McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Playing phenomenal in his final year maybe the prince was right. Keep this McBurnie and BBD partnership next season and watching football might become enjoyable again.
Neither will be here next season.

I can't see how we replace him on such a little budget.
We'll end up with Sam Gallagher or similar.

some thrive on misery and thrive even more on trying to spread it to others. Whilst l’d imagine most of those who’ve been are feeling as if it’s a loss, the negative armchair bores are in like Flynn.
Come on Sean you love shoutbox deep down...

If Archer, Souza & Ahmedhodzic all go I think we’ll be fine.

I think you’re right

I certainly wouldn’t miss any of them

The issue of course is who we get in to replace them? Wilder has two extremes of signings. In the early days he achieved wonders. (Egan, JOC, Baldock, Enda, Fleck etc) in his latter day signings though…………..need I go on?

I think you’re right

I certainly wouldn’t miss any of them

The issue of course is who we get in to replace them? Wilder has two extremes of signings. In the early days he achieved wonders. (Egan, JOC, Baldock, Enda, Fleck etc) in his latter day signings though…………..need I go on?
His recent signings are BBD / Holgate / Grbic.

I think the club are in control of more signings like Grbic. Theres no way he’s a Wilder signing.

BBD looks our best player and Holgate was the best defender yesterday. So his most recent signings look good unless you’re talking about his signings from 4 years ago?

You can go back to Boro days brought Akpom back in from the cold and some of there best players Mcgree and Clarke. Recently his signings have been good.

His recent signings are BBD / Holgate / Grbic.

I think the club are in control of more signings like Grbic. Theres no way he’s a Wilder signing.

BBD looks our best player and Holgate was the best defender yesterday. So his most recent signings look good unless you’re talking about his signings from 4 years ago?

You can go back to Boro days brought Akpom back in from the cold and some of there best players Mcgree and Clarke. Recently his signings have been good.

I meant more recent during his last spell when in the PL

Brewster, Burke, Lowe, etc

I still think there’s a player in Brewster however. If only he could stay fit ffs

I meant more recent during his last spell when in the PL

Brewster, Burke, Lowe, etc

I still think there’s a player in Brewster however. If only he could stay fit ffs
Agree with the Brewster staying fit.

I agree with Burke… Lowe was okay for his value to performance level. Good in the championship.

But as a fan base we judge it as Chris last signings but they are 3 years or so ago now. His signings at Boro were good, he didn’t make any at Watford and his signings for blades this Jan seem good. BBD is our best player I would say.

I think the club are taking more responsibility for some signings like Grbic but it seems they don’t make any great signings.

Yesterday showed what we'll miss. There's no doubt he's now a capable striker at PL level. Someone who can afford to have him miss half the games should take a punt on him

It also looks like a great partnership with Brereton. They'd kill the championship, it'd be great to see. It's quite gut wrenching that yesterday while knowing neither will be here next season. Brereton is just doing too well to give us any chance of getting him back. He'll probably go to Forest

Our attack is actually more than good enough to stay up. It's the sort of frontline we should have started the season with. If all are fit then McB, BBD, Archer and McAtee is as good as anything we've ever had. Shame about the rest of the team

I'm genuinely torn on McBurnie. I am in no doubt he is a good player and will get goals at Championship and PL level (he has done this already). The massive question mark is his fitness. How long can we keep having our talisman-type player available for what a third of the season only?

I'd edge towards trying to keep but I'd understand if we didnt bother.

I was talking to someone at the club who’s ‘pretty much’ in the know but not quite in the board room and he said that McBernie wants to stay but his contract if he resigns designates a wage increase irrespective of what division we’re in next season.

I was talking to someone at the club who’s ‘pretty much’ in the know but not quite in the board room and he said that McBernie wants to stay but his contract if he resigns designates a wage increase irrespective of what division we’re in next season.
He doesn’t want to stay that much then! An increase after relegation is nonsensical.

For the record I’d like him to stay, but not on more wages in the champ than the Premier when we’re trying to cut costs.

Even if that's true, surely it would be better to re-sign him on the higher wage than bring in a newbie. The new signing may not want the same weekly wage, but he'll want a decent signing on fee on top

He divides opinion like no other player, but, in my opinion if he goes he will be missed
Divides opinion ?

Perhaps the only player in the history of the club to publicly declare his being “wank” and a huge section of our support not believing it 😂.

His skill set as a number 9 is incredibly limited.

We could and really now should be looking for a long overdue upgrade.

UTB

Surely if both sides agree, his contract can be terminated and a new one negotiated?

With Rangers hovering though I guess why would he?

I don’t think Rangers are really that interested in him. A couple of months ago I was sure he would sign a new deal now I’m leaning towards him not but we’re still talking so let’s see. I wouldn’t be suprised if he’s in premier league next season. If he’s not here it’s a massive void to fill in my opinion and we won’t get any better. Some off the stick he gets from some of our fans is a joke but to me he’d been a really good player for us and also you can tell her really cares for the club.

Divides opinion ?

Perhaps the only player in the history of the club to publicly declare his being “wank” and a huge section of our support not believing it 😂.

His skill set as a number 9 is incredibly limited.

We could and really now should be looking for a long overdue upgrade.

UTB
Name a better number 9 in the championship

Bamford,Ugbo,Adams.
smzodics and Summerville

Agree on ugbo and Adam’s, but for me bamford is maybe a bit more cultured, but also a lot more of a cunt, a face you’d never tire of slapping and nowhere near as useful defending - I’d rather have McB than that shithouse

Back
Top Bottom