Mcburnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Going against the grain I thought McBurnie was shocking. Like a lumbering dinosaur. First half it was like McG was playing with a lame puppy. Watch it again there are time when he gave up too much on chasing the ball when if it had been Moose he would have got it. Let's face it he nearly fluffed the goal. Yet he scored, we are 5th. Onwards and positive.

this is up there with one of the worst opinions I’ve ever seen on the internet. Congratulations.

Giving him closer to 90mins says it all, will give him more confidence as well.

First half - shocking in midfield passing atrocious. Up front can’t be blamed for Lunny, Fleck and Norwood’s poor passing in the first half. In the second half Fleck and Norwood got there game together whereas Lunny was substituted for Besic who was not misplacing passes.in the second half we got back to playing as we can, don’t know what’s going on with Lunny’s game, I can understand it the last two games but not West Ham. Besic could be starting at this rate.

On the first half performance I stand by my comments. Wait till you watch the highlights and see for yourself. Its my fuckwit opinion. Stick with it. I`m entitled if you dont like it tough titty. I`m not bothered.

Its you that needs to watch the highlights though.

What chance do our players have if youve clearly just decided before the game he'll be wank. Its affecting your judgement.

Be honest, were you a bit gutted it was mcburnie who scored?

I thought McB was our best player in the first half, when most were below par. Tried to get on the ball and bring others in.
Linked up well with Mousset when he came on, and of course got his goal (although I thought he'd missed it). 2nd half similar to his performance for Swansea v us - won a lot of challenges & flick-ons against their defenders.

I am in no way a McBurnie critic but I thought that up until his goal he was as bad as I’ve seen him this season. He also started to get involved with Creswell out of frustration.

The goal went in and he turned into a proper number 9 for the rest of his time on the pitch and showed what he can do when he’s got the bit between his teeth.

Judging by the consensus view I was wrong in what I saw but I thought he and McGoldrick were passengers tonight.

I can’t think when he made the tracking tackle though, if he did that prior to the goal then that was excellent play. Didsy-esque

Spam closed us down quickly which in turn made us look poor, possession was lost easily because of the pressure from spam, Mcburnie worked hard but Fleck saw the keeper roll the ball out and ran from the halfway line to win it one of the reasons he was my motm. Utb

I kept a close eye on him because I knew this discussion would happen. The only thing he could have done better with tonight was that header. He was one of the very few on it in the first half. Won the ball lots, good passes and good energy. Obviously looked better when the team as a whole played better. Got the goal, couldn't ask for more. A good game AGAIN.

There was a few on here at HT that said he should be hung drawn and quartered. Great overall performance tonight and ran himself into the ground. Some fans don't see past their blinded opinion.
If people can't acknowledge it tonight they never will. People always claim to be happy to be proven wrong but never seem to be when it happens.

Took the game by the scruff of the neck and looked every bit a Premier League player. Not phased at all.
It's just as well really because his effort in the warm up was about 10%. I thought he was going to be miles off it.

That's an absolute insult to so many players in our squad!

Not at all we have had some outstanding team displays this season, but tonight we were far from our best, and in my opinion he was the reason we won that tonight, not just because of his goal but he took the game by the scruff of the neck, when no other player did.

And if you Know me as a poster the last thing I would ever do is insult any of our players, but as I SAW IT, as an individual display, it was the best so far

Not at all we have had some outstanding team displays this season, but tonight we were far from our best, and in my opinion he was the reason we won that tonight, not just because of his goal but he took the game by the scruff of the neck, when no other player did.

And if you Know me as a poster the last thing I would ever do is insult any of our players, but as I SAW IT, as an individual display, it was the best so far

It's not even in the top 20.

He had a good second half and an average first half. Challenged very well in the air second half.

It's not even in the top 20.

He had a good second half and an average first half. Challenged very well in the air second half.

In your opinion, I'll agree to disagree

Combined well with Mousset too when he came on, could be the start of a bloody good partnership and spell the beginning of the end for Didzy.
Oli did a good impression of an old fashioned forward on the end of the hoofball and throws down the line, not our usual style but is sometimes what's needed and he did it well.

Miles better than McGoldrick today
Agreed but Didzy seems to have lost his mojo - shockingly bad again. His body language is awful, not sure if it’s because he can’t score or whether he needs a game In the 10 position behind the front line?

This is an interesting thread. Up until tonight I have been far from impressed by McBurnie but thought he was good tonight. Although we were pretty poor in all departments in the first half, I thought he was one of the better performers.

Second half I felt he did really well and can see the partnership with Mousse being our future front line.

I’m still not 100% convinced about him in many ways BUT I will accept he is making progress and really does seem to want to play for us. He also seems to be well liked by his peers. He deserves credit tonight for his performance so fair play to him. I think there were signs tonight that Moose and Mc B might just make a great partnership. Let’s hope so !

Agreed but Didzy seems to have lost his mojo - shockingly bad again. His body language is awful, not sure if it’s because he can’t score or whether he needs a game In the 10 position behind the front line?

He's not looked reight since that Brighton miss. I think that might have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Back
Top Bottom