of you to acknowledge hes a 'good manager'. Through gritted teeth obviously, but fair play.
Were we absolutely wank and had 2 points before January?
Could you admit that through gritted teeth or are we pretending that didn't happen?
We've only got 11 points now for fuck's sake, it's not like he's won the fucking Champions league in the last few weeks.

No, you're right, he's not won the champions league (with Sheffield United!) so how could anyone think hes any better than 'a good manager'.

Revisionists alive and well on here

I haven’t got owt else better to do at 12 o’clock and by the looks of it neither have you. And to be honest you are far too entertaining to do anything else. You have genuinely made my night I don’t usually read your takes but I am going to make an effort to do so in future.
Great entertainment, bravo.
Robbo, entertainment is the thing with Pommps, which is why I read his My Takes, and some of the replies. For many years me and Esteemed Forgeblade have sat and stood on the kop talking bollocks to each other and anybody else who would listen. I know nothing about tactics, substitutions or whatever, but I go to BDTBL to be entertained, on and off the pitch. In normal times, when United are playing shit, there's often far funnier and more interesting "episodes" happening to and with the people where we stand/sit. This can also happen when we're playing well!
For me, Pommpey provides his own views of what's happened and why. I'm not up his arse and don't always agree with him, but he entertains me in the way that some people have done over the years with their own kop routines, comments and "assessments", often fuelled, like mine are, with a pint or two of decent ale! I think he's quite "tongue in cheek " but some people don't get this and take him too seriously, hence all the backwards forwards shite that happens in some of his threads.
If you read this Pommpey, just carry on mate, because like I said before you write well, and I need the laughs!!!🤣🤣🤣

No, you're right, he's not won the champions league (with Sheffield United!) so how could anyone think hes any better than 'a good manager'.

Revisionists alive and well on here
What about the part where he was an absolute fucking wet wipe in his interviews talking about how good everyone but his own team is?

Or when he let Championship players run his club and decide whether they wanted to put a bit of effort in or not?

He's had a fucking shocker. Just because the players have had a change of heart between them and we've had a few wins, it doesn't mean Wilder is the Messiah again.

Calm down, everyone. I don't agree with all pommpey 's marks for last night - and there's some podcast tonight that will allow me to explain my scores - but imagine this. After the game, we're all in the pub, and we're all sharing our opinions on what we've just watched. We will all have different opinions, but by golly, some of the opinions shared will give us all a good chuckle, and that is the same whether we've won, drawn or lost. Indeed, there's usually more humour involved after a defeat.

In other words, read these posts as if you're all in a pub together, fellow Blades, either moaning like fuck, or we are outrageously optimistic and happy.
Totally agree Greenwich. Too many taking it all too seriously and not laughing enough. God, I miss the pub!!!

What about the part where he was an absolute fucking wet wipe in his interviews talking about how good everyone but his own team is?

Or when he let Championship players run his club and decide whether they wanted to put a bit of effort in or not?

He's had a fucking shocker. Just because the players have had a change of heart between them and we've had a few wins, it doesn't mean Wilder is

He's had a fucking shocker. Just because the players have had a change of heart between them and we've had a few wins, it doesn't mean Wilder is the Messiah again.
Ok, you're way too angry clearly so I'll leave you to work through that.

Happy to agree to disagree, hope that helps.

Ok, you're way too angry clearly so I'll leave you to work through that.

Happy to agree to disagree, hope that helps.
Can't believe you're gaslighting me 😆

Robbo, entertainment is the thing with Pommps, which is why I read his My Takes, and some of the replies. For many years me and Esteemed Forgeblade have sat and stood on the kop talking bollocks to each other and anybody else who would listen. I know nothing about tactics, substitutions or whatever, but I go to BDTBL to be entertained, on and off the pitch. In normal times, when United are playing shit, there's often far funnier and more interesting "episodes" happening to and with the people where we stand/sit. This can also happen when we're playing well!
For me, Pommpey provides his own views of what's happened and why. I'm not up his arse and don't always agree with him, but he entertains me in the way that some people have done over the years with their own kop routines, comments and "assessments", often fuelled, like mine are, with a pint or two of decent ale! I think he's quite "tongue in cheek " but some people don't get this and take him too seriously, hence all the backwards forwards shite that happens in some of his threads.
If you read this Pommpey, just carry on mate, because like I said before you write well, and I need the laughs!!!🤣🤣🤣
Ass kisser! Haha

It's all turned a bit sour on this thread. Any chance it can be taken down a notch? We're all Blades here aren't we?

Pommpey posts a verbatious off the wall summary as his take. That's exactly what it is. He's not auditioning for Henry Winter's job.

Deadbat produces a more traditional match report and the two go hand in hand. Add in Roy's view from and there should be enough to please everyone.

I don't agree with a couple of the takes from this week on say Norwood and McBurnie. I'm ok with that. I don't think it makes Pommpey a clown because he might have weighted something differently.

Norwood's entire first half contribution, which was arguably fine, is overshadowed by him neshing a challenge which cost a goal. Depends how much you weight that. The change to 3-4-1-2, which McBurnie facilitated made some difference. That doesn't mean that McBurnie automatically had such a stormer, he himself was single-handedly responsible for the upturn in result. I would have marked Norwood a 5.5 due to the impact of his error and McBurnie as 7, but each to their own.

I think I've met Pommpey before in Trinidad and Tobago, briefly on the post season trip under Warnock.

What I recall, aside from the fact he is/was one of those serving in Her Majesty's Navy and therefore along with all the armed forces, someone who does a duty for all of us, was that he is a good humoured, larger than life Unitedite.

There's an ignore button. If you can't abide someone it's there.

Disagree, discuss, I just don't see the need when things like mental health are all the more important that someone should get such pelters for talking the time to generate interest in our beloved Blades.

UTB

Calm down, everyone. I don't agree with all pommpey 's marks for last night - and there's some podcast tonight that will allow me to explain my scores - but imagine this. After the game, we're all in the pub, and we're all sharing our opinions on what we've just watched. We will all have different opinions, but by golly, some of the opinions shared will give us all a good chuckle, and that is the same whether we've won, drawn or lost. Indeed, there's usually more humour involved after a defeat.

In other words, read these posts as if you're all in a pub together, fellow Blades, either moaning like fuck, or we are outrageously optimistic and happy.
A valid lesson for dealing with everything you read on social media. There's just no need to be so angry about an opinion you disagree with.

A valid lesson for dealing with everything you read on social media. There's just no need to be so angry about an opinion you disagree with.

In many cases, it isn't 'the opinion' people are angry with, it's the opinionator.

I've met about twenty or so people in the online Blades community in the 26 years I have been posting, from being (the original) 'Pompey Blade' on SUISA to being 'pommpey' on here and I can't think of anyone I have disliked, ever. I've never met Deadbat, Roy, Beans or others who artfully craft the blogs and even if I disagree with what they've said, it's no reason to get tearful and needing a nap about it. Full marks to them, say I.

Yet people address things like 'My take ... ' as if it is a personal, targeted assault on their own family, something which slanders them personally or spreads malicious lies or incitement to violence or defamation. All I'm doing is give my personal account on how I saw the game and flavouring it with some lavatorial asides, in a magnitude that wouldn't be out of place on the terraces or pub anyway, and inviting people to contribute for or against and if possible, give the whys and wherefores of their experience. People take the critique of players as if they themselves are related to the players, or in some cases, as though they are the players themselves. As much as I have been on Norwood's back for ages, I give him credit enough to have the professional integrity to see things as they are (if he ever deigned to read my shit) and consider it a small fraction of what he'd get if all four sides of the ground were full, and even then, simply the rantings of a fat know-nowt who has never ever had (and never will have) the gifted talents that he has to play football at the top level and internationally. That's the context. That's what this place exists for, and especially during these mean months of social isolation.

Anyway, 'My take ... ' will be less so next season, because I won't see so many games and hopefully my own critics can themselves gift us with their own outlook on the match, with shit, genitals and lavatory allegories aplenty.

pommpey

What I recall, aside from the fact he is/was one of those serving in Her Majesty's Navy and therefore along with all the armed forces, someone who does a duty for all of us, was that he is a good humoured, larger than life Unitedite
He cant be doing much in his role in HM Forces hes always posting crap on here

I reckon the angry mob will probably have thrown an empty pint glass at their computer/phone/tablet screen based on your advice.

In many cases, it isn't 'the opinion' people are angry with, it's the opinionator.

I've met about twenty or so people in the online Blades community in the 26 years I have been posting, from being (the original) 'Pompey Blade' on SUISA to being 'pommpey' on here and I can't think of anyone I have disliked, ever. I've never met Deadbat, Roy, Beans or others who artfully craft the blogs and even if I disagree with what they've said, it's no reason to get tearful and needing a nap about it. Full marks to them, say I.

Yet people address things like 'My take ... ' as if it is a personal, targeted assault on their own family, something which slanders them personally or spreads malicious lies or incitement to violence or defamation. All I'm doing is give my personal account on how I saw the game and flavouring it with some lavatorial asides, in a magnitude that wouldn't be out of place on the terraces or pub anyway, and inviting people to contribute for or against and if possible, give the whys and wherefores of their experience. People take the critique of players as if they themselves are related to the players, or in some cases, as though they are the players themselves. As much as I have been on Norwood's back for ages, I give him credit enough to have the professional integrity to see things as they are (if he ever deigned to read my shit) and consider it a small fraction of what he'd get if all four sides of the ground were full, and even then, simply the rantings of a fat know-nowt who has never ever had (and never will have) the gifted talents that he has to play football at the top level and internationally. That's the context. That's what this place exists for, and especially during these mean months of social isolation.

Anyway, 'My take ... ' will be less so next season, because I won't see so many games and hopefully my own critics can themselves gift us with their own outlook on the match, with shit, genitals and lavatory allegories aplenty.

pommpey
Even if I disagree with you I root for you because I think the amount you wind people up is incredible. It's hilarious.

It's all turned a bit sour on this thread. Any chance it can be taken down a notch? We're all Blades here aren't we?

Pommpey posts a verbatious off the wall summary as his take. That's exactly what it is. He's not auditioning for Henry Winter's job.

Deadbat produces a more traditional match report and the two go hand in hand. Add in Roy's view from and there should be enough to please everyone.

I don't agree with a couple of the takes from this week on say Norwood and McBurnie. I'm ok with that. I don't think it makes Pommpey a clown because he might have weighted something differently.

Norwood's entire first half contribution, which was arguably fine, is overshadowed by him neshing a challenge which cost a goal. Depends how much you weight that. The change to 3-4-1-2, which McBurnie facilitated made some difference. That doesn't mean that McBurnie automatically had such a stormer, he himself was single-handedly responsible for the upturn in result. I would have marked Norwood a 5.5 due to the impact of his error and McBurnie as 7, but each to their own.

I think I've met Pommpey before in Trinidad and Tobago, briefly on the post season trip under Warnock.

What I recall, aside from the fact he is/was one of those serving in Her Majesty's Navy and therefore along with all the armed forces, someone who does a duty for all of us, was that he is a good humoured, larger than life Unitedite.

There's an ignore button. If you can't abide someone it's there.

Disagree, discuss, I just don't see the need when things like mental health are all the more important that someone should get such pelters for talking the time to generate interest in our beloved Blades.

UTB
You got a 'like' rather than a 'love' for this post cos mate...................."We are all Blades aren't we" = Noooooooooooo! Stop with this, it's a pigs thing. We are better than that :)

Anyway, excellent points you make there. There are some major differences, though, between on-line and in the flesh differences of opinion. Keyboard warriors more often are the type of people who wouldn't say boo to a goose in the flesh. If some of the things I have read on-line were said face to face in the pub, there would be a few bloody noses........ or at least there would have been a few years ago before we all became so precious.

I try really hard to get my point across on here but avoid personal conflict if I can because, to be honest, I can't handle it. I'm very much a 'sort things out' person. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm rock hard or owt - I've had a good few seconds in my life, but well, i'd rather sort things out face to face than do battle over a keyboard where I'd get myself all wound up and boiling over - as you say, not good for the mental health🤙

Ass kisser! Haha
Why do you say that? Is it not possible now to like and enjoy what someone writes (and I don't agree with some of his comments) without daft comments like this? I like Deadbat's threads too, in fact I'm fine with a lot of stuff on here. If I think I won't like it, I scroll through and don't read it. So I don't feel the need to post quality responses like your 13 letters and one punctuation mark.
It's all a matter of opinion. I've explained why I like reading what I do on here. I like reading books by a number of authors and will happily chat to people about why I like them. Does that make me an "Ass kisser! Haha" of them? Likewise any number of nice beers - admitting that I buy and like them is "ass kissing" the brewer?
Your turn now.

For the insight and know how to come up with the utterly brilliant (of course tongue in cheek) “McPub”, and it’s overly gratuitous use in reports, my cap be suitably doffed sire 😂😂.

Don’t we all need a bit of a laugh in this moment (even if it’s at ourselves) ??

UTB.

pommpey

I think the problem in a COVID world is that fans aren't going to grounds pissed up, having a laugh and seeing like 60% of what is happening on the pitch but instead are sat at home watching it on any device from a phone up. There's not that post match drink or crowd to celebrate are complain with. But fans still have their own opinions and biases about players. They still have their own version 'of events' and the only place to defend that is here (or in some horrific FB group). The steam gets let off here instead of elsewhere.

Why do you say that? Is it not possible now to like and enjoy what someone writes (and I don't agree with some of his comments) without daft comments like this? I like Deadbat's threads too, in fact I'm fine with a lot of stuff on here. If I think I won't like it, I scroll through and don't read it. So I don't feel the need to post quality responses like your 13 letters and one punctuation mark.
It's all a matter of opinion. I've explained why I like reading what I do on here. I like reading books by a number of authors and will happily chat to people about why I like them. Does that make me an "Ass kisser! Haha" of them? Likewise any number of nice beers - admitting that I buy and like them is "ass kissing" the brewer?
Your turn now.
It was tongue in cheek... obviously!

Back
Top Bottom