McBurnie is NOT a targetman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Time for me to put on my Top Bigger Blade hat:

August 2019:

McBurnie is a player i'm not sure most understand he's more than just a handful type of target man
September 2019:

McBurnie is a unique player and is far from a traditional "ugly" target man what doesn't help is that he has barely anyone around him when he is on the ball.

He is capable of being a real focal point to a side just put more bodies around him like all the other clubs he has played for and watch him flourish.

There are a few factors that will probably get us relegated, but for me, the players and management not realising this fact and playing hoofball regardless, is the biggest one.

Said it all along, but what can you do

It's the club motto "if we have 6ft + striker we will hoof"

He does look so much better when he is played like he was at Swansea ball to his feet. Even though he does win headers in both boxes.
Glad to see W Brom's new 6'4" stiker go off with his head down he didn't get a look all game against our defenders they had in in their pockets.

Few of us on here said a while back that McBurnie will take over from Didzy. McBurnie sometimes played the #10 role for Swansea, and people should do well to remember when potter changed his role second half against us and Swansea slapped us with McBurnie at the centre of it.

Fantastic call from Wilder to bring him on. Still prefer Howe?

I have always stood up for Mcburnie, wins almost every header he goes up for defensive and head ons in their half , holds it up well and the odd goal.
Just wish he didn’t run like he’s shit himself 😄
Won 96.

Lost 83 when you must have blinked 😉.

👀.

UTB

That is what I’ve found so frustrating about us this season. Why didn’t Wilder at least try to play with a number 10? It’s as if he completely forgot how much success it brought us in the Championship.
Here is the key question. Wilders stubbornness could still cost us. We are nowhere near the bottom 3 if we play to our strengths. Fine to try different things and last year the fine margins we t in our favour. This year they haven’t and we still did not change. Let’s hope the miracle can happen. It’s great to feel positive again.

Don't know about play him as a number 10, I would play him as a central defender at the side of Egan. Strong and can get his head on balls into the box and the joy of hoofing it down the pitch for some other fucker to chase would bring a smile to his face.
🤣😂😂

Time for me to put on my Top Bigger Blade hat:

August 2019:

September 2019:

He is capable of being a real focal point to a side just put more bodies around him like all the other clubs he has played for and watch him flourish.
Im a much bigger McBlade than you though, I've even got banned for the bloke.

We 💕 McBurnie

He’s a fucking good footballer. And how much better does he look when we’re not pinging it up to him, isolated, for 90 mins?

Changed the game today, dropped deep to collect, link up and was strong and good aerially when he NEEDED TO BE (not for 90 mins, because he isn’t Kevin Davies, Chris)

Hope this puts that myth to bed, also the myth that we have to play long ball when he’s on the pitch.

Props to both goalscorers, Fleck, Bash, Didsy. He was as big a game changer as anyone today.

Will he get the credit he deserves? I doubt it

Had a good game last night, but this level particularly, he’s not a good footballer in my opinion. He never beats anyone, doesn’t use the ball wisely and his finishing isn’t up to it. Obviously only young and he’s learning - it’s not a criticism because his work rate is excellent.

Got some potential obviously and he will be good in the championship if we go down, but I’ve never once watched him and thought he was a really good footballer.

Didzy is a really good footballer and there’s no comparison between the two.

Had a good game last night, but this level particularly, he’s not a good footballer in my opinion. He never beats anyone, doesn’t use the ball wisely and his finishing isn’t up to it. Obviously only young and he’s learning - it’s not a criticism because his work rate is excellent.

Got some potential obviously and he will be good in the championship if we go down, but I’ve never once watched him and thought he was a really good footballer.

Didzy is a really good footballer and there’s no comparison between the two.
Didzy is a good footballer so no one else can be. Yep.

That’s neither what I wrote nor what I implied.

I’m saying in my view, Didzy is a good footballer and is also a striker so he’s a readily available comparison. McBurnie is nowhere near as good, therefore he’s not a good footballer.
🤣🤣🤣

He's nowhere near as good a number ten as didzy and no where near as good a target man as eg Kevin Davies, Carroll or even Gary Madine.
He's an all round forward (as proven by the stats in his last season with Swansea), he was the best all round forward in the Championship when we signed him

Also gave Baggies defenders a bit of a scrap.

He’s a fucking good footballer. And how much better does he look when we’re not pinging it up to him, isolated, for 90 mins?

Changed the game today, dropped deep to collect, link up and was strong and good aerially when he NEEDED TO BE (not for 90 mins, because he isn’t Kevin Davies, Chris)

Hope this puts that myth to bed, also the myth that we have to play long ball when he’s on the pitch.

Props to both goalscorers, Fleck, Bash, Didsy. He was as big a game changer as anyone today.

Will he get the credit he deserves? I doubt it game,dropping deep,taking people on
running at defences

Absolutely bloody spot on,
Wilders directive to boot it in his general direction sucks big time and is a waste of his talent,
Anyone doubting his game should spend a few minutes screen time looking at what he’s actually good at and why we paid £20,000,000.

McBurnie was asked to play upfront with Sharp, it was Didzys role to be the number 10 not Mcburnie. Even when the crosses came in etc. Mcburnie is nowhere near where he should be in any chances created. He's either out wide or dropping deep. If Billy wasnt upfront we'd have a strikeforce of strikers wanting to come to the ball all the time

McBurnie was asked to play upfront with Sharp, it was Didzys role to be the number 10 not Mcburnie. Even when the crosses came in etc. Mcburnie is nowhere near where he should be in any chances created. He's either out wide or dropping deep. If Billy wasnt upfront we'd have a strikeforce of strikers wanting to come to the ball all the time
So glad to know you know what Oli was asked to do when he went on, good to see a member of the coaching staff on here.

Back
Top Bottom