Matchday 24 Graphs – A Beautiful Day.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ucandomagic

Reaction score
Blackburn Lost - Watford Lost - Norwich Lost - Blades Won

Sing up Bono – A Beautiful Day

So – to the game. Iliman is just at another level.

On the ball, off the ball, an infectious joyous character for fans and team-mates to love – Iliman is Premier League. There was a moment when Ili and McAtee were close together right in front of me and the ball was rolled back under the studs, nutmegs, flicks, the 2 of them are a different class on the ball. Off the ball McAtee needs to learn about bravery from Ili and Billy. I get stick from those sitting around me for having a go at McAtee, but if he can get that off-the ball aggressive physical edge from Ili and Billy to go with his on-the-ball skills, then Pep will have one hell of a player when we give him back.

Our 3 goals, all class. Goal 1 – made in Senegal, finished in Salford. Goal 2 – a Norwood ball worthy of Ericksen at his very best. Goal 3 – Sander’s best moment, brilliant vision from Max and an inspired one touch (his first touch) finish of real complexity from Tommy. I love Tommy Doyle – he really is my sort of player.

And so to data:-

Graph 1 is the multiple comparison graph with our best recent Championship seasons. Graph 1 shows that after 24 games, on 47 points we are now just 6 points behind Warnock’s 05/06 season – which had a remarkable 53 points after 24 games . We are, however, now 6 points ahead of Wilder’s two Championship seasons, which were both on 41 points at this stage.

Graph 1
Our Best Recent Champs - Matchday 24.jpg

This is still our best Championship season for a long time, second best since the start of the Premier League era and well ahead of both of Wilder’s seasons.

6 points clear of Wilder’s fantastic Championship promotion season – let that sink in - Allez, Allez, Allez – get writing some new lyrics John.

Graph 2
is the usual graph, comparing where we are to my benchmark results for each game to achieve an automatic promotion or a playoff season.

Brilliant - you can see from Graph 2 that we are now back ahead of my Autos Certain line (by 1 point) and are 9 points ahead of my Playoff Certain results – let that sink in as well.

Graph 2
Paths To The Prem Matchday 24.jpg

Next, the League Table as of Boxing Day night - (I can’t be arsed to wait for the Tuesday games - they won’t change anything much anyway).

8 (yes 8!) points clear of 3rd and 12 points clear of 7th..

League Table
League Table.jpg

Thank You Millwall, Thank You Sunderland, Thank You Luton for your belated Christmas presents.

It really was A Beautiful Day – they even had Jaipur in the Sheaf!

UTB & Slava Ukraini

I meant to add about the game, that I thought that Egan’s second booking - and maybe even the penalty - were quite harsh. In both cases our guy was there first and did not initiate the contact.

Anel’s was probably just about a pen - as he may have continued to put his leg in the way - but I think Egan’s only looked bad because he put his hands up to protect himself from the impact, and their Swedish Messi (their description!) made it look like a push.

UTB & Slava Ukraini

The goal difference is effectively another point at this stage so I’d argue were 9 clear of 3rd!

Back
Top Bottom