Match day ticket prices.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

petcharlie

Reaction score
Just had a look at the average ticket prices in the Prem .The blades average price works out at about 23 quid Spurs day ticket price is about 72 Quid now unless I have read it wrong no wonder we can not compete with the big clubs in this league . It's great for us fans and it encourages the next generation of fans to come to the Lane so there is a plus side but trying to compete in this league makes it so hard income wise. It must be a north south divide thing ,obviously their fans have a much bigger disposable income then our fans .Could this element be something future owners of the club could be put off by knowing the limited income that match days generate ? Now I am not calling for a price increase just pointing out the differences in what income is generated on match days .

Just had a look at the average ticket prices in the Prem .The blades average price works out at about 23 quid Spurs day ticket price is about 72 Quid now unless I have read it wrong no wonder we can not compete with the big clubs in this league . It's great for us fans and it encourages the next generation of fans to come to the Lane so there is a plus side but trying to compete in this league makes it so hard income wise. It must be a north south divide thing ,obviously their fans have a much bigger disposable income then our fans .Could this element be something future owners of the club could be put off by knowing the limited income that match days generate ? Now I am not calling for a price increase just pointing out the differences in what income is generated on match days .
But a ticket at the Lane is expensive according to a few on here 🤷 ST value we are fantastic.

BTW what are Arsenal home ticket prices like? Because their away end is bang cheap for some reason..

But a ticket at the Lane is expensive according to a few on here 🤷 ST value we are fantastic.

BTW what are Arsenal home ticket prices like? Because their away end is bang cheap for some reason..
All premier league clubs still agree to cap away tickets at £30

According to the list the AVERAGE day ticket price is 75 quid for the Arsenal . Away supporters have voted that their experience at the Lane is the best in the prem which is no surprise when they are paying little money compered to what they are used to .

All away tickets are capped at £30 in the premier league.
I knew that rule but isn't Arsenal even cheaper? Sure I saw seniors was £12.

Edited*

General
Allocation
Disabled
Concession
Adults£28.50£14.25
Seniors 65+£12.25£12.25
Under 25s£21.50£14.25
Under 17s£11.00£11.00

Firstly those figures are wrong, I've seen a few of these ticket price 'reports' and never quite know where they get their figures from. It's definitely not our website. Our matchday prices are here. The cheapest you'll pay for any league game this season is £30 (CAT B, on Kop). The most expensive is £46 (CAT A*, South Stand).

Anyway, the income we make from matchday tickets has almost no impact on our total revenue. We make about £7m a year from matchday income compared to £100m+ in TV money. It matters so little in the grand scheme of things for Prem clubs, which is why it's so maddening when clubs increase their matchday prices to squeeze every penny out of fans. Greed, pure and simple.

Obviously you're taking about season ticket prices.
Last season our match day prices were one of the highest in the Championship
and some away fans boycotted us complaining that we were ripping off away fans
but we were only charging away fans what we were charging home fans.

Actually our ticket policy has similarities to Sheff Wed
How can our ticket policy be similar to SWFC ticket policy I hear you say?

What I means is that both clubs charge very reasonable early bird ST renewal prices but
charge very high pricing for match day (especially at SWFC).

When Chansiri put ST's on sale SWFC were 6 points clear at the top of the league with games in hand.
So Chancers pricing was based on Championship football, when the Prince put our ST's on sale we were starting
to slip and it looked like Boro might overtake us, so the prices were also based on Championship/ possibly PL prices.

For Kop prices me and my brother (a Wednesday fan) renewed instantly and his at SWFC was £10 more than mine.
Our south stand tickets were about £30 more than SWFC North stand season tickets
and the SWFC south stand tickets were about £30 more than our south stand tickets.

The controversy was, we had a decent early bird period and slightly increased them after the early bird
Where as SWFC sold put their ST's on sale just after Christmas and had multiple price increases,
punishments if you didn't renew in January. Also the new ST prices at SWFC were high and have increased throughout the Summer.

Think the SWFC headlines of "massive ST prices" is misleading.
Most of the proper/ loyal SWFC season ticket holders renew instantly and are happy with the price they paid.
It's almost a form of blackmail, at SWFC you need to renew immediately otherwise the price goes up the longer you delay.

I never used the buy season ticket in the past because you only saved on about 4 or 5 free matches.
I always have to miss about 4 matches a season anyway, so a ST at Bramall never gave me a financial saving.

However in recent seasons at both SUFC and SWFC, if you buy a season ticket
you get about 10 matches free, so even if you miss 6 matches a season, it's still a financial saving.

This strategy has worked because both SUFC and SWFC have never consistently had as many season ticket holders.
These season ticket holders are automatically counted in the attendance, hence why both have good gates.

According to the list the AVERAGE day ticket price is 75 quid for the Arsenal . Away supporters have voted that their experience at the Lane is the best in the prem which is no surprise when they are paying little money compered to what they are used to .
Or when ya roll up and watch your team get 8. That always helps for experience I suppose

Spurs went from nearly 40k in the old stadium to just over 60k now similar with arsenal and west ham, they can fill the seats as we can only against the big boys.

Spurs went from nearly 40k in the old stadium to just over 60k now similar with arsenal and west ham, they can fill the seats as we can only against the big boys.
yes but 12 million live in london even if they all get 60k each game its still only a very small percentage of the population add to that the fact that most salaries are 2/3 times more than up here

The "encouraging the next generation" comment always gets me. Only 2 things encourage the next generation. Your Dad (or mum....) and winning things. Without either of those 2 influences, you'll never grow a fanbase. Making tickets a fiver less than a city rival isn't doing Jack sh1t.

The "encouraging the next generation" comment always gets me. Only 2 things encourage the next generation. Your Dad (or mum....) and winning things. Without either of those 2 influences, you'll never grow a fanbase. Making tickets a fiver less than a city rival isn't doing Jack sh1t.
but a lower price for kids under 12 might just give mum and dad the incentive to let em go

Well in these days some families are feeling the pinch and some Dads and Mums might have to think carefully about forking out money for a football match .As for those across the city being labeled "rivals"I can see that they are, no bodies as far as football is concerned ,they have been no bodies for years .I know we are not cutting the mustard at the moment but you can't compare that lot with us in the last 20 years or more.

Well in these days some families are feeling the pinch and some Dads and Mums might have to think carefully about forking out money for a football match .As for those across the city being labeled "rivals"I can see that they are, no bodies as far as football is concerned ,they have been no bodies for years .I know we are not cutting the mustard at the moment but you can't compare that lot with us in the last 20 years or more.
agree with you can never understand why clubs dont do matchday pricing for a family of 2 adults and 2 children just to give most families a chance of being able to afford to attend games

yes but 12 million live in london even if they all get 60k each game its still only a very small percentage of the population add to that the fact that most salaries are 2/3 times more than up here
That pretty much answers the question that we can't compete unless we get a rich owner or become super successful.

agree with you can never understand why clubs dont do matchday pricing for a family of 2 adults and 2 children just to give most families a chance of being able to afford to attend games
good idea

That pretty much answers the question that we can't compete unless we get a rich owner or become super successful.
theres a much bigger percentage wise with the numbers in sheffield than london that attend matches ratio wise both sheffield teams would have enough with 40k stadiums if succesful

Junior Blades 30 p on Kop.. stand at front meet others make mates get right side of crush barriers when we score. We seem to have lost our way with the young uns me thinks..

How many live in London ?

If The Blades were doing well in the Premier League qualifying for Europe, and winning cups we could fill A 60,000 Stadium. Unfortunately, we are a million miles from that. probably will never happen.

You then need to look at ST prices. Which are guaranteed income for home league games. It’s not that straightforward.

If The Blades were doing well in the Premier League qualifying for Europe, and winning cups we could fill A 60,000 Stadium. Unfortunately, we are a million miles from that. probably will never happen.

While they are always within a thousand or so of capacity for PL games, Man. City don’t always sell out. 60k capacity is a pipe dream.

Back
Top Bottom