Movement.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it - people on here clamour for insights on potential transfers then dismiss it and criticise the poster when they receive it.

Same thing happened with a few people on Twitter.
Yeah not saying it's definitive and this is happening but I might as well put out what I hear. If I get it wrong then oh well, just don't hang on my every word, if I get it right, still don't hang on my every word. Football is a quickly moving business and things change so what could be right one minute could be wrong the next.

Keep going.mate. I come on here to read about rumours....hence the name rumour.mill.

What I object to is the tread hijackers with their purile in jokes and vendettas that clog up threads and make it difficult to see the rumours!

I don't get it - people on here clamour for insights on potential transfers then dismiss it and criticise the poster when they receive it.

Same thing happened with a few people on Twitter.

Quite simple - if you don't want it, don't read it or just ignore it.

You may want to read about Burn, Tafazolli and Rivers in the pink Blades shirt but the non-believers should be banned from commenting?

Didn't find out about him but we are keeping tabs on the majority of last season's loan signings so wouldn't rule him out
Henderson - good
Dowell - ok would probably have to be a signing rather than loan though.
Hogan - would have to be a bargain, just not seen enough to give me Championship hope let alone Prem.
Madine - come on Neil surely you need him to mount your challenge on the Champs (that's a huge no from me).

Man U want to sort out new deal before offloading again like last season. This would probably mean Blades have to spend more to get him as well after this new deal
Without pissing Man u off, this shouldn't cost us too much; it's good for Man u (they get to see how he holds up in a busy Prem team), it's the best thing for Henderson -first choice at a Prem team, it's OK for United he's our first choice but there are other players out there.

[These comments aren't directed at Calblade, I'm just commenting on these situations.]

You may want to read about Burn, Tafazolli and Rivers in the pink Blades shirt but the non-believers should be banned from commenting?

Of course you're free to do exactly as you wish EC. Personally, I don't think those who volunteer information on potential signings on here in good faith should be criticised. Of course, football recruitment is fast moving and fluid as is therefore liable to change. I don't see any harm in jovial joshing whenever that happens but more than that is likely to push those posters away.

Henderson - good
Dowell - ok would probably have to be a signing rather than loan though.
Hogan - would have to be a bargain, just not seen enough to give me Championship hope let alone Prem.
Madine - come on Neil surely you need him to mount your challenge on the Champs (that's a huge no from me).

Without pissing Man u off, this shouldn't cost us too much; it's good for Man u (they get to see how he holds up in a busy Prem team), it's the best thing for Henderson -first choice at a Prem team, it's OK for United he's our first choice but there are other players out there.

[These comments aren't directed at Calblade, I'm just commenting on these situations.]
Just giving my opinions now:
Hendo - Great prospect and would benefit from another loan here next season.
Dowell - Did decent, not sparkling but can tell there's talent in the lad. Would certainly sign him for 3/4 mil
Hogan - Would like to see how he would do with a full pre season here. Offers something different up top than what we have. Again, around 3/4 mil I probably would take a chance.
Madine - Good option off the bench, potentially going for him if we don't get McBurnie
Johnson - No, just no.

Said I was wrong about Burn but we did agree a fee for Tafazolli but way apart from what Wilder wanted to pay personal terms, which is why he went to Peterborough. We watched Rivers after his FA Cup exploits, never said we'd sign him. And Pink shirt I said wasn't same source so take with a pinch of salt. If you're annoyed with people passing on information and rumours then this is probably the wrong area of the forum for you.

Just giving my opinions now:
Hendo - Great prospect and would benefit from another loan here next season.
Dowell - Did decent, not sparkling but can tell there's talent in the lad. Would certainly sign him for 3/4 mil
Hogan - Would like to see how he would do with a full pre season here. Offers something different up top than what we have. Again, around 3/4 mil I probably would take a chance.
Madine - Good option off the bench, potentially going for him if we don't get McBurnie
Johnson - No, just no.

Hogans all round play and awareness was severely lacking. He’s quick but doesn’t have the soles of thought to capitalise.

You’re not ‘commenting’ you’re shithousing him.

No one is saying anyone should be banned.

If you want to dig posters out, why not concentrate on the numerous pigs on here? They’re popping up like floating turds in a Glastonbury toilet.

Of course you're free to do exactly as you wish EC. Personally, I don't think those who volunteer information on potential signings on here in good faith should be criticised. Of course, football recruitment is fast moving and fluid as is therefore liable to change. I don't see any harm in jovial joshing whenever that happens but more than that is likely to push those posters away.

It’s the idiots who hang on every NITFK bollocks they hear and lambast our own club if we do or don’t act on a rumour we haven’t created or fail to sign a player in whom we aren’t actually interested, who will attract an adverse reaction from me.

Hogans all round play and awareness was severely lacking. He’s quick but doesn’t have the soles of thought to capitalise.
I disagree to an extent, strikers learn the kind of passes and crosses they get from their team mates from there. Think he made intelligent runs and that pace is something we are significantly lacking and something which is needed in the PL

To be fair to Hogan, he only played in 8 games for us last season (scoring twice) & only played in 14 games total. Can't really pass a proper judgement on him from what we saw IMO. The way we play is so niche, he won't have played in anything like it before.

Give him some time to learn the system & give him some proper game time and I'm sure he would score goals for us.

If he's available for a good price, I'd be happy taking him back.

I disagree to an extent, strikers learn the kind of passes and crosses they get from their team mates from there. Think he made intelligent runs and that pace is something we are significantly lacking and something which is needed in the PL

I would say that he didn't get a consistent run in the team but when he did play I was not blown away... unfortunately I think this is the type pf pond we are in and will have to cut our cloth accordingly. If he had Billy's brain an positional sense though... wow!

You’re not ‘commenting’ you’re shithousing him.

If you want to dig posters out, why not concentrate on the numerous pigs on here? They’re popping up like floating turds in a Glastonbury toilet.

Agreed, they’ll be on the wind up next season and we need to keep together during the rocky spells.

I would say that he didn't get a consistent run in the team but when he did play I was not blown away... unfortunately I think this is the type pf pond we are in and will have to cut our cloth accordingly. If he had Billy's brain an positional sense though... wow!
As SBS said, we have a unique way of playing which he won't have ever played like before, give him time to learn the system and the teammates he'd be playing with and I think we could have a very capable striker. There's certainly worse out there.

He'd get some attention in his pink away kit:

Calblade

Joined Jul 24, 2014 Messages 180 Reaction score 163

Jul 22, 2015

I was told pink but not from my usual source as he's on holiday so this may not be reliable just saying what come out of the horse's mouth.
Calblade

Joined Jul 24, 2014 Messages 180 Reaction score 163

Jul 19, 2015

I can confirm that the away kit will have pink in it, whether that is a main colour with secondary, secondary colour with main or just a single main colour I cannot confirm. The away kit will be released the week commencing 27th. I was told that will be when the kit will be released or able to purchase. But someone else said 31st July the Friday of that week so it will definitely be released week commencing 27th July or Friday 31st that same week.

I obviously take this forum very seriously, but there was a brief one-off spell that for a bit of a laugh I thought it would be entertaining to suggest it was a pink kit, with this spoiler a few days before the quoted messages. I would hate to think that I was the source for that sort of ITK confusion: https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/away-kit.40452/page-2#post-779443

I obviously take this forum very seriously, but there was a brief one-off spell that for a bit of a laugh I thought it would be entertaining to suggest it was a pink kit, with this spoiler a few days before the quoted messages. I would hate to think that I was the source for that sort of ITK confusion: https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/away-kit.40452/page-2#post-779443
Nah mate, I'll not let you get hounded😉I worked in club shop and it was after I left but asked someone who I used to work with which is why I said not same source. But I'll let ya have it if ya want :)

This is the best part 😜

Until this post season I'd have agreed with you. There is a lot of pressure on Solskjaer to change the culture at Man U from paying big fees and wages to underperforming galacticos and to give youth a chance. His jobs on the line and one way to keep the fans inside is to blood some youngsters.and give.himself some time.

Out of all the youngsters they've got Id argue Hendo must be in the top 2 or 3 likely to be played...especially if De Gea goes.

A question for you, do you think he'll loan Dan James out or use him. If its the latter why wont he use Hendo who had a much better season in the championship than James did. Only.one reason for.me.and that's if he cant get rid of.DeGea.
Dan James will get minutes. It looks like Rashford will be first choice striker and Martial first choice LW. I would assume James will be behind Martial.

Henderson will be behind De Gea and Romero. If they were to sell De Gea and started the season with Henderson or Romero as No 1 there would be outrage from the Man U fans.

The only way Henderson will be Man Utd's No 2 next season is if they sell Romero, I haven't seen any evidence/rumors of that happening, so I assume Henderson will be loaned out

I'll be honest, I find people who hang on every word of people like Nixon, or badger posters on here for info because they've claimed they get to know bits, a little desperate tbf.

Nonetheless this board is called rumour mill for a reason and as said above, football is fast moving and things change. Also people within the game aren't always honest about potential deals or interest that dont come off.

I do find it a bit sad that a few are desperate to prove people wrong who give bits of info on here. You're not forced to believe it.

I know a player who failed a medical at the Lane and because someone at the club in interview said we hadn't been interested, many couldn't comprehend that that comment may have been to protect the player. Oh no, the rumour just had to be made up bollocks.

It's like a cult with a few.

Re-posting shit that he has come out with previously = shithousing.
Trawling through his posts to pick out the bad ones to make him look a cunt is shithousing.

You didn’t quote this one

Hi there,
I'm Callum from Sheffield Sports Commentaries. @Ssportscomms on Twitter if anyone would like to follow us. Myself and 3 others provide live commentary to partially sighted Blades fans in the ground and to people in the Sheffield Hospitals. If you know anyone who would benefit from our service or want more information, then don't hesitate to contact me through private message on here, our Twitter page, or my personal twitter @CallumCheswick. Cheers!

Relax. There will soon be movement. ;)

8137orSpMKL._SY355_.jpg

Trawling through his posts to pick out the bad ones to make him look a cunt is shithousing.

You didn’t quote this one

Hi there,
I'm Callum from Sheffield Sports Commentaries. @Ssportscomms on Twitter if anyone would like to follow us. Myself and 3 others provide live commentary to partially sighted Blades fans in the ground and to people in the Sheffield Hospitals. If you know anyone who would benefit from our service or want more information, then don't hesitate to contact me through private message on here, our Twitter page, or my personal twitter @CallumCheswick. Cheers!

I love that Twitter feed. Followed his personal feed too. Nice one Calblade.

[/QUOTE]

That's the problem, I get called a pig all the time, not worried about it, it's water off a ducks back.

It usually starts with a sarcastic comment from me, half joking half serious but usually fairly harmless. Comments like "We'll be able to pick up players VERY CHEAPLY from lower placed clubs now" and "They have to sell to us for next to nowt, we're in a higher League than them" and "Our stadium isn't completely redeveloped, the kop is like a cowshed built on a slag heap" "The boardroom at United has always been shit"
Someone objects
I defend it, laugh and add a bit more.
Someone else objects and throws in the word pig.
I say "Yeah, Yeah, whatever"
Half a dozen outraged souls seeing the word pig have a meltdown, their pea sized brains can't take it, so they throw in some abuse for good measure.
I defend my comments again and give some abuse back.
Before long a dozen more who haven't even read any of the thread jump in with the pig, pig, pig comments and then start adding lies, like I've been slagging Wilder off and I've targeted individual players.
So I eventually leave the thread alone.
But then, to try to continue the argument the comments continue with the words "I've disappeared because I'm a wanker and a pig who knows he's wrong"

It's pathetic, so I'm going to do my bit by agreeing with everyone and being the happiest happy clapper of all time from now on regardless of what they say. Every comment I take the time to read will get a like. That'll be fun won't it, all Blades together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom