2022/2023 Match Thread Middlesbrough v. Sheffield United - 14th August 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MIDD
MIDD
MIDD

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1660377302712.png vs. 1660377310662.png

Championship Week 3 - Sunday 13th August 2022 - 14:00 - Riverside Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/middlesbrough-vs-sheffield-united.606/

Officials:

Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Scott Ledger
Assistant Referee: Matthew Wilkes
Fourth Official: Jeremy Simpson

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1660377412327.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Looking forward to this one. Fist game of the season for me and the boys (holidays)

If we come out with high press and intent we will go on and win.

If we sit back and try to absorb we will lose.

I’m 2-0 to the mighty blades.

What boozer are we doing?

Looking forward to this one. Fist game of the season for me and the boys (holidays)

If we come out with high press and intent we will go on and win.

If we sit back and try to absorb we will lose.

I’m 2-0 to the mighty blades.

What boozer are we doing?
Doctor Browns

Wilder's sitting himself and will not sleep well tonight. Clammy sheets and restless nightmares.

Hottest league match United have played in?

Strange season so far. First week bottom three, second week top 6, right now mid table, end if tomorrow maybe 4th. 😀 Weeeeeeee

Is match on Sky tomorrow?
For those, apologies Foxy other than your OP that advises where to watch the game only, here again is a what's on daily sporting guide. finlaytheblade utilise this site too for future all sports live events.

Hottest league match United have played in?

Define league game. If you consider the playoffs as an extension of the league, Huddersfield at Wembley felt worse than today

Tomorrow the met is forecasting highs of 31 in Sheffield, and 35 where I live down South, but only 27 in Middlesbrough so might not actually be so bad especially compared to sides playing for example in London today when it was 34 degrees between 3-5pm!!

I think that Huddersfield playoff final felt particularly bad because it was still only May and the heat always feels particularly severe when it's earlier in the year and you're not used to it yet. It was high 20s that day, something like 28 degrees I think. So possibly hotter than tomorrow on Teeside.

Play for the draw and try and nick one late on.

End up losing 1-0,

we all know how this goes...

Play for the draw and try and nick one late on.

End up losing 1-0,

we all know how this goes...

Them wilder tactics. Maybe we'll cancel each other out.

Still very early in the season. I still dont think Hecky knows what his best 11 is yet despite a better pre-season than last year. We had a fair few games to try out all of our First team squad but the new additions have given food for thought.
We seem to have an abundance of attacking midfield options so need to be setting up to utilise them to the best of their abilities.
Does that point to a change in formation? I'm not sure that Hecky is confident enough to shake it up yet from the start and will probably persist with the 352/532 formation and maybe change things up mid-game.
it will be interesting to see the evolution of the team over the next month or 2. We have clearly looked to bring in some young energetic players. Some with some lofty expectations from their clubs who will want to see them develop in the second tier and who will not be here to sit on the bench so it is up to Hecky to make the team gel.
We will have to see what happens.
Hopefully today we can come out of the traps quickly like we did against Millwall and take the game to what seems to be a fragile team with its own problems. It looks as though the Boro fans are becoming restless so early in the season.
Looking forward to a game that will be at a reasonable time for me (9pm Kick Off) and I can enjoy it with a few beers as not at work tomorrow.

Couple of new signings will be in their team today in Hoppe & Mowatt. That will boost them & their fans, it’s going to be a tough game today.

Wilder will have them pumped post QPR & Barnsley, we used to see that type of reaction after a poor performance in our championship days under Wilder

Still very early in the season. I still dont think Hecky knows what his best 11 is yet despite a better pre-season than last year. We had a fair few games to try out all of our First team squad but the new additions have given food for thought.
We seem to have an abundance of attacking midfield options so need to be setting up to utilise them to the best of their abilities.
Does that point to a change in formation? I'm not sure that Hecky is confident enough to shake it up yet from the start and will probably persist with the 352/532 formation and maybe change things up mid-game.
it will be interesting to see the evolution of the team over the next month or 2. We have clearly looked to bring in some young energetic players. Some with some lofty expectations from their clubs who will want to see them develop in the second tier and who will not be here to sit on the bench so it is up to Hecky to make the team gel.
We will have to see what happens.
Hopefully today we can come out of the traps quickly like we did against Millwall and take the game to what seems to be a fragile team with its own problems. It looks as though the Boro fans are becoming restless so early in the season.
Looking forward to a game that will be at a reasonable time for me (9pm Kick Off) and I can enjoy it with a few beers as not at work tomorrow.
9pm for me too mate, whereabouts are you based? Love an early kick-off nowadays, having previously hated them.

Back
Top Bottom