Men Of Steel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

People call out the prince but I tell you what if McCabe was still owner Berge would have been in Belgium about 2 weeks ago for peanuts. Credit where it’s due he stood firm on the fee not getting carried away till 7th though. Shame about Kone mind. Today was exhausting hope that doesn’t happen again for along time 😂

Last edited:
The big five European counties window's are closed now but there's still 5 days to go in Belgian. The Champions league window closes midnight tomorrow though so that's effectively the deadline for Berge. They are so far off that i just can't see it happening though.

People call out the prince but I tell you what if McCabe was still owner Berge would have been in Belgium about 2 weeks ago for peanuts. Credit where it’s due he stood firm on the fee not getting carried away till 7th though. Shame about Kone mind. Today was exhausting hope that doesn’t happen again for along time 😂
I went shopping with my daughter. Totally chilled.

2 weeks ago….. he’d have gone last summer for a packet a pork scratchings…..

The prince is a sports lover, he’s more bothered about us competing than making a quick buck….the faster our fans realise this the better as I’d soon have him than most of these billionaires, who are only in it for one thing and have no affinity to the clubs they own.

As Blades we are generally eternal pessimists and with good reason on past experiences with previous owners being largely short sighted and opting for the quick buck or panicking into selling our prized assets (Deane/Fjortoft same day madness, Beattie Flu, Maguires sunburn to name a few "recent" examples).
All can be forgiven for thinking that we were going to take the 12 million offer from Bruges and that Egan was going to go to Leeds for 8 million bearing in mind that we were effectively told that we may sell to ease the financial pressure of relegation.
However we have to give credit to the Owner/Boardroom etc who have held firm on their valuation of players and not subjected the club to a fire sale. Furthermore they have invested (I would say wisely) in new additions to make us look a lot stronger than we did last season.
Anel is currently looking a steal at 3-5 million.
Davies (if not for his injury) was a sensible (reasonable wage) option as back up/competition for Wes.
To compensate for MGW we have brought in Khadra who has started slowly but has shown in his few cameo appearances that he will offer us a lot in attack.
The 2 lads from Man City could be described as a bit of a gamble (Doyle less so after appearing in the championship last season) but come with good reputations and glowing references from people around their club/fans of City. Doyle has already shown a calm confidence and Mcatee has had mixed displays where he has been good in the most but joined most of the team in being not so good at Luton.
Clark will prove valuable for his experience and fitness permitting will do well for us.
Overall for an outlay of 3-5 million (plus wages) we have made the squad look so much stronger than it was.
We have competition for places in most positions with the main areas of worry being at wing back and CB if we get more injuries but we also have the currently injured players to return. If they come back as good as they were before injury then we will be stronger still with the return of the likes of Bogle, Sharp, JLT, Enda, Fleck (some later than others) there will be some serious competition for places that should bode well for us as the season goes on. We can also dream of a return to fitness of JOC.....

The only thing that would make this transfer period one that we could describe as Perfect would be a long contract extension for Ndiaye!

Lots of reason for optimism.

I'm guessing if brugge met the release clause in the next 24 hours it could still happen. Unless we said to Sander really it has to be done within the window.

If we had let Berge go for the right fee and brought in a replacement still can't knock this window.
Let's not get carried away but it's been a decent one.
Icing on the cake would be a new deal for N'Diaye. Get him on. 4 or 5 year deal!

Fuck me how many times. European windows still open and Berge can still go to Brugge if they pay the release clause
Fuck me how many times they can't afford him simple. They smashed there record with a 16m striker where the fuck are brugge gonna dig another 35m up from?

Well done to the owners. And Hecky for his pragmatic view plus clear wish to keep the squad as is.
It's a pity the dozens of posters who bad mouth people at the club haven't got the common sense the post something upbeat instead of the usual dross.

Well done Blades, an even more exciting season ahead of us.

Fuck me how many times. European windows still open and Berge can still go to Brugge if they pay the release clause
The release clause is £35m. They weren't even prepared to come up into the £20m area.
We had Kone lines up just in case, as a replacement, that can't happen now.
It's finished.

Point is. If a club meets the release clause then Berge can talk to them and if he agrees terms, united cant do anything to stop it. They have no say.Berge has the decision
They would have to more than double their current highest bid to meet the release clause, which is also an important factor.
It isn't going to happen. That's not to say the board couldn't or wouldn't accept a lower bid than the release clause. I'm just saying no one is paying it.

Foxy Linz

On other forums they have a system where swear words/banned words are turned into asterisks.

Can you do something similar in here with the fucking words FAX MACHINE!!

😜😜
that was my point. its gone...for good
they would have to double the sale of half time waffles to find another 10m

Prince Abdullah
Bettis
Yusuf

As this transfer window draws to a close, and we not only retain every asset required to pave a path to the promised land, you have backed Hecky with real winners.

I just want to say Thank you!

Forged in steel indeed.

Prince Abdullah
Bettis
Yusuf

As this transfer window draws to a close, and we not only retain every asset required to pave a path to the promised land, you have backed Hecky with real winners.

I just want to say Thank you!

Forged in steel indeed.

Well said , but you missed out Paul Mitchell and the recruitment team .

From comments I’ve read on here I got the distinct impression that they spent most of their time in the back room at the Cricketers playing crib and smoking tab ends when they should have been out and about looking at players.

After the signings / loans in just one window of Angel , Khadra . Doyle and McAtee and with a replacement in place for Berge just in case , I’m now beginning to wonder if this suggestion may have been somewhat misguided and that their contribution towards building the formidable squad which we now have has been significantly underestimated .

:)

Back
Top Bottom