Mick Rooker 20 years at the Lane ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Remember turning 16 in 1987 and applying to sell the United lottery tickets. Mick came to our house with the first pack. First time I felt like I was treated as an adult.

Few years later gave me a ticket for a game when he didn't have to.

Top man.

Reactions: Dkc

Rooks is a top man, both at work and privately. Enjoy your retirement pal, hope they’ve sorted you an honorary season ticket for life!

John C is a nice person, I’ve always had a good laugh with him and he’s very reliable when arranging or doing anything for you. I don’t know why some people are saying these things. He’s a blade just like us ⚔🍺

to be fair when i worked there at the lane there were quite a few of the staff that walked around like they were the bees knees and had a superiority complex but i sometimes think that comes from the top for the most part they work in what can be a stressful target based enviroment ( sell more tickets/sell more packages/sell more weddings etc etc )

believe me there were worse people employed who were proper c***s ( cough commercial cough)

John C is a nice person, I’ve always had a good laugh with him and he’s very reliable when arranging or doing anything for you. I don’t know why some people are saying these things. He’s a blade just like us ⚔🍺
It's one of the sad truths of the internet I'm afraid. Someone starts a thread like this in a positive frame and before you know it someone else has chosen this as an opportunity to be rude about someone else.

I've no dog in this fight as I don't know either of these guys but it does depress me the way people can't wait to get negative

Sad day for all Blades.What a top bloke he is. Legend is loosely used today, however in this case it applies. Happy retirement Mick and hope to see you at Bdtbl when this cursed virus is gone.👍

Thanks again Rooks brilliant servant of the club, but more than that, a decent bloke as well!

Far more than 20 years at the club overall, Mick and Andy Daykin brought Bob Booker to the Derwent Water Arms in Calver back in the early 90’s when we had our end of season awards. This was promptly followed up with a tour of the lane!

I hope that the first game back with full capacity of fans and a packed ground that the club bring Rooks back for a proper send off!

I can only echo what everyone else is saying. Top man Rooks. As a student many moons ago, I'd come back for the games and sell 50/50 tickets. Mick was always great. Enjoy your retirement!

Good luck and best wishes in your retirement. Enjoy yourself.

The staff at the Lane have always been a decent bunch but Mick is something else nothing was ever too much trouble for him. I can't imagine a Bramall Lane without Mick wandering around before kick off I'd bet he is on first name terms with half of a 30,000 crowd he just seems to know everyone. All the best Rooks a true SUFC ambassador.

Top man is Rooks, the phrase ‘great servant’ is often used but rarely deserved but Mick truly is. Probably deserves a car park statue 👍

Gave you a like for the avatar also, couple of 'Quackers' there.

Helped me and mine out several times. Happy retirement Mick. You're the best.

The name ‘Mick Rooker’ takes me right back to my first games in the 1980s, seeing it in the programme, always wondering who this bloke was that I didn’t see on the pitch. As the years went by it became more and more obvious (to me - everyone else already knew it) that he was the absolute hub of SUFC, making the magic was it is. Nobody’s bigger than the club, but Mick pushes that bloody close.

Mick a true gentleman.1989.greeted me and a friend at the door where you go into the exec seats. Blades v Colchester fa cup 3-3 draw.
The only time I have sat there. I won the Blades revival draw. I think you will remember me because of that. a great day.saw you at most home games.
Have a great retirement and all the best.

Well I feel cheated here 😂

I have been following the Blades since the late 60s and I've never had any dealings or crossed paths with this great man. Reading all the tributes on here, although I don't know you Mick, you obviously are a top man, so all the very best mate.

Back
Top Bottom