Moving the club forward

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Scooter_mcgavin

Reaction score
We're not the richest club by any means so I'm thinking of ways we can become more commercially appealing. We've already taken in the hearts of many worldwide with our approach this season and perhaps are many people's 'second team'.

I think we can capitalise on our current position both commercially and financially if we were to look a little closer to home during the transfer window.

Our Ladies team are in a title battle, having a smashing season. Katie Wilkinson had banged 13 goals in, in an 8 game period. We don't have anyone that can touch this in the mens team. Could it be worthwhile promoting her to the mens game? I'm not saying we play her, but perhaps put her on the bench.

We need to take Sheffield United and British football into 2020 and what better way than to be the first Premier League club to field a female player? This would give us an opportunity to increase our female fanbase worldwide and perhaps access female related sponsorship deals.

The first club to use floodlights could also be the first club to have unisex changing rooms.

It's win win for me and something Chris and the Prince should be thinking about.

We need to take Sheffield United and British football into 2020 and what better way than to be the first Premier League club to field a female player?

Are you really that bored today, that lighting the blue touchpaper and standing back looks like a great thing to do?

As I'm sure you well know the FA/UEFA/FIFA don't allow mixed football beyond 18.

Are you really that bored today, that lighting the blue touchpaper and standing back looks like a great thing to do?

As I'm sure you well know the FA/UEFA/FIFA don't allow mixed football beyond 18.

I'm sure Perugia signed a female player some decade or so back.

Also I'd guess.everyone reading this board is bored...or they'd be doing something else.

Last edited:
We're not the richest club by any means so I'm thinking of ways we can become more commercially appealing. We've already taken in the hearts of many worldwide with our approach this season and perhaps are many people's 'second team'.

I think we can capitalise on our current position both commercially and financially if we were to look a little closer to home during the transfer window.

Our Ladies team are in a title battle, having a smashing season. Katie Wilkinson had banged 13 goals in, in an 8 game period. We don't have anyone that can touch this in the mens team. Could it be worthwhile promoting her to the mens game? I'm not saying we play her, but perhaps put her on the bench.

We need to take Sheffield United and British football into 2020 and what better way than to be the first Premier League club to field a female player? This would give us an opportunity to increase our female fanbase worldwide and perhaps access female related sponsorship deals.

The first club to use floodlights could also be the first club to have unisex changing rooms.

It's win win for me and something Chris and the Prince should be thinking about.

Unisex changing rooms? Suspect you’re on the wind up? Think the risk is we could become a laughing stock. Don’t believe there a world wide paying fan base for the women’s game....even with heavy promotion and advertising of the women’s game generally gates and income is less than top end non league level.

Regards changing rooms....I’m playing devils advocate here but you often here the argument why should a straight man feel uncomfortable being in a changing with gay footballers. They are hardly going to jump on you in the showers......however using that logic then should men or women feel uncomfortable in a unisex changing room?

Like the title of your post though......we DO need to consider all options....even radical ones regards how we move the club forward.

Last edited:
I think we should become the first Premier League side to field a dead person, I have always wished I could have seen a team containing Billy Gillespie or Jimmy Hagan.

Hoddle and Eileen Drewery could be brought in to conduct the press conference

I think we should become the first Premier League side to field a dead person, I have always wished I could have seen a team containing Billy Gillespie or Jimmy Hagan.

Now you've just taken the concept too far.

I think we should be the first football team to field a rabbit. It'd be another great first for United.

Didn’t work out too well when we tried it in League 1 with Dean Hammond. All that work that went unseen was in fact due to him being a phantom. The only people who appreciated his talents were Derek Acorah & the lad out of Sixth Sense.

Let's sign O'Connell's missus so they can get down to Doing It in the unisexual changing rooms. Wilder 'n' Knilly could offer coaching expertise from the sidelines ("Go on, son - bit more dribbling around the box") and if O'Connell starts to flag towards the end we could always bring Jags on to see it out.

Let's sign O'Connell's missus so they can get down to Doing It in the unisexual changing rooms. Wilder 'n' Knilly could offer coaching expertise from the sidelines ("Go on, son - bit more dribbling around the box") and if O'Connell starts to flag towards the end we could always bring Jags on to see it out.
I think that's a little too far, but I admire your enthusiasm for the idea.

Don't be too hard on him, it's 2020 ffs! Times and attitudes change and evolve, I'm with him a female in the squad would put us on the world stage (it would help if she was really fit).

Back
Top Bottom