McBurnie at Wembley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I dunno there were enough comments in the press about second season syndrome over last summer to pin up. I think you’re right something just seemed to sour around the place certain players not putting in 100% then the disciplinary and off field issues started culminating in didzy asking for a strong character as the new manager. It all hints at a group of players who weren’t listening to the manager anymore something must have happened and it doesn’t have to be something massive but they’d lost a degree of respect for him imo.

I really don't get this at all......just the same as the "once a Blade, always a Blade" and "he's one of our own" bollocks......some Unitedites really do think that playing for our Club should be seen as a privilege when in fact for the vast majority it is just a job.........they didn't give a flying fuck about Sheffield United before they signed and will probably feel exactly the same after they left, we just helped pay their mortgage for 3 years.

But there are some players who really do have an affection for a certain team they may have played for, such as McBurnie and Swansea......I doubt he wanted to leave them at all and come to us but at the end of the day money and his career, (possibly in that order) meant that he made the move......it doesn't mean he has to stop having that affection for Swansea FFS.....

And don't get me started on the, "he's one of our own" shite.....
i had a similar argument years ago with a Wednesday fan I was working with, re their star defender at the time Bougherra? French/Algerian if I remember,,, Mate he is going, and why not massive pay rise,,,,NO!!! He loves Wednesday,,he literally loves the club,,Mate, he has no links to the club, city or country other than as an employee,,,No he loves us, he is one of us, supports us!!!! Sad thing is the guy was in his early 40s, should have tried selling him some moon rock or the deeds to Buck house

i had a similar argument years ago with a Wednesday fan I was working with, re their star defender at the time Bougherra? French/Algerian if I remember,,, Mate he is going, and why not massive pay rise,,,,NO!!! He loves Wednesday,,he literally loves the club,,Mate, he has no links to the club, city or country other than as an employee,,,No he loves us, he is one of us, supports us!!!! Sad thing is the guy was in his early 40s, should have tried selling him some moon rock or the deeds to Buck house
Haha. To be fair mate, pigs are a different breed completely. 😂😂

I think players develop affinities for clubs throughout their careers it’s only natural but I think those are set aside for personal aspirations and only play a small part in career decisions. You can only really tell after a player has retired by which club they choose to still associate themselves with.

Almost forgotten about him...."Magic Majiid" they used to call him at S6.......played 28 times for them and left for Charlton so yeah, he proper loved them piggies.... 😂....had a decent spell at Rangers after that. Just looked on his Insta page, his is the Algerian A team coach now, plenty of photos on there of him in his Rangers days but not a single one of him playing for the club he "supports and loves".........typical deludamol statement

Almost forgotten about him...."Magic Majiid" they used to call him at S6.......played 28 times for them and left for Charlton so yeah, he proper loved them piggies.... 😂....had a decent spell at Rangers after that. Just looked on his Insta page, his is the Algerian A team coach now, plenty of photos on there of him in his Rangers days but not a single one of him playing for the club he "supports and loves".........typical deludamol statement
it really surprised me, if it had been a young lad or teenager, then fair enough, not seen enough of life to develop a cynical streak, Wednesday were a short stop off on his footballing journey, stood out, made a bit of a name, and moved on

it really surprised me, if it had been a young lad or teenager, then fair enough, not seen enough of life to develop a cynical streak, Wednesday were a short stop off on his footballing journey, stood out, made a bit of a name, and moved on

Bit like Olivier Tebily for us.....

I had a similar conversation with a Pig mate about George Hirst, "him and his Dad love the club and he will be there for his whole career"........I often remind him of how well that aged...

True Bert but mcburnie did come through Swansea’s academy they picked him up following his release from Leeds. A better example than Maguire and walker would be rammers who came to watch us against Oxford was it in league one after he’d been sold to Bournemouth. He came through our set up after being released by stoke but has an affinity for us because of time spent here and because we gave him the chance to be a pro.
I think he was picked up by Bradford's academy post-Leeds? Moved to Swansea then at 18/19. In any event, if he wants to go watch them in his spare time good luck to him - the point remains if he was producing on the pitch (and/or hasn't put his foot in it a bit off the field this season) then no-one would really care I guess.

A better example than Maguire and walker would be rammers who came to watch us against Oxford was it in league one after he’d been sold to Bournemouth. He came through our set up after being released by stoke but has an affinity for us because of time spent here and because we gave him the chance to be a pro.
Bolton, not Stoke

Bolton, not Stoke
Ramsdale is originally from Stoke which might be where the confusion arises. He was in Bolton's academy but was released when they effectively chose Jussi Jääskeläinen's son Will over him. Will Jääskeläinen is now at Crewe - Bolton backed the wrong horse.

On the subject of McBurnie's potential goals return in the Championship: Bournemouth's Dominic Solanke managed the grand total of three goals in his 40 Premier League appearances (none in his first 37!). He got 15 league goals this season in 42 Championship appearances. Let's not underestimate the gulf in class between the two divisions.

Back
Top Bottom