Most Iconic Sheffield United goal?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Most Iconic Sheffield United goal?

• Total voters

And he was my man of the match, gave away brownys free kick then it deflected off him for the goal, the own goal and who did kabba flick the ball over for his sumptuous finish? Des walker!
He must have hated us that night!! 😂
2 for the old timers mick jones header against man utd boxing day 66 and tcs 25 yard low drive against leeds 70 of the modern era has to be peschis goal against florist in play off semi

Curry against West Ham without a doubt ,and I wasn’t even born.

Yeah that was such a goal, I was born, I regularly watched TC in the 70s, he was my hero, that could have poss got my vote. But Duff's goal, in those circumstances, back in la liga after 6 years in the pub league, against that lot, is the epitome of iconic for me.

Gotta be Duffy.

Honorable mention for James Wilson vs Oxford. We didn't know it at the time, but magic was happening. I've also just noticed Ramsdale was on the bench that day.

Dellas at home to Portsmouth. Gets further out everytime I speak to someone about it.
Has anyone got a clip of this? It would have been covered as I remember seeing it at the time as I wasn’t at the game. I can’t find it on You Tube but the footage must exist. What a brilliant strike!

I am surprised that no one has mentioned

Alan Cork against the grunters at Wembley in 1993

OK it was a shit day (though Waddle hit that goal of his well)

But that goal made for the noisiest crowd I have heard, ever!!

I seem to recall somewhere that it was one of the loudest noises ever recorded at the stadium!

Of course these things will be shaped by if you were actually at the game.
Was there for TCs 1975 but would've loved to be at the Sty on Bouncing Day...too far from Sydney.
Anyway, I always rated Peter Anderson's effort back in '78. around 9:30mins.
Seem to recall this was runner up goal of the season .. or was that another Peter Anderson effort?

Glyn Hodges lob over Schmeichel, versus Manchester Utd, FA Cup 5th round 1993. It was live on the BBC on a Sunday, so I remember sitting on the Kop being so proud that a Nationwide audience were watching us. The atmosphere was magnificent that day.
2FE9286600000578-0-image-a-9_1452286385468.jpg

Last edited:
In terms of exposure for United it has to be Deano's v Man Ure & our club being known as the first ever scorer in the Premier League & it can never be taken away from us, but having said that for me personally it is TC's goal v Spammers in '75. It's like it was in slow motion & everyone in the ground & on the pitch were hypnotised by TC & powerless to stop it. He was absolutely brilliant that day, took your breath away with his skills, I mean has anyone to this day ever run down the touchline dribbling past opponents whilst blowing kisses to the crowd?

Back
Top Bottom