Morgan to QPR

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
As people have taken exception to this being posted elswhere by someone else I thought I`d put my two pennerth on here .
I heard the rumour from two different sources Saturday ,one was from a certain group of gentlemen who frequent the Sportsman and one was from a source who has given me good info before and who has Morgs number on his mobile ,I am not saying he got it from Morgs and he actually refused to comprimise Morgs by asking him direct but he has other relevant numbers on his phone too
Make of it what you will,but I thought Gary Speed sounded particularly unconvincing when telling RS that Morgs had a "slight strain that they needed to rest " and I also thought that the "slight strain" appeared to exclude "Captain Morgs" from the dug out and as far as I could see the directors box.

According to people who actually saw him, he was sitting next to Sam Ellis on Saturday in the South Stand.

As for 'convincing/unconvincing', methinks there are too many conspiracy theorists at large. Stop over analysing every fecking syllable...

I am in block f south stand but well back ,I coudnt see him and people around me also said it was strange he wasnt visible,my mates sit behind the dug out in block E south stand and they said they didnt see him either

As for over analysing are you telling me I am not entitled to an opinion of what I heard and whether I believed it or not ?

Think what you like, but yes, looking for slight hesitations, or subtle nuances and the tone of Speeds voice to try and subtantiate a very, very dodgy rumour, does strike me as a bit strange really.

The most obvious explanation is usually the right one. What is so hard to believe that Morgs has a calf strain..?

So Morgan WAS at the match and what Speedo said WAS true. Kind of spoils the theory. And as i've always thought, just because someone says they hear things from a good source, it doesn't mean it's true. I got that from a good source that has my number in his phone.

Wait, so the 'without hesitation' bit wasn't reading into anything?

It's the same thing I'm afraid.

Wait, so the 'without hesitation' bit wasn't reading into anything?

It's the same thing I'm afraid.

No it isn't.

I heard the interview and thought 'Oh, Morgs has got a calf strain'
You heard thye intereview and thought ''Slight hesitation is revealing the details of an injury? My God Its true, He's nutted Ellis and is being sold off to QPR!'

(or something like that).

I wouldn;t call that the same, would you..?

Must admit I heard the interviw and thought he has got a calf strain then, thought no more about it. The next 10 hours wil tell.

I am in block f south stand but well back ,I coudnt see him and people around me also said it was strange he wasnt visible,my mates sit behind the dug out in block E south stand and they said they didnt see him either

As for over analysing are you telling me I am not entitled to an opinion of what I heard and whether I believed it or not ?

Morgs was definately there sat next to Sam Ellis in the absence of Trevor Birch (which could be a good thing hopefully sorting out some new players) he looked like he was having a good chat with Sam Ellis also doing a lot of pointing towards the pitch.

Why would Morgs want to go to QPR?

He's not a Greedy Judas like Paddy!

Why would Morgs want to go to QPR?

He's not a Greedy Judas like Paddy!

plus qpr dont need him. mind you i often question if we do too. hes getting past his best in my opinion but will still be one of my favourite blades of all time

No it isn't.

I heard the interview and thought 'Oh, Morgs has got a calf strain'
You heard thye intereview and thought ''Slight hesitation is revealing the details of an injury? My God Its true, He's nutted Ellis and is being sold off to QPR!'

(or something like that).

I wouldn;t call that the same, would you..?

You inferred something from the way he spoke rather than the actual content; i.e. that he was telling the truth.

Same thing.

plus qpr dont need him. mind you i often question if we do too. hes getting past his best in my opinion but will still be one of my favourite blades of all time

Maybe he's taking his first steps into Management/Coaching? Sitting next to Ellis, pointing at the pitch, not getting any younger, taking his coaching badges....

Adds up to me :hello:

You inferred something from the way he spoke rather than the actual content; i.e. that he was telling the truth.

Same thing.

Not same thing.

"Infer - Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements."

Speed said in his interview that "Morgs has a calf strain", which I took to mean that Morgs has a calf strain. His explicit statement. My acceptance of that explicit statement as fact.

Speed said in his interview that "Morgs has a calf strain", which you took to mean that Morgs has nutted Sam Ellis and is due at Loftus Road to agree terms. His explicit statement. Your inference that he was concealing the truth by telling lies.

For fecks sake, Houso. Pack it in now!! :rolleyes:

No, I will not pack it in :D

Was the "didn't seem any hesitation" a pointless detail then?

Was the "didn't seem any hesitation" a pointless detail then?

I didn't think anymore about it until the rumour broke and people started pointing out that there seemed some hesitation in Speeds explanation, and using that as evidence that Speed must be lying, and therefore, the rumours around Morgs must be true.

I simply pointed out that there wasn't any hesitation in his statement to my ear and that using something that didn't happen as proof for something else that didn't happen, which would lead to something else that won't happen was, frankly, bonkers.

I rest my case...

So, it was a pointless deal then.

Point proven...

According to people who actually saw him, he was sitting next to Sam Ellis on Saturday in the South Stand.

As for 'convincing/unconvincing', methinks there are too many conspiracy theorists at large. Stop over analysing every fecking syllable...

did you not know that you are not allowed to put anything that suggests that the management, board and SUFC in general are doing something wrong. You suggesting Morgan going is way out of line. You are only entitled to an opinion if it agrees with the 'clappers' handbook!? :rolleyes:

excuse me ............... what are the board/management doing reight ? :eek:

You are only entitled to an opinion if it agrees with the 'clappers' handbook!? :rolleyes:
Alternatively if you disagree with Olle, lenners or Micalijo at any time you're a blinkered idiot who can't see the real truth, which seems to be whatever they decide. There's no middle ground. There's no grey. It's all black or white. Balanced viewpoint? You can't have one of them. Clap for the whole match or boo all day long. They are the only choices you have, like it or lump it.

Is anyone actually saying this is happening?

I just want to know who to mock for believing bullshit when nothing happens.

Perhaps you might need an eyesight check then, he was definitly sat next to Sam Ellis right in from of me, I had my eyes checked only last week!!! Conspiarcy conspiracy, what aload of twaddle this all is.

Nothing wrong with my eyes that not partaking of a gallon before the game wouldnt cure
as for twaddle and bullshit ,it was a RUMOUR which is why i posted it in the RUMOUR section

FFS some of you feckers are so far up your own arses I bet you can bite you own tonsils

Feckin analise this analise that ,compare and contrast this that and the feckin other

Its a Blades football forum and anybody who gets involved in either needs to think where they went wrong in life and feckin lighten up ! :p

did you not know that you are not allowed to put anything that suggests that the management, board and SUFC in general are doing something wrong. You suggesting Morgan going is way out of line. You are only entitled to an opinion if it agrees with the 'clappers' handbook!? :rolleyes:

Houso and I had an interesting, and to my part amusing, little joust over this particular point.

Again, and not for the first time, you are totally on the wrong track. No need for you to jump in with your prickly attitude over it. It is nothing at all about trying to stop valid suggestions that the management or board of the club are 'doing something wrong'. It is about pointing out yet another load of fabricated bollocks about the club built up from the OP which amounted to virtually nothing at all. It should no be an excuse to make unfounded accusations about the said members of the club, and to substantiate the rather obsessive and hysterical views that some posters seem to have for it...

P.S. I take it he didn't sign for QPR then..?

Houso and I had an interesting, and to my part amusing, little joust over this particular point. I must admit that Houso had the better of on this occasion and I sent an apologetic PM for being so stubborn and not conceding the point.

Cheers mate. It takes a big man.

Back
Top Bottom