Mike Dean

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sad thing is no one is that surprised or shocked .

Think that is the problem.

Mike Dean was probably just being “honest” in his own mind and feels he can say it now he isn’t working for the PGMOL:

In this case there were 2 big teams involved so rather than bias against one or another more a case of bad officiating and being unprofessional in the job (as a FIFA ref sure Anthony Taylor doesn’t see it as a “favour from a mate - he will now be under scrutiny all the time I suspect )

There is no doubt even before VAR pressure from bigger names and players particularly at home affects the performances and conscious of the officials .

Worst refereeing and VAR event was more recent. As said earlier in this thread, VAR can take 10+ minutes to check if Lundstram's toe nail is beyond the last man, but it cant see a goalkeeper, holding the ball, laid in the back of the net at Villa park. The point Villa gained that day, save them from relegation..... Isn't technology wonderful!!!!!!
Yes and sent a innocent team down costing them millions .

I disagree.

It was a significant moment in worldwide football integrity, when John Lundstram's big toe was adjudged to be offside (in a previous phase of play).

We have to stand up and be counted for fundamental principles like this, even if it takes 7 minutes while some knobheads use technically limited tools, to try and forensically re-referee all decisions*.

* Only against 'smaller' teams, obvs.

My mate "who knows things" said.

"what did you expect? Var is in a unit outside Heathrow, you telling me there's no spurs fans working there"

He"s coming in for a load of stick here, but older members of the forum will always remember how he decided Suggett was not interfering with play back in '71
The thing about that was that you didn't need a slow motion action replay (and draw lines) to show that the decision was totally wrong

I disagree.

It was a significant moment in worldwide football integrity, when John Lundstram's big toe was adjudged to be offside (in a previous phase of play).

We have to stand up and be counted for fundamental principles like this, even if it takes 7 minutes while some knobheads use technically limited tools, to try and forensically re-referee all decisions*.

* Only against 'smaller' teams, obvs.
Absolutely spot on.

That lundstram one was terrible. Spurs had cleared the cross before we recycled and scored.

I ruined a pair of jeans knee sliding across the fucking concourse (yes i was still drinking from ht)

The arrogant prick is on soccer Saturday now, he has a face that I just want to punch........... Repeatedly

Back
Top Bottom