McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The real issue has to be that he's injured again...

You could probably count the number of times Mcburnie has been at 100% fitness over the last 3 seasons on one hand.

Simply not good enough

Of course, it helps that you’re consistently being selected to play whilst still recovering from injury.

He's one of the few leaders we've got in the squad, he gives everyone a lift when he comes on. And who doesn't love it when the whole of Bramall Lane is rocking with the Mcburnie song?

Strange thread anyway. Why would you start criticising an individual player when we've just got an amazing result away against a title candidate?

Never been sure if he's an asset or an hinderance.....:tumbleweed:
I think he's both. It seemingly depends weather he's arsed or not. Sometimes when he plays he's a genuine asset though unfortunately never been a multi mill striker. I only just dare to use the word striker tbh but unfortunately that isn't his regular mood and often he seems sluggish and weak.

Personally for me I think he needs to move on. We're going to have a huge loss on him but with what we get we can at least put it towards a striker that's about as capable as him but with the ability to deliver consistently.

It's a shame really because last season I thought he had really turned a corner and found some sort of passion for the club and the game.

76 Prem matches - 9 goals that tells the whole story - we don't just need better we need much better.

Folk on here justifying the cameo against Villa - un believable - we needed someone just to hound and hound and hound them at pace- Osborn would have done better.

Sorry he was shocking.
very poor stats those 9 in 76 but it only proves what the majority of blades fans already know that mcburnie simply isnt a premier league striker mind think he will start against luton with archer and for me we have to go 4 at the back to make sure weve 4 in midfield im confident we can win this one

Mcburnie held the ball up well whenhe came on vs Villa. So much so that Villa had one punt in our box that was a regulation catch for any goalkeeper. The agendas on here 🤣🤣🤣

Yep, with McB it's not just goals. It's the assist, the tackles, the defending. He may look clumsy but he's tricky and athletic.

I think his partner gave birth yesterday. Might he be given the day off today?

Felt sorry for him. Was pretty much having his shirt ripped off his back all game and not getting anything.

Meanwhile Baldock goes shoulder to shoulder and ref blows it up quicker than a knife fight in a phone booth.

Is he worth it for the money he'll be on/wants?

If he cost £2m we write him off in the summer as a failure. Just gets a pass every time because he cost what he did and he's got a catchy song.

Nowhere near good enough for this level.
And yet he was one of our better players today..arguably our best player

He was good today. His problem is he doesn't do it regularly.

The sad thing is that he's been picked when he's not match fit which isn't really fair, but is a reflection of our poor recruitment.

He took his goal well today, great technique. Definitely one of the better players on the park
Credit to him for scoring and being in the right place at the right time but hitting the ball straight at the goalkeeper is not great technique. It reminded me of his goal v West Ham in 2019-20 in that respect.

I actually think he’s contribution today has been understated by most fans from what I’ve seen.

I thought he was excellent! He win almost every head/arial duel and linked up with McAtee and archer as well as he could.

He’s a really useful asset to have in the squad, particularly at championship level. I would be re-signing him without a doubt. If we didn’t have him today we wouldn’t have had possession in their half. He was plan A-Z and did as good a job as he could have!

I actually think he’s contribution today has been understated by most fans from what I’ve seen.

I thought he was excellent! He win almost every head/arial duel and linked up with McAtee and archer as well as he could.

He’s a really useful asset to have in the squad, particularly at championship level. I would be re-signing him without a doubt. If we didn’t have him today we wouldn’t have had possession in their half. He was plan A-Z and did as good a job as he could have!
Totally agree. Thought his hold up and lay offs and movement was excellent,his footwork seems to have improved since Wilder came back in. I’m surprised he still had his shirt on at full time,the ref gave him zilch. When he’s fit he’s an asset.

He lost 75% of his ground duels and 100% of his aerial duels. He changed the match, as usual, in a negative way. I feel he's played pretty well recently but his recent excursions have been poor.
So he "played pretty well recently" but " his recent excursions have been poor".

Good analysis that

Bit of a mixed performance. He held it up well at times and was very unlucky with the number of fouls against him that was ignored, but I can’t get past how slow and languid he is (wasn’t the only one yesterday). If he would just run a little bit, he’d be a far better player.

I’d let him go at the end of his contract. He seems a nice bloke who’s matured with us, but the amount of times he’s unavailable and his lack of work rate, mean he’s quite an expensive ‘luxury’.

He put a decent shift in yesterday, but he's never going to be a quality player, we paid double what we should have for him and it's not come off, getting money to spend isn't the answer, spending it wisely is the answer

If we go down, which is statistically likely, he's ideal for championship.

Yep, with McB it's not just goals. It's the assist, the tackles, the defending. He may look clumsy but he's tricky and athletic.

I think his partner gave birth yesterday. Might he be given the day off today?
Wish he was Charlton Athletic.👍

I don't mind keeping him, but he definitely needs STRONG competition in the Big Centre Forward position, someone that could bag 20+ in the championship. Having him as our only big forward (with any goalscoring credentials) has hampered us over several seasons.

Back
Top Bottom