My take

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And why was Luke Freeman signed to hardly be played ? Why was Robinson the winger signed ? Why was the other Robinson signed if he's no better than Enda being moved to LCB ? Why was Osbourne signed but hardly played ? Sorry but I have nothing but questions over our recruitment since we left the Championship.

I hope we don't see some cheque being dangled for JoC , unless it's enough for his own replacement plus 3 first teamers , because he ain't gonna stay with us if he's got England ambitions

The aggressive training regime is is too high powered for 3 competitive matches in 6 days.

Prepare for that important game on Sunday. Send them over the Royal Marine Commando assault course. Any survivors get a starting berth.

Im sure like many others I've been on a high for four years and it feels like it's just come çrashing down. Can't read any reports or listen to football discussion on radio or tv. Avoiding social media.

I was hoping to watch lots of football on Tv as I recover from a hopefully successful heart bypass operation ( not had yet ) but looks like I'll be looking for other distractions. I'm already thinking negatively about next season

This season has turned to shite, or we've had three poor performances... Up to you how you see things.

Nobody expected us to win last night, it's hard with the full team all fit, missing the key players what did we expect..

Let's take a positive, were getting a reality check on some of our weaknesses, Wilders comment that we have to all be bang at it for all the game is actually proving to be true, because one slip and they're in on goal at this level, anything less than 100% from every player we can't hit the standard needed for this division..

So the positive, were getting the reality check we may have got at the beginning of next season whilst sitting perfectly safe from relegation... It's ok to see the weaknesses but we must learn from them, in my mind this is good for the team, an early wake up call for next season ?

Yeah I guess you're right. Mousset's done nothing outside of contributing to 3 points against Arsenal, 3 points against Burnley, a point at Wolves, a point against Man Utd...

McBurnie too, I guess he didn't contribute to a win at home to West Ham, or away to Brighton, or a draw at home to Man Utd.

Without these points, we're in a relegation battle instead of the top 10 in our first season in the Premier League in 12 years. But nah, I guess you're right pommpey . They've both been "abject failures."

Let's scrap the system that's got us into this lofty position.
Let's get rid of all of the new signings. Not good enough. Wilder too whilst we're at it. We've only taken 1 point from our last 3 away games.
It's not good enough. Get rid of the lot of them. Young Berge, he can go first, how dare he not be class after 10 games. The shithouse.

Captain Blade can do one as well. He's been on his last legs for years now.

Get rid. Sack the manager. Sack the board. Not competing with Man Utd? Not good enough.Screenshot_20200625_100032.jpg

Last edited:
Firstly, we have been fortunate with injuries in Wilder's time.

This sums up the regular season, not this de-caffeinated, coke zero excuse for summer football which is just being played in order to give a semblance of legitimacy to the final league positions.

The OP is right to a degree with some of those criticisms. Three games - such as they are - have been played now, we've been dreadful, and if anything it allows us all to re-calibrate our expectations of where this side might be next season.

McBurnie has been a relative success amongst this season's signings, he offers more than goals, his defensive stats for example have been good and our advanced league position is based on that.

Every game that passes where Berge looks pedestrian, though, is another one where I think it's not likely to change. I'm prepared to wait till into next season for him to be the player his fans say he is, but I'd like to see some evidence he's capable of it. He'd probably look better at centre half.

It’s gone wrong for us since the break, all the players look knackered and way off the pace and intensity of the PL, but don’t just dismiss this fantastic season so easily which left us safe with 10 games still to play, fabulous achievement
Planning now really starts for next season, we need pace up front, breaking from midfield and creativity for us to take a step up into next season
Also it’s not said very often by pundits, but when we play top 6 sides like last night we are up against a squad that cost 600 million, if they need a new player, just go out and buy the best they can find at 70 million, very easy for the big clubs in that respect and at times very difficult for us to compete with world class players if they are playing at the top of their game
Just a bit of perspective, that’s all

Think it's unfair to say we're in our league position by good fortune.

We worked for every one of our Pre-Corona points! Everything we got we earned by ourunning, outworking and just simply having more desire in individual battles.

The reason we're struggling now is because all of the above has disappeared, we obviously lack self-motivation and rely on adrenaline & fan support ahead of actual quality.

Not a bad thing if you think about it considering football is usually played with fans.

I think it’s all down to how important O’Connell is to the team and system , don’t like the term ‘one man team’ but it’s looking like we are

Back
Top Bottom