Mind The Gap

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I hope they can keep this form up! It should make for an interesting first Sheffield derby by which time we may have Coutts back in the team.

Does anyone believe we could put more than 4 past them this time? It would seem rude not to?

I hope they can keep this form up! It should make for an interesting first Sheffield derby by which time we may have Coutts back in the team.

Does anyone believe we could put more than 4 past them this time? It would seem rude not to?

You do realise that hubristic posts like that inevitably come back to bite you on the arse when they are reproduced on pigs talk when they fluke a 0-0 win

Last edited:
You do realise that hubristic posts like that inevitably come back to bite you on the arse when they are reproduced on pigs talk when they fluke a winning 0-0

I don’t really care tbh. It’s all said a bit tongue in cheek, a la “ taking the piss”.

All I’m bothered about is us getting in the top 6 and even if they sneak a flukey win against us it won’t spoil my season. We are upwardly mobile! They are in decline. That’s what I think.

The funniest thing about the fowls talk link is that there is not one single post in it that exercises a degree of caution, trepidation, concerns or respect for other teams, not one. And all that bullshit after the season they've just had.

Could they just assume the position of underdog where they could be pleasantly surprised by a good start, or could they wait to see how their team performs in a few games before letting their gobs run away with them...………..No chance.

This is what makes their failures so hilarious

40B746FB-063A-4056-80A2-12DB3C3F7FFE.jpeg
They’re fucking brilliant aren’t they, I think they charge a lot to get in because comedy clubs don’t come cheap these days, not when they’re as good as these twats! :D

I read that a while back and knew it would come back to haunt them. I'd love them to revisit it now :p

Thanks for the reminder. Still can keep my avatar while ever we are above them.

Fuckin deluded 4 legged dimwits

With Wednesdayites it's often hard to tell..I know a few were obviously taking the piss...but were the rest actually being serious? The one about going unbeaten in August treads a fine line between satire and total fuckwittery.

With Wednesdayites it's often hard to tell..I know a few were obviously taking the piss...but were the rest actually being serious? The one about going unbeaten in August treads a fine line between satire and total fuckwittery.
It was pig coloured spectacles, no more, no less.

I don't understand the mentality. They haven't signed anyone. They lost two of their most experienced defenders over the summer, yet they reckon they'll smash everyone.

Did the clown really say Wednesday have better players than united?

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/275126-fao-those-clapping-seals/
It’s a quote that deserves further scrutiny.

We finished what? 11, 12 points better off last year?

Since then, they lost their captain, most expensive striker, best young prospect, first team right back, frozen out their best goalie and added nil.

We have added an exceptional keeper, a record signing at centre half, an absolute baller in midfield but we did lose potential wunderkid, but who was not a starter for us. Currently we are 5 points better off though having played one more.

Unless he meant “we have a higher wage bill than theirs” he’s not exactly too clued up on the football front by the looks of it. Better sticking to running niche taxi companies...

I don't understand the mentality

Some of them think they ARE massive and that the Prem is their rightful place.

Classic case of delusion and lack of intelligence from the S6 lot.

If their present form continues and this manager stays for a while we could be in for meltdowns of epic proportions. The meltdown started last season in September when we did them 4-2 and the ones I know, after being very very vocal when Chansiri first came, went into their shell and completely shut up.

The new season whetted their appetite as being a new start, giving it big again about how good the squad was and it was only injuries last season that held them back.

Reality is now hitting home - it could be very interesting how this goes now.

Chansiri is fast becoming public enemy no 1 down in S6.

UTB

Since then, they lost their captain, most expensive striker, best young prospect, first team right back, frozen out their best goalie and added nil.

We have added an exceptional keeper, a record signing at centre half, an absolute baller in midfield but we did lose potential wunderkid, but who was not a starter for us. Currently we are 5 points better off though having played one more.

Unless he meant “we have a higher wage bill than theirs” he’s not exactly too clued up on the football front by the looks of it. Better sticking to running niche taxi companies...

Decent summary, but on the Brooks and Hirst issues, you've been inconsistent

Just to add consistency :
They lost their best young prospect
We lost our best young prospect.

They lost Hirst because the opportunities weren't there for him and he chose to leave to get opportunities at a lower level (If we take his move on face value)

The difference is that despite losing Brooks, without getting further into discussion whether it was right or wrong, lets say the sale was done with justification because the financial offer matched our valuation, rather than making the sale for the sake of falling into line with financial restrictions. Upon losing Brooks however, and this is the key, we have brought in a player which was highly sought in this division and potentially a better prospect than Brooks (purely based on the fact that he's played first team football for the Champions League finalists at such a young age), albeit it on loan for this season.

Summary, we took a good business decision on our young prospect for this season.

Some would say its a short term view, others may say that its short term planning with a longer term view on the overall business.

The best thing is them all supposedly clapping him after he said it .

Did anyone see the team they had out yesterday? I think only Bannan and Forresteti would be certain starters for us at the moment from that side. Maybe Tom Lees but having Basham in there is so important to us in being able to change formation throughout the game.

Did anyone see the team they had out yesterday? I think only Bannan and Forresteti would be certain starters for us at the moment from that side. Maybe Tom Lees but having Basham in there is so important to us in being able to change formation throughout the game.
Who would you drop for Bannan? He's not as good as Fleck or Norwood and doesn't play far enough forward to displace Woodburn or Duffy. Might make the bench for me...until Coutts comes back

Who would you drop for Bannan? He's not as good as Fleck or Norwood and doesn't play far enough forward to displace Woodburn or Duffy. Might make the bench for me...until Coutts comes back

I think Bannan would get into a flat 3 midfield with Norwood and Fleck. Basically how I expect us to line up once Coutts comes back.

I do like Bannan as a player. Certainly think he's Wednesdays best player even above Forresteti

Why all the obsession with Bannan. Prior to the pigs he spent most of his career either crocked or out on loan. He's a midget and is smaller than Fleck, who he is comparable and with whom (laughably) would be competing for a place. Keep him, £40k pw week for sitting most of last season in the A&E waiting room. The only thing I give him credit for is helping to bankrupt the pigs.

Decent summary, but on the Brooks and Hirst issues, you've been inconsistent

Just to add consistency :
They lost their best young prospect
We lost our best young prospect.

They lost Hirst because the opportunities weren't there for him and he chose to leave to get opportunities at a lower level (If we take his move on face value)

The difference is that despite losing Brooks, without getting further into discussion whether it was right or wrong, lets say the sale was done with justification because the financial offer matched our valuation, rather than making the sale for the sake of falling into line with financial restrictions. Upon losing Brooks however, and this is the key, we have brought in a player which was highly sought in this division and potentially a better prospect than Brooks (purely based on the fact that he's played first team football for the Champions League finalists at such a young age), albeit it on loan for this season.

Summary, we took a good business decision on our young prospect for this season.

Some would say its a short term view, others may say that its short term planning with a longer term view on the overall business.
Fair to pull me up on that. To complete the picture we ended up with a 12-15m deal whereas they ended up with nowt more or less AND that was largely down to their own somewhat shithouse stance of freezing him out totally from football because he didn’t sign a new contract.

Clearly, based on 4 months of embargo they weren’t quite well enough set to be turning down a couple of million just to teach him a lesson.

Did the clown really say Wednesday have better players than united?

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/275126-fao-those-clapping-seals/

Unless he meant “we have a higher wage bill than theirs” he’s not exactly too clued up on the football front by the looks of it.

Credit to the Wednesday fans most of them didn't swallow this and realise it was said at their fans forum to pacify those there. And they know their club is in the shit and waiting the axe to fall.

edit: from a member at the meeting "after that initial tirade at the forum I was losing the will to live. Some looked really(sic) to leave, some had their heads in hands. I thought I must live on a different planet when some people then clapped."

Fair to pull me up on that. To complete the picture we ended up with a 12-15m deal whereas they ended up with nowt more or less AND that was largely down to their own somewhat shithouse stance of freezing him out totally from football because he didn’t sign a new contract.

Clearly, based on 4 months of embargo they weren’t quite well enough set to be turning down a couple of million just to teach him a lesson.

I think you were pretty fair in your short summary, but for any piggy lurkers its only right that we take the piss in a consistent way.

And yes, if anything shows the difference in the two clubs, perhaps how we handle our youngsters when we (inevitably) sell them is a really interesting one.

I think you were pretty fair in your short summary, but for any piggy lurkers its only right that we take the piss in a consistent way.

And yes, if anything shows the difference in the two clubs, perhaps how we handle our youngsters when we (inevitably) sell them is a really interesting one.
when did the pigs last bring through a youngster and sell them on?..

As the title of this thread is 'Mind the Gap', don't mind if I do...

View attachment 43270

Reading some of that shit on NKT, Football Heaven should be fun tonight. I bet Mark is first on. As usual.
Hope so because I miss the first 10 to 15 minutes getting home from work
So his “ I want to make 2 points about “ and do you know what I mean , will be well over when I get in
Never mind I’m sure the next 3/4 of hour will feature there 3rd choice keeper at some point

Back
Top Bottom