McNulty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Punk Blade

Reaction score
I've seen a few positive posts about him but not sure if there's a thread been taken over by a discussion on it so apologies if this is duplicated.

I've just watched the highlights from yesterday, and that is a cracking header. I also remember him doing some excellent defensive work high up the pitch at 2-1.

The lad works hard, makes a nuisance of himself, gets in good positions and is a natural goalscorer. The header yesterday shows that you don't have to be big to score from a cross if the delivery is good and you know how to head a ball. McNulty has shown beyond doubt that he has the potential to be the striker everybody wants and it would be criminal for him to be left out of the starting XI any longer. Yes have a settled back four, yes get JCR in from the start, yes be willing to leave Wallace/Scougs/Baxter on the bench if they are not fully fit or under performing, but #1 priority for me is giving McNulty a proper run in the team to really show what he can do.

He scores strikers goals too ,I loved the one at Chesterfield. I think he has the potential to become a remembered name here.
A lot would have panicked in that position at Chesterfield.
He shows great composure when in posetion and terrific awareness of creating space.

He scores strikers goals too ,I loved the one at Chesterfield. I think he has the potential to become a remembered name here.

Yep, if you watch the finish at Swindon too you get that sense; he rolls it with his foot along with floor before lifting it past the keeper. Not flashy, just the best way to get it in the net.

My personal view of mcnutty is, one of the best first touches in the entire squad.
From what I've seen, doesn't panic, seems to understand his own weaknesses but tries to combat them.
Runs into good positions, if the ball goes into the box he never seems to be more than a yard or two away, saying his anticipation is pretty good but will get better, can head the ball, not too bad with both feet, and not afraid to get in where it hurts.
A definite starter for me and I honestly believe given a little run to build his confidence he will get 15+ goals, very possibly 20+ given the service and game time.
Play him bring higden on as the impact player like porter last season or even porter but mcnutty has to start.

Last edited:
Nailed on he won't be in the starting 11 against Bradford - unfortunately.

If this is the case, makes me question NC saying the stuff about competition and earning a shirt.

McNulty has more than earned a shirt IMO

McN's goal/ playing time ratio must be excellent. Good start for a young lad bought as an" improver". Boy do we need good news in the striking department.

Yep, if you watch the finish at Swindon too you get that sense; he rolls it with his foot along with floor before lifting it past the keeper. Not flashy, just the best way to get it in the net.
Been saying same myself. Same with shot cleared off the line in the previous home game. Could have gone down, didn't and worked a position to shoot on target from a tight angle initially. Ok, was cleared off the line, but took his time to get the best chance. Same as against Chesterfield. Most players would have just tried shooting straight away. He tried to ensure he would score. Still think he'd be even better in a 4-4-2 though, maybe next to Higdon.

Been saying same myself. Same with shot cleared off the line in the previous home game. Could have gone down, didn't and worked a position to shoot on target from a tight angle initially. Ok, was cleared off the line, but took his time to get the best chance. Same as against Chesterfield. Most players would have just tried shooting straight away. He tried to ensure he would score. Still think he'd be even better in a 4-4-2 though, maybe next to Higdon.

I am glad people are beginning to see what a quality striker Mcnulty can become.

He has quick feet, quick brain (many examples over past couple of months), early and confident passer of the ball (same as Scoogal, and I put this down to the coach at Livingston, who is now with CELTIC) and general awareness of other players.

Sitters mentioned this in another post - Mcnulty has all the attributes to be a great striker for the Blades.

remember, he is 22, just moved down from his "home" in Scotland and has probably taken a bit of time to settle.

Next time you see him play - watch the ball control, or first touch - it's exceptional. We have a potential star on our hands here - just give him a chance fellas.

UTB

Yes,I've been hoping he gets a run in the team..it's a big step up from playing for Livingston to Saturday,Tuesday in League 1 over a longer season..but he's finding his feet already and starting to bag a few goals.Looks to be a decent finisher,calm,links up well,works hard..I think he'll score goals given the service.Hopefully he'll get a start v Bradford,but I'm already confident if he comes off the bench he's likely to score...that disallowed goal should have stood for me aswell,not sure why it wasn't given.

Seems to be improving all the time, quite impressed with him in recent games. Along with JCR can't be far off from starting/getting a decent run in the team.

The only reason i can think as to why he's not starting games is that he's still being punished for clearing our equalizer off the line against Brizzle City.

I just think if Nigel won't start him at home to Orient then there's little chance of starting him in an away match where we are always too cautious. Hope I'm wrong though as he's earned his place in recent weeks.

I see he has been compared to Billy Sharp in this thread. I said on Saturday I think he seems a bit of a Ched (apologies for going there!) type player. Some of the runs he does, how he holds off defenders while turning them and also creating a chance from little/being in the right place right time

I see he has been compared to Billy Sharp in this thread. I said on Saturday I think he seems a bit of a Ched (apologies for going there!) type player. Some of the runs he does, how he holds off defenders while turning them and also creating a chance from little/being in the right place right time

The club website thinks he's a midfielder:

http://www.sufc.co.uk/team/player-profile/marc-mcnulty/12

(and they can't spell Diego's surname either)

I just think if Nigel won't start him at home to Orient then there's little chance of starting him in an away match where we are always too cautious. Hope I'm wrong though as he's earned his place in recent weeks.
Don't take this the wrong way,but from my memory,Mcnuts has started quite a few away games and with Higdon missing he certainly will start.

I think we're actually a BIT more offensive from the start in away games and in actual fact not as negative as you think,although i'm not saying we chuck the kitchen sink at anyone,far from it,but we will start with a striker,just like we have in every other away match i can remember this season.Get JCR in with him and we will cause Bradford no end of problems.

Back
Top Bottom