Marlon King

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Strange one as you'd imagine he wouldn't come here to sit on the bench. KB has already shown he prefers Hendo to Chedders in a 4-5-1 so you'd think he'd be the one to miss out if King came in.

Never really rated him to be honest, had that great season which included that awful Monday night at the Lane but not really done it consistently.

Maybe KB is trying to re-create Watford's team of 2 or 3 years ago !

I would not be in favour of signing a player who, guilty or not, is on trial for sexual assault and ABH in about 6 weeks' time. More aggravation than it's worth.

And if it's not that, it'll be something else a few weeks later. Always rated him as a player and better than what we have, but far too much baggage.

I think he'd had a bit of something to the team, but there must be better players available!

Mcsheffrey was mentioned in yesterdays paper! I'd quite like him, unlike King he has been consistent in the Championship

Also.....to start a rumour.....David Healy isn't going to get a look in at Sunderland! Why not have a go for him! He'd get bag fulls in this league!

Is it true he's up on a charge of assault soon?

No doubt a good player but I hope Blackwell has done his homework on him personally. I'd rather we signed a 'cheap as chips' player who wasn't going to cause upset in the camp rather than signing someone who could effect team spirit.

In terms of those two;

McSheff - more of a wide player and hasn't been the same since his bad injury
Healy - I see him as a similar player to Billy, and we all know how well he did

Think King would be a very good player, but like the little girl above says, he does come with an awful lot of baggage and is simply not a very nice bloke.

I can understand the comparison of Healy and Sharp based on their build and height etc. But its very harsh on Healy to say he's as pants as Sharp!

Healy scored plenty of goals for Preston and then Leeds (a leeds team that was struggling......)

Not to mention he has an outstanding international record.

Hes got a similar goal scoring record as Marlon King.....but doesn't come with all the baggage and injury problems.......

Don't know much about King but if we believed all the media we'd have to think that Morgs is up for attempted murder. So is King a real twit or just a good target, or both? Regardless we do need to fill that Sharp spot with quality. Hope a deal is done soon.

Don't know much about King but if we believed all the media we'd have to think that Morgs is up for attempted murder. So is King a real twit or just a good target, or both? Regardless we do need to fill that Sharp spot with quality. Hope a deal is done soon.

King is up for sexual assault and ABH allegedly committed in the Raymond Revue Bar in Soho. If he is found guilty, he will most likely go to prison during the period of any loan with us. Not a risk we would be willing to take I suspect.

But like Robertson these things do take time and Gerrard certainly walked away from his charges. But if accurate I can see the issue, but the alternative McSheffrey is not a striker but another winger (?), so not really on. Hopefully those in the know will get it right.

But like Robertson these things do take time and Gerrard certainly walked away from his charges. But if accurate I can see the issue, but the alternative McSheffrey is not a striker but another winger (?), so not really on. Hopefully those in the know will get it right.

Apparently King's trial is in 6 weeks time - i.e. end of Novemberish. If found guilty, he is most likely to go straight to prison then. As far as I am aware, Robertson has never been charged and, as you say, King, like Gerrard, may get off. However, would be really want to take the risk of being without him for 6 weeks of his loan period?

McSheffrey is both - I think he started more as a striker but moved out onto the wing.

I personally am underwhelmed by the mention of his name, but it wouldn't necessarily be too bad a thing - it means that we'd have both Ward and McSheffrey who could operate on the wing or up front. And let's not forget, Cotterill can play as a striker too.

Given the number of loan players we already have, surely we have to be very selective about any additional loanees? Speaking to a Coventry fan friend of mine, McSheff is definately not what he was three seasons ago, which itself was a bit of a flash in the pan. I wouldn't be happy with King as an individual - can't see him fitting into the tight unit we are developing. Bit like Claude Davis.

Whats Marlon Harewood upto these days???

Harewood has a funny shaped head.

goomba.jpg
_45520778_006912486-1.jpg
article-0-0068A5AE00000578-509_306x392.jpg

Marlon?

Back
Top Bottom