Mings out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The badge. We also have a goalie who is a quality shot stopper, but unfortunately he wears an orange pullover with that funny black/white/red circular thing on it so that automatically disqualifies him from any further involvement, until he changes it. If O'Connell and Hendo played for Crewe Alexandra, they'd be in the England staring 11.

pommpey

Gareth Southgate's house could be on fire and he'd choose the mug of water with a Villa badge on it over the fully staffed fire engine with the Sheffield United badge on it.

Think that makes them stronger to be honest, Mings is awful. Engels miles better.

The Villa fans were all quite pleased when he got crocked as it provides an opportunity to try something different.

He drops absolutely massive clangers every game without fail.

The Villa fans I speak to rate him incredibly highly. Roy’s view from will probably reference Mings, so we’ll see.

The Villa fans I speak to rate him incredibly highly. Roy’s view from will probably reference Mings, so we’ll see.

I had a look on Villa Talk or whatever it's called, they seem to think as long as Taylor (?) doesn't play, Konsa and Engels is a good pair worth looking at due to Mings' clangers and form since he got called up (poor)

Villa; 'big' club much loved by the press and a former club of Southgate.

United; Norvern monkeys who play long ball and are definitely going down this season, probably by Christmas.

Baldock is right up there on current form but won't get past Trent AA (sexy Scousers) and Wan Bisakka (Manyoo). The fact he is a much better defender counts for nothing, much in the same way that John Stones keeps getting picked for looking good going forward, when he can't tackle a fish supper.
John bloody Stones, wouldn't swap Jags or Stears for him.

They'll be weaker without Mings. It's good news for Mousset. There won't be an athletic competitor for him in their defence. Then there's possibly the leadership they'll be missing. Konsa is a bit soft for a CB, he was at Brentford anyway.

Baldock is right up there on current form but won't get past Trent AA (sexy Scousers) and Wan Bisakka (Manyoo). The fact he is a much better defender counts for nothing, much in the same way that John Stones keeps getting picked for looking good going forward, when he can't tackle a fish supper.
Sorry to say it but Baldock is nowhere near to TAA (best RB in the world) or Wan Bissaka (the best RB statistically in the PL last season)... Agreed on John Stones though, myth that he gets picked still

Yes they are always self confessed 'big Blades' and may of them are also 'experts'.

In the event of us not winning three games in a row, the worst of them go into 'bedwetting mode' and the toys come out.

I have to be careful however, as I don't wish to 'stifle debate'.....
Seriously, what’s the point in posting things like this? You appear not to realise that your own post are among this board’s most tiresome contributions.

Divides opinion but I rate him and think Villa will be weakened by his absence on Satday at BDTBL 👍
Never like it when a player gets injured. But that is correct but I suspect it does weaken Villa.

McGinn is the player I worry about in their team. If he is on his game he is unplayable.
He won’t be as influential as that annoying little prick Grealish. He will be working very hard to contain our midfield and hoping Grealish is allowed time on the ball.

as for the TAA and Baldock argument....Baldock a better more committed defender, but not in the same league going forwards IMHO.
Depends if you want your England defender to be able to do the staple job of the role, and for me TAA has been very dodgy against pace down his side, and a little bit of complex movement. He struggles to know who to pick up and is often caught ball watching. (Experience will resolve this of course)

So, does the England manager select the better defender, or the player who will be one of the best in the world in 2 years assuming Trent stays fit in that time.

He won’t be as influential as that annoying little prick Grealish. He will be working very hard to contain our midfield and hoping Grealish is allowed time on the ball.

as for the TAA and Baldock argument....Baldock a better more committed defender, but not in the same league going forwards IMHO.
Depends if you want your England defender to be able to do the staple job of the role, and for me TAA has been very dodgy against pace down his side, and a little bit of complex movement. He struggles to know who to pick up and is often caught ball watching. (Experience will resolve this of course)

So, does the England manager select the better defender, or the player who will be one of the best in the world in 2 years assuming Trent stays fit in that time.

Baldock has the potential to be a great mix of both TAA and AWB if he keeps on his current trajectory, Wan Bissaka is a great 1 on 1 defender but I think George has him beat going forward, TAA is great going forward but George is a better defender.

I'd rather have Baldock as a fullback in a 4 than TAA, I think Trent will gradually move forward until he's a midfielder when he plays for England.

Mings £25m price tag cprobably helps with the England call up.

I think the idea that Baldock is competing for an England slot is a bit premature, to put it kindly. Having said that what a great job he's done, and he is getting better

JOC should be close though

Mings is a decent lower Premier level centre half. It’s more of a indication of the lack of good players who can defend, even more so English ones as to why he cost so much and how he’s an international.
He wouldn’t have gotten a sniff near an England cap in the Campbell, Terry, Ferdinand, King, Carragher, Woodgate era.

Minge is out.
Shaven is in.

So I'm told.

You’re wrong there pal! It’s back in again now. At least in our house it is, although it never went out of fashion. Boy of the ‘70’s see? ...”Clockwork Orange”, “Emmanuelle”, “Colour Climax”, “Penthouse”, “Mayfair”, “Whitehouse”.

I’ve never been keen on that “oven ready chicken” look.

I was saying exactly the same thing to my dearest “brambles” the other night.

Sorry to say it but Baldock is nowhere near to TAA (best RB in the world) or Wan Bissaka (the best RB statistically in the PL last season)... Agreed on John Stones though, myth that he gets picked still

Baldock is the best RWB in the division so go and suck a melon.

Think that makes them stronger to be honest, Mings is awful. Engels miles better.

The Villa fans were all quite pleased when he got crocked as it provides an opportunity to try something different.

He drops absolutely massive clangers every game without fail.
But he plays for England😂

Mings is a decent lower Premier level centre half. It’s more of a indication of the lack of good players who can defend, even more so English ones as to why he cost so much and how he’s an international.
He wouldn’t have gotten a sniff near an England cap in the Campbell, Terry, Ferdinand, King, Carragher, Woodgate era.
Probably say the same about Maguire.

Probably say the same about Maguire.

This is definitely the CB equivalent to the period after Seaman retired, no choice but to call up some dross. Mings is the Joe Hart of defenders.

That was ridiculous. You could see it was a hamstring straight away and he was already on a yellow. Just take him off. I’d be livid if Wilder had stood there like Smith did, doing nowt.

I heard Mings didn't recognise it as a hamstring injury as he's never had one before! He just thought he had cramp.

I seriously wonder what JOC is valued at??, obviously priceless to us, and easily one of the best defenders in the league, but if Mings is £25m you could surely add £5-10m for JOC??

Djimi Traore is also a champions league winner.

TAA is extremely good - going forward...which let's be frank he spends the majority of the game doing.

Defensively he's suspect though.
I'm not blinkered about Baldock but was just making the point that the likes of him and JOC will never get picked ahead of players at 'sexy' clubs.

As per Scooter_mcgavin above, TAA is great banging crosses in for the strikers but not a particularly good defender. He's young and will learn, but at the moment people like Baldock and Kyle Walker are far better defenders.

As per usual, we will pick an Ingerland team that look fantastic going forward when you are beating the likes of Montenegro 8-0 in qualifiers, but then be surprised when the mighty Croatia (or similar) actually attack us.

Years of quarter final and semi final disappointment await....

Baldock has the potential to be a great mix of both TAA and AWB if he keeps on his current trajectory, Wan Bissaka is a great 1 on 1 defender but I think George has him beat going forward, TAA is great going forward but George is a better defender.

I'd rather have Baldock as a fullback in a 4 than TAA, I think Trent will gradually move forward until he's a midfielder when he plays for England.

Seems to be a common opinion on this thread that Baldock is a better defender than Alexander-Arnold, my question is where does this opinion come from? If someone could show me some stats indicating that Baldock has more ball recoveries, interceptions etc, then I'd maybe understand, but I'm not convinced.
Beyond that, all we can really go on is the eye test: Neither seem to pulled out of position much, and both are great at 1 on 1 defending - as far as I'm concerned, their both good defenders.

The real difference between the players is going forward though. Baldock is great going forward but Alexander-Arnold is exceptional.

I heard Mings didn't recognise it as a hamstring injury as he's never had one before! He just thought he had cramp.
That's just smith trying to gloss over the fact his players do what they want

Seems to be a common opinion on this thread that Baldock is a better defender than Alexander-Arnold, my question is where does this opinion come from? If someone could show me some stats indicating that Baldock has more ball recoveries, interceptions etc, then I'd maybe understand, but I'm not convinced.
Beyond that, all we can really go on is the eye test: Neither seem to pulled out of position much, and both are great at 1 on 1 defending - as far as I'm concerned, their both good defenders.

The real difference between the players is going forward though. Baldock is great going forward but Alexander-Arnold is exceptional.

4B947AA2-6C10-4A66-858E-3F5B43C8A22C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom