memories

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Name that movie/music video :)
When was this sitwell?
and where?
im guessing a little after hillsboro disaster but cant name the ground.

MunXy

Attachments

• Name-That.....JPG
    Name-That.....JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 363
Mr Bean on the right of the half way line with the white jumper on

Facing the camera, to the left of the fat kid, Mickey Pierce.

Name that movie/music video :)
When was this sitwell?
and where?
im guessing a little after hillsboro disaster but cant name the ground.

MunXy

Brighton Away at The Goldstone Ground 1984ish ?

I think I can recognise a few facing the camera, therefore was this taken by a Brighton fan ?

nick kershaw still in costume to the `riddle` bottom left.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

quiet a few old faces on there ,might have been the old bill that took the pic .

p627730.jpg

Most of these lads stil go to the Lane now ,we were all proper Blades fans and away games were great fun ,the match ,the banter ,the 'dancing' and the night out after. Great times.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

It was Brighton ,early 80s btw

p627730.jpg

Most of these lads stil go to the Lane now ,we were all proper Blades fans and away games were great fun ,the match ,the banter ,the 'dancing' and the night out after. Great times.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

It was Brighton ,early 80s btw
iron bars stepson will be pleased lol

p627731.jpg

Retreat :)
Sad picture for me this one ,one of my best mates is on it and he unfortunately died a couple of years ago after a long illness. RIP Phil.

p627731.jpg

Retreat :)
Sad picture for me this one ,one of my best mates is on it and he unfortunately died a couple of years ago after a long illness. RIP Phil.
great pics sitwell brings back memories of great times ,the lads did stick together ,and on rare occasions they still come out to dance ! even if the legs arnt quite the same .sad to say that some of those lads are no longer with us .

I'm on it, doing a modern day sir lancealot impression, happy days

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

What a mad weekend that was by the way

Remember it well. Got down early that Saturday morning for the weekend by the sea. There was scrapping in virtually every pub before the game. It was the day of the Bradford fire disaster - we didnt even realise it had happened until we bought the newspapers the day after.

And this ladies and gentlemen is why stadiums are all seaters, football fans were treated like scum by the police and society in general and you couldn't buy a pint in the ground for decades. The good old days? I don't think so.

No it's not, they still are and it was more to do with facilites than anything else. They were, and they weren't.

And this ladies and gentlemen is why stadiums are all seaters, football fans were treated like scum by the police and society in general and you couldn't buy a pint in the ground for decades. The good old days? I don't think so.

Depends how you want to live your life ,if your not on the edge you're taking up too much room. Have a look at this pic and find any sad faces even though the Brighton fans are running away. The good old days really were. Players playing with freedom represented the feeling of the time. If you didn't want to get involved you really didn't.
p627733.jpg

Remember the Brighton weekend well, we got there on Thursday afternoon and still missed the kick off, we got there at half time, as we didn't realise their ground was in Hove several miles away.

One of the funniest things was when we came out of Rosies Bar ? on the seafront, my best mate KB, walked off to catch the last 92 from Pond Street !!!!!!!!, being true friends we left him to it :)

Depends how you want to live your life ,if your not on the edge you're taking up too much room. Have a look at this pic and find any sad faces even though the Brighton fans are running away. The good old days really were. Players playing with freedom represented the feeling of the time. If you didn't want to get involved you really didn't.

rosesunglasses.jpg

Completely agree Rattley, it's the terraces that are to blame. I got battered outside all-seater St Andrews by a mob of Brummies chanting "Zulu". They must have come straight off the terrace at Nuneaton Borough... :rolleyes:

I'd disagree about the terraces Rodley, but unfortunately the government at the time thought otherwise and the bad behaviour of certain sections of football fans just gave them the ammunition they needed. Same reason we were kicked out of Europe for so long. Just a bit of fun? Might have been for some, but for those of us who actually like watching football it spoiled our fun for years.

Remember the Brighton weekend well, we got there on Thursday afternoon and still missed the kick off, we got there at half time, as we didn't realise their ground was in Hove several miles away.

One of the funniest things was when we came out of Rosies Bar ? on the seafront, my best mate KB, walked off to catch the last 92 from Pond Street !!!!!!!!, being true friends we left him to it :)

Would that be the KB who was also best mates with KW ?. I remember when we used to go to match together With the Late HW and you also used to be pals with their Dereck

The good old days really were. Players playing with freedom represented the feeling of the time. If you didn't want to get involved you really didn't.

Hey Sitwell, does this mean that the 14 year old kid killed by the collapsing wall at Birmingham knocked down by rampaging Leeds fans (on the same day as the Brighton game) was somehow "getting involved"? And what about those 39 people killed at Heysel 2 weeks later?

The good old days really were. Players playing with freedom represented the feeling of the time. If you didn't want to get involved you really didn't.

Hey Sitwell, does this mean that the 14 year old kid killed by the collapsing wall at Birmingham knocked down by rampaging Leeds fans (on the same day as the Brighton game) was somehow "getting involved"? And what about those 39 people killed at Heysel 2 weeks later?

I am surprised that the owners of this site has let this run and shown photographs of lobotomised idiots from the Pre Cambrian age on the rampage.

mall ,remove head from arse,its a football forum,the photos are about another time in football and those of us involved in those times are niether lobotomised or idiots and I doubt any of us are ashamed of anything we did during what were our teens and 20s.

Could have been worse we could have been like some of the youth of today who spend hours playing games on a pc and watching crap like Harry Potter

I am surprised that the owners of this site has let this run and shown photographs of lobotomised idiots from the Pre Cambrian age on the rampage.
as one of the lads there at the time i can say it was a culture thing. there was a lot of fronting up but not much violence really .and as i came from a close village community we stuck together when things got a bit naughty .let us old uns put a few pictures up and remember our young adult lives .anyway keep thee nose out .

Back
Top Bottom