Media Coverage - Blades Ramble Spot On

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

originaltrueblade

Reaction score
Stated by Jimmy and he’s absolutely right how the media dismissed United before we had even transferred out any players. Even though we have brought players that improve us little mention of it.

We got promoted automatically on merit but you would think we had been dropped in there as an afterthought

Cameron Archer his Premier League debut for us his wonderful strike and the second which was another wonderful strike, well he didn’t even get a mention on BBC match of the day.
Comments by pundits just dismissing us apart from Benjamin Bloom who looks at everything.

It’s all about the big six. It’s been like this for ages. The last time we got promoted totally dismissed and they were in deep shock that we were so good.

Talk sport Jacob’s what an absolute dick head

Tell you what Blades let’s shove it right up em as we gradually start to climb the table. We are going to shock a few along the way.

UTMB

Written us off ? We have 0 points from 3 games sold our two best players and spent relatively not a great amount

I don’t know why people nibble so much the whole point of them saying this stuff is for clicks/reaction

If owt I’d much rather us be wrote off

Written us off ? We have 0 points from 3 games sold our two best players and spent relatively not a great amount

I don’t know why people nibble so much the whole point of them saying this stuff is for clicks/reaction

Keep up we have a point from four games

I don't understand why people get worked up about media not paying much attention. So what? Are we really wanting to hear someone who rarely watches our games in full speak about George Baldock?
What he said.

On the evidence so far, we look the best equipped of the promoted teams to survive this season...if only there was one more crapper side than us

Stated by Jimmy and he’s absolutely right how the media dismissed United before we had even transferred out any players. Even though we have brought players that improve us little mention of it.

We got promoted automatically on merit but you would think we had been dropped in there as an afterthought

Cameron Archer his Premier League debut for us his wonderful strike and the second which was another wonderful strike, well he didn’t even get a mention on BBC match of the day.
Comments by pundits just dismissing us apart from Benjamin Bloom who looks at everything.

It’s all about the big six. It’s been like this for ages. The last time we got promoted totally dismissed and they were in deep shock that we were so good.

Talk sport Jacob’s what an absolute dick head

Tell you what Blades let’s shove it right up em as we gradually start to climb the table. We are going to shock a few along the way.

UTMB
I think that only 4 matches in is too early, especially as players adapt and get used to the new challenge laid down by much more consistent EPL sides.
If we were hoping for more points against weaker opposition, then Palace and Forest gave us a decent warning what to expect this season.

We have 10/12 new signings still coming to terms with a new club. Not all of them can be expected to fit together straight away.

I like Jimmy and his enthusiasm is infectious, but we are not firing on all cylinders yet. I still think we will surprise a few teams that are tempted to take us for granted. Best staying under the radar, no matter what lazy no mark pundits say, or don’t say!

Don't take notice of the mainstream football media - we've recently been in the Prem so we're not a novelty this season...that's been reserved for Luton this year (see Brentford/Bournemouth/Forest/Brighton/Leeds in previous years).
We're also not doing anything ground breaking tactically (see over/underlapping centre backs for previous example), so we're of little interest to tactics analysts.
We'll pick up one or two surprise results against the Big 6 and we'll be flavour of the week for that moment, but other than that the best we can hope for in terms of media attention is to be one of the players in an end of season relegation battle (I'd prefer mid table obscurity)

1 point from 4 games.

Berge wasn't even in our top 5 best players

Pareto Rule.
Applies in many areas of commerce, industry, life etc.
This is just the same.
Not worth getting all hetup about it.

No I’ve always known that it’s just that Jimmy highlighted it yesterday and it’s worth commenting on. But hey ho thanks for your very constructive input

Has he actually put out a video where he doesn't moan about Larouchi?

We’ve never been successful enough in the right era to be a nationaly popular team. Our most successful period was in the early 20th century. We have only had flashes of success since. For teams like us and there are many, I believe there needs to be an initial good story and then a period of consistency. Until we establish ourselves in the prem this meh attitude towards us will continue.

I don't pine for us to get media attention, but the fact that the MOTD pundits didn't even mention, literally not a word, about Archer scoring on his league debut (and this is after Shearer specifically saying the week before that we needed reinforcements up front) yet chose to spend time talking about Everton's new striker who didn't score, was just ridiculous. Then when it got to 'our' section, they decided to talk about Pickford's performance. Laughable.

I don't care if they fawn over us or not, but they are there to asses both teams, and should at least acknowledge the things we do well, or slag us off for the things we aren't doing. But to ignore us, is pretty disrespectful really.

It’s always good thing to be underestimated. While the media are busy blowing smoke up Kompanys arse, he might start to believe his own publicity and it might cloud his own judgment.👍

its wouldnt be so bad but burnley have been the worst of the 3 promoted sides so far & yet nobody is writing them off, but then we are used to them being seduced by big names

I get your point, but it's always been the same. People rarely talk about Crystal Palace, Brentford, Fulham, Bournemouth yet they've been established for years now because its not interesting or controversial. Talking about Man Utd/ Chelsea's misfortunes, Arsenals redemption & Man Citys excellence is what captivates a wider audience. I wouldn't worry about it, ultimately who cares?

Apologies but Jimmy’s behaviour around our transfers, mainly Berge, just proved to me that he’s not an unbiased source of information. He’s lost any impartiality credit for me and so I don’t listen anymore.

There’s no reason why the information he’s privy too can’t go to local journalists for varied reporting.

I’m not anti-Prince btw, just find these social media accounts to be all spinning the same narratives, with the shared connection of having ins with the Prince.

Ndiaye
McAtee
McBurnie
Anel
Baldock

Even Wes, Egan and Norwood I'd have above Berge.

All contributed more in goals, assists and clean sheets. They were bigger players for the team. We don't miss Sander.

Cmon Iliman thats absoloute toilet talk

Id go Ndaiye

Then Berge/Anel

Then the rest

Apologies but Jimmy’s behaviour around our transfers, mainly Berge, just proved to me that he’s not an unbiased source of information. He’s lost any impartiality credit for me and so I don’t listen anymore.

There’s no reason why the information he’s privy too can’t go to local journalists for varied reporting.

I’m not anti-Prince btw, just find these social media accounts to be all spinning the same narratives, with the shared connection of having ins with the Prince.

Completeley agree i like the Sufc way and Jimmy ramble but they arent going to bite the hand that feeds them

Laughable when The prince goes on the SUFC way for a chat , when he has them in his box at the lane and wembley

I prefer this kind of treatment to that we were given when everyone was tonguing Chris Wilder's ring piece and going on about 'overlapping centre backs' all the time. We got bigged up and then fell flat with a massive bump. I prefer it when everyone thinks we are still managed by Dave Bassett and play hoofball (which isn't far off the mark at the moment in fairness!).

Jimmy isn't there to be impartial. He openly invites everyones opinions. If you disagree with his views then it's not a problem to him and he'll even read out comments with views he dosen't agree with.
I have followed SUW for a couple of years, and The Ramble from the start. I don't always agree, but largely do.

Back
Top Bottom