CONFIRMED Mitchell gone

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Provided we get the replacement in by the end of next month this makes sense.

I'd say the chances of that are extremely low. When it comes to the end of another terrible summer transfer window it will be: "Well, we had to restructure the whole recruitment team and that was a long process which we had to prioritise and get right."

I'd say the chances of that are extremely low. When it comes to the end of another terrible summer transfer window it will be: "Well, we had to restructure the whole recruitment team and that was a long process which we had to prioritise and get right."
I have given up any hope of anything positive happening for a long while.

No need for a head of recruitment if every first team member next season is either in the first team already or moving up from the youth teams

Which player was the straw that broke the camel’s back then?!

Lots of contenders this season:

Thomas, Larouci, Traore, Slimane, Grbic

or it could be that the latest Brewster injury is just one kick in the bollocks too far!

2019 - Our first season in the Premier League
My twopenneth was
Conor Gallagher - on loan at Charlton at the time
Ivan Toney - Peterborough
Ollie Watkins - Brentford in the Championship
Tom Cairney - Fulham in the Championship
Harvey Elliott - Fulham in the Championship
Tom Lawrence - Derby
Josh Brownhill - Bristol City
Eberechi Eze - QPR
Said Benrahma - Brentford
Jarod Bowen - Hull City
Dean Henderson - Pre mega deal at Man Utd

Awwww, but, but, most of them went for millions.........Not in 2019 they didn't.
And even so, the money spent on McBurnie, Berge, Robinson, Freeman, Jagielka, Fat Kentucky Fried Chicken faced twat, then later Brewster and numerous others who couldn't even get a game for us would have gone some way to getting a few of them.

I should be our chief scout, the most difficult part of the job would be convincing our boardroom not to tip it's entire fortune down the shitter and that it actually pays in the end to sign quality.
Amazing. Not a single player you've listed has had a bad career. You are obviously the greatest scout in the history of the planet or you've just used hindsight to convince yourself of it

or it could be that the latest Brewster injury is just one kick in the bollocks too far!
I would bet the only one of those he had anything to do with was Thomas

I would bet the only one of those he had anything to do with was Thomas
He’s been doing a French for beginners course at Sheffield College, I just don’t think he’s got to learning “find me a decent footballer yet” though.

2019 - Our first season in the Premier League
My twopenneth was
Conor Gallagher - on loan at Charlton at the time
Ivan Toney - Peterborough
Ollie Watkins - Brentford in the Championship
Tom Cairney - Fulham in the Championship
Harvey Elliott - Fulham in the Championship
Tom Lawrence - Derby
Josh Brownhill - Bristol City
Eberechi Eze - QPR
Said Benrahma - Brentford
Jarod Bowen - Hull City
Dean Henderson - Pre mega deal at Man Utd

Awwww, but, but, most of them went for millions.........Not in 2019 they didn't.
And even so, the money spent on McBurnie, Berge, Robinson, Freeman, Jagielka, Fat Kentucky Fried Chicken faced twat, then later Brewster and numerous others who couldn't even get a game for us would have gone some way to getting a few of them.

I should be our chief scout, the most difficult part of the job would be convincing our boardroom not to tip it's entire fortune down the shitter and that it actually pays in the end to sign quality.
Yeah you'd just need a time machine or the almanac from Back to the Future. Wonderful hindsight management there, ignoring lots of the realities.
Why isn't Bellingham on there, he was just a kid at Brum?

Does this open the door to a restructure that results in us having a DoF? If so, what are people's feelings about the role? Necessary in the modern game? No need? Necessary evil? A great addition that should have been implemented 12 months ago?

Assuming we are going down this route, who / what characteristics make for a good DoF?

Yeah you'd just need a time machine or the almanac from Back to the Future. Wonderful hindsight management there, ignoring lots of the realities.
Why isn't Bellingham on there, he was just a kid at Brum?
Bellingham was on my imaginary list from 5 years ago, along with Saka, Rice, Ndiaye, Mbappé and Bannan.

You'd have to think Grbic was the final straw. We've clearly wanted an upgrade on Wes and everything we've seen from Grbic so far tells us he's no better and possibly worse. I hope we're still in for Johansson at Rotherham.

What exactly did Mitchell, (or any other Head of Recruitment for that matter) do?

Does he and his team of scouts actively go out and look for players or, as i suspect is the case 99% of the time, do they have a network of contacts, (read agents) who alert them to players that might be available?

“Mutual consent “ hahaha. Last time I heard he was on a plane to Moscow booked by crab airlines.
My Moscow Specials have been a bit quiet as of late. Can’t imagine why. My shipment of imported Lada’s have been held up too. Built like a tank they are……

What exactly did Mitchell, (or any other Head of Recruitment for that matter) do?

Does he and his team of scouts actively go out and look for players or, as i suspect is the case 99% of the time, do they have a network of contacts, (read agents) who alert them to players that might be available?

I thought it was through the "united world" scouting network 🤔

Does this open the door to a restructure that results in us having a DoF? If so, what are people's feelings about the role? Necessary in the modern game? No need? Necessary evil? A great addition that should have been implemented 12 months ago?

Assuming we are going down this route, who / what characteristics make for a good DoF?
Depends for me on who it is. If it’s someone like Warnock it’ll solve nothing. If it’s someone with a modern footballing mind and ethos it might prove invaluable.

Don’t think anyone could have foreseen the Brewster injuries, but Thomas …….. would struggle to get in a decent vets team.

Back
Top Bottom