Mark Duffy - Three in Four

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Could someone please point me in the direction where Duffy himself has been mouthing off about the circumstances of him leaving the Lane. I've read of his dad's and wife's versions, Wilder's version and that of umpteen posters on this forum. But not one where a direct quote can be attributed first hand to Duffy himself.

S24SU's version of a kangaroo court.

Get what you're saying, but maybe he should ask them to stop fighting his battles for him online? They're making themselves, and him, look a bit daft.

It's like a lost love.......give it a fuckin' break, he's gone, left, never to play for us again!

Surely there are no more tears left? Why not discuss Currie, Woodward, Cowans, Coutts, and the many other good to great players who've pulled on a Blade's shirt ad infinitum? If Duffy's dad has the hump with the Blades, I think we can absorb his pain.....just imagine, a future where your wife moans at every little injustice.

I'm looking forward to the day we get a dressing room split because of two of the WAGs falling out on Insta.

Get what you're saying, but maybe he should ask them to stop fighting his battles for him online? They're making themselves, and him, look a bit daft.

Maybe he should Crabby but he's got no more control over them taking sides than the folk in this thread taking the other side. Depends on where your loyalties lie I suppose and its understandable which side his dad and missus have chosen. Nick has spelled out the economics of it above and its easy now for the club to be full of bluster when there's a bit of money to chuck around.

It's like a lost love.......give it a fuckin' break, he's gone, left, never to play for us again!

Surely there are no more tears left? Why not discuss Currie, Woodward, Cowans, Coutts, and the many other good to great players who've pulled on a Blade's shirt ad infinitum? If Duffy's dad has the hump with the Blades, I think we can absorb his pain.....just imagine, a future where your wife moans at every little injustice.
Where's the little injustice Wilder had to do what he did or others would have jumped on the bandwagon.
Wilder been in this game a long time so if he called it like he did it must be true.
I think privately Wilder will not have enjoyed taking a hard line with Duffy ,was Duffy badly advised? it looks like it !

Where's the little injustice Wilder had to do what he did or others would have jumped on the bandwagon.
Wilder been in this game a long time so if he called it like he did it must be true.
I think privately Wilder will not have enjoyed taking a hard line with Duffy ,was Duffy badly advised? it looks like it !

Agree, and there will have been other, less discussed issues, that Wilder would be familiar with. It seems that Duffy, who, while here I considered an excellent player, but he received the narrowest of advice. Duffy needed to reflect, think about why his career, until Wilder took control, was at best average-to-good. It was the formation and players around him that enabled Duffy the chance to shine, not the fact that Duffy suddenly blossomed into a world beater.

I just hope that the triumvirate of agent, father, and wife feel smug in the knowledge that their ignorance of how to approach this matter caused a good player to lose his place at a promoted club.

Agree, and there will have been other, less discussed issues, that Wilder would be familiar with. It seems that Duffy, who, while here I considered an excellent player, but he received the narrowest of advice. Duffy needed to reflect, think about why his career, until Wilder took control, was at best average-to-good. It was the formation and players around him that enabled Duffy the chance to shine, not the fact that Duffy suddenly blossomed into a world beater.

I just hope that the triumvirate of agent, father, and wife feel smug in the knowledge that their ignorance of how to approach this matter caused a good player to lose his place at a promoted club.

The only ignorance on display here is that in your stupid post. As if any major organisation would hang anyone out to dry as a result of some social media chatter from a couple of his family members.

No one on here knows what Duffy was earning, how much he was earning compared to anyone else at the club or how much he asked for. At least his old man was probably better informed in of all this which puts him on higher ground than the likes of those doing all the bitching.

Good job we don't have Dads and wives of every player who've disagreed with Wilder or their team mates running a social media campaign.

Who else will join Philip Duffy and KM in the Derail the Blade Premier train campaign 😆

I would not be surprised if Wilder has seen all this over the last year or so and it was a deciding factor in telling him sod off out on loan.

The only ignorance on display here is that in your stupid post. As if any major organisation would hang anyone out to dry as a result of some social media chatter from a couple of his family members.

No one on here knows what Duffy was earning, how much he was earning compared to anyone else at the club or how much he asked for. At least his old man was probably better informed in of all this which puts him on higher ground than the likes of those doing all the bitching.

You obviously didn't take note of the comment, "...there will have been other, less discussed issues, that Wilder would be familiar with"

All you've done is repeat what I'd already mentioned, yet you seem to think that your comment revealed something that was already old news. Now if you're flying the flag for Duffy's old man, Duffy's wife, and whoever else contributed to this fiasco, then I guess it's a case of judging someone by the company they choose to keep.

Duffy has probably made the same no. of minutes game time for United this season than if he hadn’t left.
The signing of Freeman (who can’t get a game don’t forget) put paid to Duffy making any impact on the matchday 16.

You mean the most recent version of Ricky Holmes (who failed to stop Duffy making an impact in the Championship).

You obviously didn't take note of the comment, "...there will have been other, less discussed issues, that Wilder would be familiar with"

All you've done is repeat what I'd already mentioned, yet you seem to think that your comment revealed something that was already old news. Now if you're flying the flag for Duffy's old man, Duffy's wife, and whoever else contributed to this fiasco, then I guess it's a case of judging someone by the company they choose to keep.

Yeah, he definitely should fuck his old man and wife off because they dared to stick up for him. Silly old man.

Yeah, he definitely should fuck his old man and wife off because they dared to stick up for him. Silly old man.

No problem with them defending Duffy, but I've no time for loaded responses that have been fired at Wilder. Leave it to those who clearly know far more than those who've misjudged their comments.

He's really showing our bench the shape of the bum it's missing this season. I think he might be stuck to the Stoke bench with superglue.

I think the fact he's struggling to get minutes at a club bottom of the division below tells it's own story. Personally, I dont think Nathan Jones even fully wanted Duffy at Stoke. From what I can gather is that Duffy and Wilder have agreed it's probably best for him not to be around the club following on from the talks and thats why they rushed through a loan for him.

We don't really know what's happened. Theres a chance that Wilder has said you aren't going to be in my plans so I think it's best you get some football elsewhere. We just don't know.

What we do know is that players fall out of favour at clubs all the time and I would imagine this only becomes an issue when manager's freeze players out unfairly. I can't imagine Wilder is the type of manager to do that and in fact we know he isn't given that Coutts and Freeman were given the opportunity to work their way back in right at the very start of his reign. In fact if Duffy was a tad younger it wouldnt even have surprised me to see him return in January with the possibility of winning a place back in the side.

Back
Top Bottom