2022/2023 Match Thread Millwall v. Sheffield United - 18th February 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MILL
MILL
MILL

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
millwall.gif
vs.
sufc.gif

Championship Week 32 - Saturday 19th February 2023 - 12:30 - The New Den

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/millwall-vs-sheffield-united.637/

Officials:

Referee: Stephen Martin
Assistant Referee: Lee Venamore
Assistant Referee: Jonathan Hunt
Fourth Official: Charles Breakspear

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1671401521883.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 20.49.17.png

They always say the next game is the most important , but in our case , as things have gone , this is truly our biggest game of the season in terms of
Can Hecky set up to win it ?
Will we look like we have a plan of attack ?
Can he react with in-game changes if things are not working ?
Can the players play effectively for 90 minutes ?
How is our morale & self-belief ?
Can the midfield emulate Boro's quality & effort ?
Can we play fast incisive football ?
How much do we want promotion ?

This season can now go anywhere from fuck-up & fade away to man-up & claim the prize.

Put your shoulders to the wheel Blades

Can Hecky set up to win it ? 🤔
Will we look like we have a plan of attack ? 🤔
Can he react with in-game changes if things are not working ? 🤔
Can the players play effectively for 90 minutes ? 🤔
How is our morale & self-belief ? 🤔
Can the midfield emulate Boro's quality & effort ? 🤔
Can we play fast incisive football ? 🤔
How much do we want promotion ? 🤔

Hecky won't be pitch side so it will be up to Lester and Mccall to rally the troops.

Not got a good feeling for this one, 2-1 to Millwall

psychologically speaking this looks a must win. Anything less and Boro are 4 or 5 points behind us Saturday night and that really is squeaky bum time.

Hecky won't be pitch side so it will be up to Lester and Mccall to rally the troops.

Not got a good feeling for this one, 2-1 to Millwall
He’ll be sat in the stand and in constant communication with the staff

He’ll be sat in the stand and in constant communication with the staff
Maybe he'll get a better perspective on how the games going from up in the stand. See what's working and what's not. See who's having a good game or a mare.
I've always felt that the touchline is not an ideal vantage point , trying to see what's happening on the far side , through all the players.

But but but - Hecky is shit isn't he?

So what difference will it make?

Anel is on 9 yellow cards ahead of this one. Wouldn't want to lose him for Watford.

I probably can't watch the game tomorrow in any way so it's a banker 5:0 victory.

Great presser from Hecky

Ffs

He’s got us in an unbelievable position in 18 months

He deserves a fkn statue not over the top criticism

Many blowing smoke up Burnley and Boro managers who have had board support with investment - many caving in cos we lost to Boro - remember when we absolutely battered Burnley and have been beaten only once since Nov ?

He will do for me doesn’t shit his self when we lose (which is so rare) and doesn’t toss himself off when we win (which is often)

Come on Blades -many of us believe in you

All round bad luck jinxing piggy supporting twat Staton is doing the BBC RS commentary tommorow......:(

Cummon United make the twat squirm a few times having to raise his voice for a few Blades goals.

Oh and Bannon plays in LG1...... Berge plays in the Championship.

Well I'll say one thing...... it's getting exciting isn't it?

Shouldn't have been, but it is

Thanks Prince

This is the first game we go into feeling truly vulnerable and tense. It was always going to be the case with this club. So it begins

I think we go into every game vulnerable and tense. It’s not down to Hecky or the Prince. It’s down to the players. We know what they are capable of, individually and collectively, but we never know which version of the players will turn up.

It means we get some decent results from average performances, but when it all clicks, it’s amazing to see and no one leaves until the final whistle.

The only people who can have a major impact on match day are the players. (Subs included).

Maybe he'll get a better perspective on how the games going from up in the stand. See what's working and what's not. See who's having a good game or a mare.
I've always felt that the touchline is not an ideal vantage point , trying to see what's happening on the far side , through all the players.
Your words to Gods ears

Early kick offs who do they benefit ?

Not travelling fans thats for sure.

If we under perform and lose this will give a huge incentive to Middlesboro to beat QPR conversely if we win it will put Middlesboro under pressure to match our result.

There is definately pressure on both teams players today which is steadily growing week on week.

I'm feeling it.

Early kick offs who do they benefit ?

Not travelling fans thats for sure.

If we under perform and lose this will give a huge incentive to Middlesboro to beat QPR conversely if we win it will put Middlesboro under pressure to match our result.

There is definately pressure on both teams players today which is steadily growing week on week.

I'm feeling it.

View attachment 154226
Get home early

I just wish Hecky would be a bolder and utilise Coulibaly more. What little I have seen of him I was quite impressed. He needs game time to gain confidence as I’m convinced there’s a decent player there. Could be a gem we’ve badly needed to get us over the line.

Anyone have any knowledge of the ref? Does he like giving cards out, stopping the game at any opportunity or does he let the game flow?

Back
Top Bottom