Massive overreaction

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Squad needs a freshen up, all teams that have a new manager do. CW has gone in this window and brought 4/5 players.

PH needs to do the same so that there his people playing to his ideas and with attributes that he wants.

We need to know the vision for the transfer part. Isit just buy young players? I think we are open to what it is but we have to start actually seeing it with players incoming.

We need a clear out and fast. Scary that we haven't sold a lot of players yet and we've been poor for 2 years
Spot on. Thought Hecky said would be more outgoings than incomings.. that's fine and all but we ain't had anyone outgoing except for youth loans and Verrips.

There is still a stench at the core.

Until we get rid of the likes of Freeman Mcburnie Mousset etc there's going to be a divide between those who give a fuck and those who don't.

We need a clear out and fast. Scary that we haven't sold a lot of players yet and we've been poor for 2 years
Spot on. Apart from Ramsdale I can't remember the last player we sold (Robinson / Burke was a swap). We have a disjointed squad ( several average goalies, not enough centre backs, too many underperforming strikers) and so there's no competition for places. Doesn't matter how bad you are, you're playing next week. Breeds complacency, and that's exactly where we are at the moment.

Some right snowflakes on here when we lose, get a grip of yourselves ffs!

We haven't played for over a month, match fitness and the psychology of the situation was always going to be against us, and Derby have been picking late results up for fun of late. If it weren't for their points deduction that result would have taken them above us in the table.

At the end if the day we've been a mid table championship side for the last 20 years , + or minus a stay in league 1 and a few trips to the prem. We've got some decent players, much better than some of the dross we've seen Iver the years, but us Blades always need a scapegoat. Is it still Berge?

I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist about a result that was always going to be a tough one.

I Think people need to chill out

Yes we were Shite but people need to calm down, the same people saying we’re in a relegation battle were the same people saying we were gonna storm the automatics after we outplayed Fulham

First game in a month and players getting pelters after playing there first game in 5 months like berge is nonsense

We never were gonna storm the automatics but i think we have a fair chance at the play offs once MGW, Berge & Brewster are upto speed

Hopefully we get players back upto speed upfront if not it’s about time we gave someone else a shot up top I’d give Burke a run out for sharp on Tuesday

4 wins out of 5 I will take that every month

UTB onto deepdale
Fallowfield , the Great Dictator.
Wtf gives you the right to tell folk what to think or say ?
Try expressing your own view on the actual football instead of arrogantly passing judgement on others.

Overreaction really .... more like no action from club re sorting a very poor squad out!!!

We haven't played for over a month, match fitness and the psychology of the situation was always going to be against us, and Derby have been picking late results up for fun of late. If it weren't for their points deduction that result would have taken them above us in the table.

At the end if the day we've been a mid table championship side for the last 20 years , + or minus a stay in league 1 and a few trips to the prem. We've got some decent players, much better than some of the dross we've seen Iver the years, but us Blades always need a scapegoat. Is it still Berge?

I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist about a result that was always going to be a tough one.

I reserve the right to overreact particularly as the designer of my knickers Nino Cerruti has just sadly passed away. My favourite pair of Cerruti trunks are currently flying at half mast in tribute to the master.

Yes we were Shite but people need to calm down, the same people saying we’re in a relegation battle were the same people saying we were gonna storm the automatics after we outplayed Fulham

First game in a month and players getting pelters after playing there first game in 5 months like berge is nonsense

We never were gonna storm the automatics but i think we have a fair chance at the play offs once MGW, Berge & Brewster are upto speed

Hopefully we get players back upto speed upfront if not it’s about time we gave someone else a shot up top I’d give Burke a run out for sharp on Tuesday

UTB onto deepdale
I think it was the nature of the loss. Terrible performance & looked uninterested again. I don’t mind losing/ drawing if we fight for every ball and create chances but it was as flat as our support.

Need a reaction vs Preston

Fallowfield , the Great Dictator.
Wtf gives you the right to tell folk what to think or say ?
Try expressing your own view on the actual football instead of arrogantly passing judgement on others.

I don’t have the right where does it say that ?

The words 'Berge' and 'speed' don't belong in the same sentence.

When Berge went off we were drawing in a scrappy game.

But yeah he’s shite and Hourihane is better.

When Berge went off we were drawing in a scrappy game.

But yeah he’s shite and Hourihane is better.

I didn't mention Hourihane or call Berge shite 🤷‍♂️

Spot on. Thought Hecky said would be more outgoings than incomings.. that's fine and all but we ain't had anyone outgoing except for youth loans and Verrips.

There is still a stench at the core.

Until we get rid of the likes of Freeman Mcburnie Mousset etc there's going to be a divide between those who give a fuck and those who don't.
Not disagreeing with you but who do you see coming in and paying a fee for any of these players? They're all on decent contracts and probably won't accept a pay cut so my guess is we'll be stuck with them until their contracts are nearly up when someone may come in with a below value bid that we'll accept or face losing them for nothing. We'll probably get a reasonable fee for Berge, albeit at a loss, but the rest are huge burden and drain.

We wasn’t great yesterday at all but it was 2 good individual goals that won it them defending questionable for 1st one mind. Don’t think we’re quite consistent enough for play offs this season but still plenty of games yet.

Was the FA Cup a mass hallucination?

We beat Fulham on 20th December. Yesterday was 15th January. That's not "more than a month"

No, we're not fully match fit, but don't just make things up to support a point.

Sorry, I've just seen this comment about not playing for a month used several times since the game and it's clearly false.

Was the FA Cup a mass hallucination?

We beat Fulham on 20th December. Yesterday was 15th January. That's not "more than a month"

No, we're not fully match fit, but don't just make things up to support a point.

Sorry, I've just seen this comment about not playing for a month used several times since the game and it's clearly false.
I don't have to make excuses for anyone pal, I'm just a mere fan who doesn't wet the bed when we lose a game that we expected to be tough.

I didn't mention Hourihane or call Berge shite 🤷‍♂️

Hourihane replaced him, did nothing, and we end up losing.

I know you didn’t say anything about that but if your saying Berge is slow, then the slowness was working to an extent. There seems to be this association that slowing it down and picking a pass is somehow the wrong tactic, when that plays to Berges strengths, and like I say, seemed to be suring up the middle a bit.

I don't have to make excuses for anyone pal, I'm just a mere fan who doesn't wet the bed when we lose a game that we expected to be tough.

Oh they aren't excuses, I'm not part of the management team responsible for results, the excuses aren't mine to make. See I don't think my opinion matters enough to make excuses.

I'm merely pointing out what I believe are the contributing factors.

But you go back to your pointless rage

UTB onto deepdale

Hopefully we get players back upto speed upfront if not it’s about time we gave someone else a shot up top I’d give Burke a run for sharp on Tuesday

UTB onto deepdale

A "massive overreaction" is the statement that we "outplayed" Fulham.....we really didn't, no way near in fact.....we were well drilled and looked a lot better than the shambles at Pride Park yesterday but we in no way, shape or form outplayed Fulham.....we took the lead through a worldy and rode our luck....nothing more.

Joe Root has just said “it’s the hope that kills you”. It struck a chord. He should know right now, There’s one Blade who probably feels more frustrated than we do!

The only different player was Egan. It is dishonest to say we didn’t do well yesterday because the players hadn’t played since December.
Osborn and Hourihane started at wolves so 3 changes, hence not the same team. No dishonesty and certainly no excuses. They need to step up.

Back
Top Bottom