More Memries of Norwich

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's my 'convention' - our score first, opponents second.

Anyway, one for Silent Blade (and others). How many players have played for both Norwich and United? I've racked what's left of my brain and could only come up with Ched, Bill Punton and Jim Bone.

Paul Peschisolido
Simon Lappin
Kyle Naughton

He equalised in the last minute against us at the start of the 91-92 season. It was a roasting hot day at Carrow Road, and was memorable for Deano scoring after a minute and an absolute screamer by Colin Hill.

It was my first Blades away game and remember it well. Growing up for a number of years in Norfolk I have many memories of this fixture. Probably the best was 3-2 win in 2002 when we went 3-0 up in the first half and Browny scored a brilliant free kick.

Number 6 was David Holdsworth, not Chris Armstrong.

I'm sure you love it when people pick out 1 piece of info in something that's great and took you ages to prepare :D
Also can't have been 08 Dec, it was the 3rd round of the FA Cup wasn't it, surely it was 08 Jan?

Update: It was 04 Jan 1997

He equalised in the last minute against us at the start of the 91-92 season. It was a roasting hot day at Carrow Road, and was memorable for Deano scoring after a minute and an absolute screamer by Colin Hill.

We were on holiday in America that year and missed the first 3 games of the season. No internet obviously and no coverage in the American papers. I was allowed to ring Bramall Lane after 3 games to find out the scores.

The lady who answered didn't know and had to go and ask someone leaving me panicking about how much it was costing.

She read the scores out one at time, really slowly (I guess someone was next to her telling her them) and I remember the suspense after the first two thinking we're either unbeaten or we've only got 2 points.

The first trip I made to Carrow road was in 1970 for a Second Div match. we drew 1-1 after leading throughout the game & conceding in injury time (sound familiar?) There were only 2 coachloads of us there & on the way we stopped at Wainfleet for a break & left some poor lad there .when we set off! fortunately , for him the local police caught the coach up and pulled us in, to return our travelling companion to his seat!

Despite the late equaliser it was a great away day against a very strong Norwich team (was that the year they pushed Man Utd for a long while?). That same day the Pigs threw away a 2-0 lead to get beat by Villa, the first game in charge for Fat Ron on his return to the sty! You couldn't make it up! Watching the video only just noticed the two Blades in the Norwich end for Hill's goal. Were they the same two in the home end for the 3-2 cup defeat two years earlier!

The first trip I made to Carrow road was in 1970 for a Second Div match. we drew 1-1 after leading throughout the game & conceding in injury time (sound familiar?) There were only 2 coachloads of us there & on the way we stopped at Wainfleet for a break & left some poor lad there .when we set off! fortunately , for him the local police caught the coach up and pulled us in, to return our travelling companion to his seat!
The 1-1 draw was in Sept 1972 (my first visit to Carrow Road) . The SUSC Dronfield branch coach had broken down so we had to wait for a replacement one and we eventually got in the ground after 55 mins were already played just in time for us to see Bill Dearden give us the lead. David Cross equalised late on.
We lost 1-0 in August 1970 (Albert Bennett scored) and it was my long time Norwich mate's first ever match.

The 1-1 draw was in Sept 1972 (my first visit to Carrow Road) . The SUSC Dronfield branch coach had broken down so we had to wait for a replacement one and we eventually got in the ground after 55 mins were already played just in time for us to see Bill Dearden give us the lead. David Cross equalised late on.
We lost 1-0 in August 1970 (Albert Bennett scored) and it was my long time Norwich mate's first ever match.
Yes you are right of course , I went to both but got mixed up!

Back
Top Bottom