McBurnie is NOT a targetman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He looks like his kit’s shrunk in the wash.
Like the kid who's turned up for GCSE PE but had to borrow from the lost and found box. Runs like he's wearing his schools shoes too, because there weren't a pair of boots in the box.

Always thought McBernie would make a better C/half than a C/forward anyway, and there would be less chance of him than most of scoring an o/g.......

Reply with something more constructive, explain how you feel im wrong?
So you’re telling me that Oli was put on and totally disregarded the gaffers instructions for 45 minutes playing out of position while the gaffer stood on the sidelines and said nothing about it? I will let you try and work that one out in your own mind! 🙄

He’s a fucking good footballer. And how much better does he look when we’re not pinging it up to him, isolated, for 90 mins?

Changed the game today, dropped deep to collect, link up and was strong and good aerially when he NEEDED TO BE (not for 90 mins, because he isn’t Kevin Davies, Chris)

Hope this puts that myth to bed, also the myth that we have to play long ball when he’s on the pitch.

Props to both goalscorers, Fleck, Bash, Didsy. He was as big a game changer as anyone today.

Will he get the credit he deserves? I doubt it

I totally agree and didn't he look a lot more comfortable.

McBurnie was asked to play upfront with Sharp, it was Didzys role to be the number 10 not Mcburnie. Even when the crosses came in etc. Mcburnie is nowhere near where he should be in any chances created. He's either out wide or dropping deep. If Billy wasnt upfront we'd have a strikeforce of strikers wanting to come to the ball all the time
How the fuck do you know what he was sent on to do? 🤣 🤣 🤣

Why does our fan base have so many wallopers? Looking for any opportunity to criticise our players, it's just pathetic.

Makes me laugh when our fans say they'll support anyone that puts a shift in because that's just bollocks, we turn on players in an instant.

McBurnie was asked to play upfront with Sharp, it was Didzys role to be the number 10 not Mcburnie. Even when the crosses came in etc. Mcburnie is nowhere near where he should be in any chances created. He's either out wide or dropping deep. If Billy wasnt upfront we'd have a strikeforce of strikers wanting to come to the ball all the time
One of our players "out wide or dropping deep" actively looking for the ball? That'll never do in S2. Hit it high, hit it hard, hit it long - the hoofwaffe are back in town.

Out of interest, did you notice that McBurnie's movement caused problems for West Brom's defenders and that indecision helped us move up the pitch and find more space?

One of our players "out wide or dropping deep" actively looking for the ball? That'll never do in S2. Hit it high, hit it hard, hit it long - the hoofwaffe are back in town.

Out of interest, did you notice that McBurnie's movement caused problems for West Brom's defenders and that indecision helped us move up the pitch and find more space?
If only we had two younger players who like to play the other way, either on the shoulder or looking to drive forward with the ball. It’s almost like they suit each other and there’s a longer term plan. Nevermind, maybe one day when Billy and Dids are being phased out.

He’s a fucking good footballer. And how much better does he look when we’re not pinging it up to him, isolated, for 90 mins?

Changed the game today, dropped deep to collect, link up and was strong and good aerially when he NEEDED TO BE (not for 90 mins, because he isn’t Kevin Davies, Chris)

Hope this puts that myth to bed, also the myth that we have to play long ball when he’s on the pitch.

Props to both goalscorers, Fleck, Bash, Didsy. He was as big a game changer as anyone today.

He’s a target man when he’s out on t’piss alright.

i think mcburnie will be another one to be eased out by slav along with 4 or 5 others its the start of a new era at the lane

At least let's give him a start in front of Burke.
Slav clearly wants his two wide players to have pace, that’s why he’s persisting with Burke, McBurnie is vying for one strikers spot with 3 or 4 others, he’s going to have to work really hard when he gets his chances to play.

Slav clearly wants his two wide players to have pace, that’s why he’s persisting with Burke, McBurnie is vying for one strikers spot with 3 or 4 others, he’s going to have to work really hard when he gets his chances to play.
I take your point but currently with Mousset injured and Brewster playing left wing back he's vying with Sharp for the strikers spot. Sharp gave his usual 100% but I just feel its time to give him a shot. I've been his biggest critic but if he's fully fit he's worth a go.(IMO)

Well put mate, bloody good post

Jebbison and Sharp are our only centre forwards. I know we have a lot of forwards but we really need a focal point for everyone else to play around.

Jutkiewicz would be perfect in the short term

Back
Top Bottom