Middlesbrough Aquisitions.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ceasefire

Reaction score
Interesting that Middlesbrough have made 3 good quality acquisitions since the transfer window opened 13 days ago. It seems very wrong that our former Messiah will be allowed to play these players in our rearranged game when they weren’t available in the first fixture that Wilder supposedly called off.
I was talking to a Middlesbrough season ticket holder this week and we got onto football and he admitted to me that it was the injury crisis at their club that cause a postponement with many cases of Covid exaggerated. mmmm.

Interesting that Middlesbrough have made 3 good quality acquisitions since the transfer window opened 13 days ago. It seems very wrong that our former Messiah will be allowed to play these players in our rearranged game when they weren’t available in the first fixture that Wilder supposedly called off.
I was talking to a Middlesbrough season ticket holder this week and we got onto football and he admitted to me that it was the injury crisis at their club that cause a postponement with many cases of Covid exaggerated. mmmm.
I would describe them as quality players. Connelly always seems to miss sitters when I've seen him play the other 2 rarely played for their previous clubs.

Have Hull City started Splashing the cash yet?. New owner reckons they would.

Some of you lot love to seek out the negative, don’t you. It’s like you want to be miserable.

When you have a wank, do you gather up the cum and rub it in your eyes till it stings?

I cry all the way through the wank, because I don't even enjoy it.

Sounded very much like Boro played the rules perfectly to suit their club. I don't imagine that our former manager will really care about the interests of his former club when it comes to that game. The EFL (as well as the Premier League) have allowed themselves to be played by many clubs. To be fair to Boro, they've managed to get a good number of games played through the Christmas and New Year Period and I don't doubt that had an impact on injuries. As you said, the covid cases probably tipped the balance but thats the rules that the EFl set and also the rules of the country.

I don't think anything particularly Dubious took place with Boro, they did appear to try and get the communication with the EFL and get the game played. I don't doubt that they played the rules. I think QPR and Preston could be questioned as they were earlier on and it seemed that things were allowed to slip by...

What the EFL should've done is given the teams an option: Play the game as scheduled or Play it within 2 weeks or forfeit points for each subsequent week that the game is delayed... And the date has to favour the side that didn't have covid cases to postpone the game. And if the game gets postponed again, then the points get awarded to the team that they were playing... Meaning that if WE have to postpone the next fixture for Covid then we don't get punished for it.

The other issue is signings made after 1st Jan, they shouldn't be allowed to play in the rearranged fixture. I've heard people say "but can they recall players they've sold". The simple answer is no. They postponed. If they decide to sell a player then thats their choice as to when that happens in the window.

The Liverpool manager Clop told everyone. that most of the covid players were fit to play. proving that some clubs use the situation to suit themselves. Seems funny to me
That most of the Fa Cup games were played.

I do actually agree with the theory that the clubs that cancelled because of Covid shouldn’t be allowed to use players purchased in the JTW. They have gained an unfair advantage, on top of the advantage gained by cancelling the original game, which they should have played with a weakened team

They are definitely going for it with some decent signings, meanwhile we seem to be just treading water.
Seems ironic that Wilder is splashing some cash and we are skint, due to his expensive and crap signings.

Wilder will be happy more funds to spend at Boro than Jokanovic or Heckingbottom would have been offered.

Sounded very much like Boro played the rules perfectly to suit their club. I don't imagine that our former manager will really care about the interests of his former club when it comes to that game. The EFL (as well as the Premier League) have allowed themselves to be played by many clubs. To be fair to Boro, they've managed to get a good number of games played through the Christmas and New Year Period and I don't doubt that had an impact on injuries. As you said, the covid cases probably tipped the balance but thats the rules that the EFl set and also the rules of the country.

I don't think anything particularly Dubious took place with Boro, they did appear to try and get the communication with the EFL and get the game played. I don't doubt that they played the rules. I think QPR and Preston could be questioned as they were earlier on and it seemed that things were allowed to slip by...

What the EFL should've done is given the teams an option: Play the game as scheduled or Play it within 2 weeks or forfeit points for each subsequent week that the game is delayed... And the date has to favour the side that didn't have covid cases to postpone the game. And if the game gets postponed again, then the points get awarded to the team that they were playing... Meaning that if WE have to postpone the next fixture for Covid then we don't get punished for it.

The other issue is signings made after 1st Jan, they shouldn't be allowed to play in the rearranged fixture. I've heard people say "but can they recall players they've sold". The simple answer is no. They postponed. If they decide to sell a player then thats their choice as to when that happens in the window.
It's very difficult to insist new signings aren't played in a rearranged league game because this is not the case when games are cancelled because of an F.A cup game on the same date as an example, such as the 5th round, so I don't see why it should be different for covid, even though Covid rules aren't exactly the same situation, granted.

I totally agree though that the rules are to easy to manipulate for clubs that have injuries, not so sure Boro had many, QPR certainly did and we've still not got a re-arranged date for that and to me the league should insist that unless it's impossible to do so that it is played within a month if feasible and the side who was the victim, i.e. us, should be allowed to have preference on date.

It's very difficult to insist new signings aren't played in a rearranged league game because this is not the case when games are cancelled because of an F.A cup game on the same date as an example, such as the 5th round, so I don't see why it should be different for covid, even though Covid rules aren't exactly the same situation, granted.

I totally agree though that the rules are to easy to manipulate for clubs that have injuries, not so sure Boro had many, QPR certainly did and we've still not got a re-arranged date for that and to me the league should insist that unless it's impossible to do so that it is played within a month if feasible and the side who was the victim, i.e. us, should be allowed to have preference on date.
This would be totally unfair for genuine victims of covid where the playing staff can't play, which was what the rule should have been brought in for. However, it was weak and open to abuse, so impossible to enforce subjective and retrospective analysis of ''true covid'' v ''injuries, fraud & covid''. As others have said the EFL and PL have completely messed this up so there will be advantages to some and disadvantages to others. Unfortunately, we're in the latter camp and have to just get on with it. So let's do that and stop crying, it is what it is.

I do actually agree with the theory that the clubs that cancelled because of Covid shouldn’t be allowed to use players purchased in the JTW. They have gained an unfair advantage, on top of the advantage gained by cancelling the original game, which they should have played with a weakened team
But would we also then be not allowed to field all of our quality acquisitions... only joking!

Take that with a pinch of salt. We must never forget Chris Wilder is a man of integrity, as he keeps on telling us.

So despite all the evidence to the contrary, you and anybody else who doubts this is wrong.

Some of you lot love to seek out the negative, don’t you. It’s like you want to be miserable.

When you have a wank, do you gather up the cum and rub it in your eyes till it stings?
Not tried that yet does it sting worse than onions?

I hope CW’s bad luck with transfers continues as there’s no guarantee that the signing of players makes your team better for instance Mouse, McBernie, Brewster, Burke, Berge…

I always find that semen in my eyes is like farts, mine doesn’t sting, just like mine don’t smell. It’s those of others that I find problematic.

A Negative that could cost us promotion .

Middlesbrough are expected to face severe scrutiny from the EFL as FFP enters the next twelve months of its three year ‘Profit and Sustainability’ cycle.

Stoke are another Championship club who are also anticipating being under scrutiny.

Back
Top Bottom