McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't mind keeping him, but he definitely needs STRONG competition in the Big Centre Forward position, someone that could bag 20+ in the championship. Having him as our only big forward (with any goalscoring credentials) has hampered us over several seasons.
I agree. But I think with the experience he’s picking up this season (and Wilder clearly likes him) Osula could potentially be a big player in the championship next season.

Felt sorry for him. Was pretty much having his shirt ripped off his back all game and not getting anything.

Meanwhile Baldock goes shoulder to shoulder and ref blows it up quicker than a knife fight in a phone booth.

Agreed he had two Luton lands obstructing him at every aerial ball. Then when he tries to use his own strength to push them off him it's a free a kick to them.

Not even sure he has much of reputation on the pitch either (more so off it though), as he has never been that sort of big bruising target man. We have tried to make him become a target man during Hecky's time here.

Agreed he had two Luton lands obstructing him at every aerial ball. Then when he tries to use his own strength to push them off him it's a free a kick to them.

Not even sure he has much of reputation on the pitch either (more so off it though), as he has never been that sort of big bruising target man. We have tried to make him become a target man during Hecky's time here.

Oh for the Swansea days of Oli Mcburnie who would carry the ball forward driving at defenders with surprisingly decent footwork.

Any bias that might exist is usually there for a reason.

That may be but it doesn’t excuse a referee from not giving a foul in McBurnie’s favour when he should do. A foul is a foul, regardless of a player’s reputation.

Basically because every time he challenges for the ball his primary objective is to go to ground in the hope of winning a

The one that existed rent free in the minds of the many apologists who have mistakenly taken the lad for a footballer ever since ?

Maybe !

UTB.
mcburnie can go for me if anybody comes in with anything over 5m

mcburnie can go for me if anybody comes in with anything over 5m
With nothing effectively on his current contract, his wages off the books and a free / token gesture transfer fee would be the best we could realistically hope for.

Or sign a new contract with us to “protect” the value of the “asset”.

Interesting window coming up !!

UTB

With nothing effectively on his current contract, his wages off the books and a free / token gesture transfer fee would be the best we could realistically hope for.

Or sign a new contract with us to “protect” the value of the “asset”.

Interesting window coming up !!

UTB
yes agree if we could get 5m for mcburnie i think that would be good business

So you agree that he’s the victim of bias from the referees?
Definitely - and that hinders the team - so whether it's fair or not , it a disadvantage which he brings and I can't see it ever changing - it's the old "give a dog a bad name" principle.

The thing with McBurnie is his availability. I like him and what he offers, but he's never had a prolonged run of fitness, availability and form in all the years he's been here.

When would you say his golden period here was? In terms of a good run of both appearances and performances.

For that reason, he'll be hard pushed trying to convince another club to pay him a bumper deal, because he's just not as reliable as he should be.

A player that turns in these numbers, and the contribution-per-90 numbers he turned in last season, and is capable of doing it for 38/46 games per season is absolute not within Sheffield United's reach.

It's a similar argument to "if only McGoldrick could finish". Well, if McGoldrick could finish, he would've never signed for Sheffield United.

A player that turns in these numbers, and the contribution-per-90 numbers he turned in last season, and is capable of doing it for 38/46 games per season is absolute not within Sheffield United's reach.

It's a similar argument to "if only McGoldrick could finish". Well, if McGoldrick could finish, he would've never signed for Sheffield United.
And “if only Montgomery could pass the ball.” He wouldn’t have played 300 games for United.

The stats are misleading. Brian Deane v Ollie Mac, is this really a serious debate debate?

I’m not McBurnie’s biggest fan , but I have to say that his performance against Bournemouth was first class and that taking him off probably cost us coming away with all three points .

Having said that , any attempt to try to compare him with Brian Deane is in my view totally misguided .

The latter was far superior in virtually all aspects of the game which qualify a player to be considered as a first class striker , which Deano certainly was but which Ollie Mac sadly isn’t .

If Oli Burke could cross the ball well...

Same ?

If Oli Burke could cross the ball well...

Same ?
I know what you mean, but I think that it’s different in that McBurnie has shown that he has got the skills to be a top end Championship / low end Premier League striker, but he just can’t keep fit or stay out of trouble for long enough for us to reap the benefit. Really frustrating, in that fitness and discipline are generally easier to achieve than are footballing skills.
Oil Burke never showed me any real evidence that he could play football ( I still find his cumulative transfer record astonishing - Dozyesque levels of deception!)

All this really shows is how little we keep the ball on the carpet when Oli Mac is on the field.
Exactly this! So we have a big lump that wins headers because all we do is Gerrit forward when he's on the pitch!

Hardly the smoking gun to proving his ability! If anything the stat just shows how we revert back to 1980's style football when he plays.

Back
Top Bottom