Mings out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some of our fans are complete tosspots.

Witness yesterday's detailed 'analysis' of why Lunny is shit, despite most of us thinking we see otherwise.
Didzy needs dropping because he can't score.
McB is a 'waste of money' and Robinson is 'nesh'.

All these are 'proven facts', that the experts on here repeat ad nauseum.

I take it you’re using the words ‘our fans’ loosely ISC?

I don't think so actually. Engels came and looked ok, and Mings has made a few unforced errors leading to goals this season.

How he's in the England squad continuously ahead of JOC is a complete mystery.
Easy to answer that .. he plays for Villa one of the so called glamour clubs😂

Divides opinion but I rate him and think Villa will be weakened by his absence on Satday at BDTBL 👍
We’d have done better against Mings. Mousse would’ve had a field day like he did with Phil Jones

I take it you’re using the words ‘our fans’ loosely ISC?

Yes they are always self confessed 'big Blades' and may of them are also 'experts'.

In the event of us not winning three games in a row, the worst of them go into 'bedwetting mode' and the toys come out.

I have to be careful however, as I don't wish to 'stifle debate'.....

Mings is a bombscare. I bet it’s a nightmare being his defensive partner, trying to keep to some shape and system. I’m gutted he won’t be playing on Saturday, and expect to see Villa’s defensive record improve between now and the new year.

Villa; 'big' club much loved by the press and a former club of Southgate.

United; Norvern monkeys who play long ball and are definitely going down this season, probably by Christmas.

Baldock is right up there on current form but won't get past Trent AA (sexy Scousers) and Wan Bisakka (Manyoo). The fact he is a much better defender counts for nothing, much in the same way that John Stones keeps getting picked for looking good going forward, when he can't tackle a fish supper.

As much as I love Baldock, let's not pretend that the reason he won't displace Alexander-Arnold is due to some kind of bias.

Baldock is proving to himself to be a more than adequate PL level full back in terms of performance and output. TAA is a champions league winner, and one of the best players for the PL leaders.

As much as I love Baldock, let's not pretend that the reason he won't displace Alexander-Arnold is due to some kind of bias.

Baldock is proving to himself to be a more than adequate PL level full back in terms of performance and output. TAA is a champions league winner, and one of the best players for the PL leaders.
Djimi Traore is also a champions league winner.

TAA is extremely good - going forward...which let's be frank he spends the majority of the game doing.

Defensively he's suspect though.

Do you know what, talking of Mings, I reyt miss John Ming's Chinese on ravencar in Eckington. Absolutely cracking chicken curry in the late 90s, early 2000s.

Maybe asking him to run off a hamstring pull wasn't the best medical advice
That was ridiculous. You could see it was a hamstring straight away and he was already on a yellow. Just take him off. I’d be livid if Wilder had stood there like Smith did, doing nowt.

I'm not blinkered about Baldock but was just making the point that the likes of him and JOC will never get picked ahead of players at 'sexy' clubs.

As per Scooter_mcgavin above, TAA is great banging crosses in for the strikers but not a particularly good defender. He's young and will learn, but at the moment people like Baldock and Kyle Walker are far better defenders.

As per usual, we will pick an Ingerland team that look fantastic going forward when you are beating the likes of Montenegro 8-0 in qualifiers, but then be surprised when the mighty Croatia (or similar) actually attack us.

Years of quarter final and semi final disappointment await....

Yeah, you can't even stamp on an opponent's head anymore. Game's gone soft.

We've literally got a club legend who received numerous reds for stamping on people and then breaking someones skull with an elbow lets not pretend were that soft.

This is an apostrophe away from being a very different thread.

Think that makes them stronger to be honest, Mings is awful. Engels miles better.

The Villa fans were all quite pleased when he got crocked as it provides an opportunity to try something different.

He drops absolutely massive clangers every game without fail.

Last edited:
Football is a game of opinions and not everyone has to think the same things and it’s a good job because our team is made up of nearly men, cast offs and has beens who somebody didn’t believe in.
I have no wish to get into this particular difference of opinions, but that last sentence is a very convincing reason for not jumping to conclusions about a player's ability or potential. It is appoint we should all bear in mind.

We've never had a dirty bastard on our team have we? Same people who complain you can't make tackles any more in modern football.
Disagree. I give you Wally Downes. In a Springtime evening match in 1988 he made a tackle where one foot connected with the opponent`s upper thigh and his other foot connected with his kidney. Never seen owt like it before or since. He only played a handful of matches for us (ex Wimbledon crazy gang).

Disagree. I give you Wally Downes. In a Springtime evening match in 1988 he made a tackle where one foot connected with the opponent`s upper thigh and his other foot connected with his kidney. Never seen owt like it before or since. He only played a handful of matches for us (ex Wimbledon crazy gang).
You're wrong PittsburghBlade says Mings is good.
End of.

How he's in the England squad continuously ahead of JOC is a complete mystery.

The badge. We also have a goalie who is a quality shot stopper, but unfortunately he wears an orange pullover with that funny black/white/red circular thing on it so that automatically disqualifies him from any further involvement, until he changes it. If O'Connell and Hendo played for Crewe Alexandra, they'd be in the England staring 11.

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom