McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You have no idea what the budget is
It won't be us signing players for 20 million like we did with mcburnie! If it's anything like our last two championship seasons anything above 5 would be big!

Anel was 3.5 million. That was it.

It won't be a lot will it?

Maybe the fans could sell some raffle tickets for the grand national next week to buy us the next Glyn Hodges?
You could do a sponsored open mic night and sign us kyllian mbappe
It won't be us signing players for 20 million like we did with mcburnie! If it's anything like our last two championship seasons anything above 5 would be big!

I agree with you but it's just our opinion so let's not state things as fact eh ?

You could do a sponsored open mic night and sign us kyllian mbappe

I agree with you but it's just our opinion so let's not state things as fact eh ?
I think it's well within the realms of realistic probability! It would be a turn up if we had a huge budget even with a takeover!

I don’t understand why people think that paying big transfer fees in the championship holds the importance it once did. Which other clubs in the championship are? What counts is the wage bill, and ours will be at the upper end.

I don’t understand why people think that paying big transfer fees in the championship holds the importance it once did. Which other clubs in the championship are? What counts is the wage bill, and ours will be at the upper end.
While the day of ten million for Rhodes era spending is over you still need to spend a fair bit! We only have two years of parachute payments, no sellable players in the Ramsdale type fee, a mass clearing of players with contracts up and a owner who wants out.

While the day of ten million for Rhodes era spending is over you still need to spend a fair bit! We only have two years of parachute payments, no sellable players in the Ramsdale type fee, a mass clearing of players with contracts up and a owner who wants out.

YOU FOUND YOUR OWN CLUB THEN

While the day of ten million for Rhodes era spending is over you still need to spend a fair bit! We only have two years of parachute payments, no sellable players in the Ramsdale type fee, a mass clearing of players with contracts up and an owner who wants out.
In the last two seasons Ipswich Town’s total transfer spend has been £5m. Their wage bill is far less than ours will be next season. This is fairly common for the championship as a whole. The top 6 is generally dominated by those with parachute payments supplemented by those with good management.

You need to pay decent wages to get out of the championship. You don’t need to pay big transfer fees.

some thrive on misery and thrive even more on trying to spread it to others. Whilst l’d imagine most of those who’ve been are feeling as if it’s a loss, the negative armchair bores are in like Flynn.

In the last two seasons Ipswich Town’s total transfer spend has been £5m. Their wage bill is far less than ours will be next season. This is fairly common for the championship as a whole. The top 6 is generally dominated by those with parachute payments supplemented by those with good management.

You need to pay decent wages to get out of the championship. You don’t need to pay big transfer fees.
Realistically we probably need at least 5 starters of a top championship level. I doubt there are that many free/cheap. Then we need squad players too!

As I said at the time, we proved in our first Prem promotion season under Wilder that this isn’t the case.
While I think it's possible to do it it's also very hard and momentum isn't something we have. We also were able to sell a good player who hadn't really fully established himself in that side for big money to bring others in who got us over the line

While I think it's possible to do it it's also very hard and momentum isn't something we have. We also were able to sell a good player who hadn't really fully established himself in that side for big money to bring others in who got us over the line

It is hard but it isn’t impossible.

I take it McB is off at the end of the season?

Shame we won’t be able to sign BBD for next season. Would be a real asset in the Championship. Always a threat when running at defences

Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but we're in the realms of a total rebuild.

Hard to imagine we can make as many as 12+ signings of sufficient quality without spending anything on transfer fees.

But we can hope...

Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but we're in the realms of a total rebuild.

Hard to imagine we can make as many as 12+ signings of sufficient quality without spending anything on transfer fees.

But we can hope...
We will spend on transfer fees.

If Archer, Souza & Ahmedhodzic all go I think we’ll be fine.

Financially that gets us back square, but then all those players need replacing.
As will the ones out of contract, which is almost everyone (expect kids & Hamer?)

How do you know?

That clubs lose money when they're relegated and need to fill that void with sales?

Financially that gets us back square, but then all those players need replacing.
As will the ones out of contract, which is almost everyone (expect kids & Hamer?)

That clubs lose money when they're relegated and need to fill that void with sales?
I think we will have a lot of the Souza & Ahmedhodzic money to spend. The club has also budgeted far better for relegation than last time. But you carry on catastrophising if that’s what makes you happy 😊

I think we will have a lot of the Souza & Ahmedhodzic money to spend. The club has also budgeted far better for relegation than last time. But you carry on catastrophising if that’s what makes you happy 😊
Archer goes back brings in (we don't know for sure but roughly) 9 million.

I don't see Anel going to a premier league club nor Souza.

I don't see how we get to the Ramsdale fee and then need to replace those three on top of a current need to rebuild AND contracts running out while making cuts like all relegation sides need to do.

Back
Top Bottom